KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Almunia is a clown

Re: The Board

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Just to prove that we have some of the thickest fans in world football, a few years back some twats who call themselves Arsenal fans, praised Stan Kroenke for bringing stability to the club, this was in the White Swan pub / Highbury corner.

I laughed myself silly then but next time I hear this shite I won't be laughing................................ :cussing: :box:

So these delusional Kroenke supporters are really out there, maybe the club's Pravda department will be trying to increase their numbers over time! :banghead:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

At least there will (maybe) cheaper season tickets when Stan has us firmly in midtable (or lower), personally I wouldn't take one at £1.

Talking of £1, I hope we now go the same way as Pound World... anything is better than an eternity of being a KSE Sports Entertainment franchise..

All the slighty positivity I had for Emery's new era is now out of the window, in the grand scheme of things a new manager is meaningless.

silus

Post by silus »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:54 pm
At least there will (maybe) cheaper season tickets when Stan has us firmly in midtable (or lower), personally I wouldn't take one at £1.

Talking of £1, I hope we now go the same way as Pound World... anything is better than an eternity of being a KSE Sports Entertainment franchise..

All the slighty positivity I had for Emery's new era is now out of the window, in the grand scheme of things a new manager is meaningless.
So, before we've even kicked a ball this season, your hoping for it to be a disaster and we go the same way as pound world?
Whilst I agree him taking over could be a shit show...personally, I'm hoping things work out..as..
..err.. you know..I support Arsenal and want us to be successful.
No point overreacting until we see how it all plays out imo. A lot of people seem to be losing there shit when nobody actually KNOWS what will happen.
I think he'll have little to do with the club and his son will be running things...and he might do an alright job. But I'm only guessing....Same as everybody else.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

silus wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:26 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

So, before we've even kicked a ball this season, your hoping for it to be a disaster and we go the same way as pound world?
Whilst I agree him taking over could be a shit show...personally, I'm hoping things work out..as..
..err.. you know..I support Arsenal and want us to be successful.
No point overreacting until we see how it all plays out imo. A lot of people seem to be losing there shit when nobody actually KNOWS what will happen.
I think he'll have little to do with the club and his son will be running things...and he might do an alright job. But I'm only guessing....Same as everybody else.
Sorry but you just need to look across the pond at other parts of his bullsh*t sports franchise, they are all poor to average, I don't need to wait and see because his track record of being an utter sh*tbag speaks for itself, he is borrowing money to buy the club and will likely secure this debt and others against it in the long run.

A few wins or a 'convenient' big name signing at the right time is not going to sway me, Kroenke is a grade a c*nt and will take the club down the shi*ter head first.

Glad I jacked in going to games just under 2 years ago now and certainly wont be going back while the wigged parasite milks the cash cow, at least if we do go the way of Pound World we have a chance of being bought by an oligarch or ambitious owner, rather that than eternity in midtable whilst being asset stripped by an American profiteer.

I don't care about what happens this season as there is a bigger picture at play here, and frankly what is the best we can achieve this season?, 3rd/4th at best?, great happy Kroenke with CL cash...

:censored:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

The Guardian article talks about Stan needing to be careful to maintain the value of the club, but if he has no intention of selling the club (as per his other sporting assets) then the nominal value of the club is irrelevant. I think he'll be more interested in the revenue stream that ever-increasing TV deals guarantee. In 11 years he's not put a penny into the club and I can't see that changing. I think the money would have to start to dry up, coupled with massive supporter unrest for him to even bat an eyelid.

This feels like the worst day in the history of the Club.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

sk-gtfo wrote:

Should attendances drop, he will get rid of the card readers and go back to cash on the turnstile, " one for you, three for me".....
Saves putting in a Consultancy Invoice and much easier to pocket/launder the cash for a rainy day of course....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:30 pm
The Guardian article talks about Stan needing to be careful to maintain the value of the club, but if he has no intention of selling the club (as per his other sporting assets) then the nominal value of the club is irrelevant. I think he'll be more interested in the revenue stream that ever-increasing TV deals guarantee. In 11 years he's not put a penny into the club and I can't see that changing. I think the money would have to start to dry up, coupled with massive supporter unrest for him to even bat an eyelid.

Yup and let's not forget not only has he not put one penny into the club, he actually took out £6million in "consultancy" fees over 2 years, until the media glare stopped him. Once we are privately listed he'll be at that again.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I see Usmanov wants to buy AC Milan.
No wonder Gazidis wants to go there :rubchin:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:

My pre season optimism and enthusiasm has been drained out of me -

our values have been replaced by 💵 our self professed custodians replaced by a opportunist money maker, our home replaced by a soulless bowl, our historic crest replaced by a cartoon, our loyal and passionate fans replaced by selfie taking tourists - all in the space of 12 years.

I don’t think there is anything left of what used to be Arsenal.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I share your disdain old bean...
I remember some sharp eyed Gooner reporting on Usmanovs imminent departure but was quashed, no smoke without fire...
I wonder how much this man has made from his holding, was it not Red and White Holdings? fuck me it seems an eternity... 8)
Just having been relieved of you know who, we now have one of the most unambitious owner in sporting history, who likes to dip his hand in the till from time to time.....

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:49 pm
laughinggooner2 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:33 pm
Has Gazidis jumped ship to Milan cos of the impending takeover?
No

Do you know that for a fact flash, or is it just that you dont believe that they are linked ? Seems a very, very big coincidence to me :rubchin:
i was being flippant but i dont think they are linked personally, he has been working for Kroenke for 8 years or so what difference does it make if he owns the entire club? Its not like Usmanov had any influence at all

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:04 am
augie wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:49 pm
laughinggooner2 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:33 pm
Has Gazidis jumped ship to Milan cos of the impending takeover?
No

Do you know that for a fact flash, or is it just that you dont believe that they are linked ? Seems a very, very big coincidence to me :rubchin:
i was being flippant but i dont think they are linked personally, he has been working for Kroenke for 8 years or so what difference does it make if he owns the entire club? Its not like Usmanov had any influence at all
But the big difference this time is that Josh Kroenke controls Arsenal for Stan and Gazidis would be reporting in to him, something a CE, who has been used to doing things his own way, would really not take to.
So yes, i do think Gazidis leaving now is linked to the takeover

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Josh Kroenke expected to take over from Gazidis.

Oh dear....this is a guy who has no knowledge of football and if you look at his wiki page states his interests as reading Harry Potter and eating breakfast at McDonalds :roll:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:43 am
GranadaJoe wrote:

I don’t think there is anything left of what used to be Arsenal.
I agree. I feel like my football club has been stolen from me. Now it is just a brand. Not sure I can be bothered to go anymore.