Chav$ Away 18/08 @17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPARKSY

Re: Chav$ Away 18/08 @17:30

Post by SPARKSY »

Wilson wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:42 am
These are the type of games were changes need to be made. Monreal, Lichtsteiner should be called up, Ozil should be dropped. Two old heads at wingback with Lacazette Welbeck offering protection. Start Torriera, Guendouzi & I would go with Ramsey just because one midfielder needs to get forward. Ramsey is not great positionally or defensively, but this is mostly exposed with Ozil in the team, as Ramsey must shoulder more defensive responsibility, however if Ramsey is the player with the free pass then any defensive neglect is not felt as much. I also like Ramsey because he wants to get in the box & shoot. Where as Ozil would rather receive the ball than get on the end of it.

Chelsea are not City. So a result will be more likely, even away from home.

------------------------------------Leno---------------------------------

Lichtsteiner--------Sokratis--------Mustafi---------Monreal

-------------------Torriera------------Guendouzi------------------
---------------------------------Ramsey--------------------------------

Welbeck------------------------------------------------------Lacazette
-------------------------------------PEA-----------------------------------
I certainly think the new pressing game will suit Welbeck so i do agree with you, on him starting.
It may even prove the making of him in this team :rubchin:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

SPARKSY wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 am
Wilson wrote:
These are the type of games were changes need to be made. Monreal, Lichtsteiner should be called up, Ozil should be dropped. Two old heads at wingback with Lacazette Welbeck offering protection. Start Torriera, Guendouzi & I would go with Ramsey just because one midfielder needs to get forward. Ramsey is not great positionally or defensively, but this is mostly exposed with Ozil in the team, as Ramsey must shoulder more defensive responsibility, however if Ramsey is the player with the free pass then any defensive neglect is not felt as much. I also like Ramsey because he wants to get in the box & shoot. Where as Ozil would rather receive the ball than get on the end of it.

I certainly think the new pressing game will suit Welbeck so i do agree with you, on him starting.

I'd go with the above selection, but with Ozil instead of Ramsey. Not with any great confidence, but we know Ozil can create chances. Despite having Ozil, Miki and Rambo against Citeh, we lacked creativity (and pace. In fact the three of them were dire.
We need to find out if Ozil can do it on a regular basis.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I would think this will be it :

------------------------------------Cech---------------------------------

Lichtsteiner--------Sokratis--------Mustafi---------Monreal*

-------------------------------------Ozil---------------------PEA
-------------------------------------Lacazette-----------------------------------

I'm not sure if Nacho is fit yet, or how bad the ANM injury is.

markyp

Post by markyp »

personally I think Lichsteiner has to start and he should be captain,from what weve seen of him he is head and shoulders above any of our defenders in terms of tactical nous and positional play and a born leader,he was barking orders as soon as he came on to the pitch,so refreshing to see after years of the 'just do what you want' attitude

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Wilson wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:57 am
Against teams outside the top 6 , Ozil is a given to start. But in games against the top 6 (especially away), his position in the team need to be really be questioned.
absolutely agree on both points, he has never given us a solid performance away at a difficult outpost like the bridge, he ain't gonna start now.

i remember this fixture last season, we were all over them but didn't have the cutting edge to score, this season they've started fast and we'll seem like we're on the backfoot from the off. would love the go there and act like we should be beating them, mhiki and ozil would both be dropped if i had my way, laca and welbeck starting in their place.

General

Post by General »

Xhaka must be benched at all cost. He was one of the major root causes of our pathetic away record last season, consistently going AWOL from the centre and consistently caught ball watching. Choice between Ramsey and Ozil. I don't care who plays but both cannot be on the pitch at the same time.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

General wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 am
Xhaka must be benched at all cost. He was one of the major root causes of our pathetic away record last season, consistently going AWOL from the centre and consistently caught ball watching. Choice between Ramsey and Ozil. I don't care who plays but both cannot be on the pitch at the same time.
Totally agree with you re Xhaka! He is a liability and should be dumped into Thames asap. Sounds silly but I'd go with Gendouzi and Torreira in bottom midfield. Yes, Gendouzi did couple of horrendous mistakes but this lad has something in him which I personally want to see on the pitch. Xhaka didn't provide any help to him and I think with Torreira that might even work.

I'd go with Özil as number 10, PEA on the left wing, Laca up front and Miki on the right wing. Özil for Ramsey because he can provide more critical passes to our front than Ramsey.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:46 pm
SPARKSY wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 am
Wilson wrote:

I'd go with the above selection, but with Ozil instead of Ramsey. Not with any great confidence, but we know Ozil can create chances. Despite having Ozil, Miki and Rambo against Citeh, we lacked creativity (and pace. In fact the three of them were dire.
We need to find out if Ozil can do it on a regular basis.

For for all of Ozil's passing ability & capacity to create chances, he has no defensive qualities. I think that reinforcing the defensive side of our team should be primary. I have always felt that playing Ozil against the top 6 was a gamble - we gamble the lack of protection will be rewarded if he creates or scores a goal. But how often does that gamble take off?

I like Ozil, I think he is our best player technically. But he isnt playing in a team that can cover for him defensively, nor is he playing in a team that can dominate possession (not like we used to) . When we dont have the ball, he is a fish out of water, he doesn't close down, or even look to fill any spaces. City carved us up last week, & whilst Chelsea are not as efficient as City, they would likely create enough chances to score 2 goals if we play Ozil, Miki & Ramsey in the same team.

Rather than worry about chances, we should worry about our clean sheet. Then the week after when its West Ham at home, then we base the team selection on creating chances. Pick Ozil, put Bellerin back in the team, maybe even play a front three.

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 am
Xhaka must be benched at all cost. He was one of the major root causes of our pathetic away record last season
I thought the root cause was our inability to defend as a team and not getting the basics right when marking.

Post by 1989 »

Kante will have Ozil for breakfast. Shove him out wide or drop him.

Wanna see Lacazette and Auba start.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPARKSY wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 am
clockender1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:38 pm
btw I think Laca starts instead of Miti.

Keown's piece this morning pointed out that Miti doesn't have the pace to play wide. like Ozil he has to play the No. 10 directly behind PEA.
Yes and it needs to be Miki as our NO.10.
Ozil needs to be dropped.
Mickey Tarragon does not have the ability, vision or range of passes to play as a 10. Nowhere near it.

Whilst I agree no one should be a guaranteed starter Mickey Tarragon is not the answer. Mickey Tarragon offers nothing going forward or defensively. Manure do not sell their good players to us. Just the shit like Welwide, Pre-op Tranny, and Mickey. I'd take Ozil over Mickey Tarragon all day every day. I'd even nearly take Ramsey over Mickey Tarragon he's been that poor since he joined.

Also any team with Mickey Tarragon, Ramsey and Wellwide in it is going to piss possession away as well as offer nothing defensively.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

think this will be the usual toothless display we seem to do at the chavs and a 1-0 loss and of course everyone starting to panic :?

I hope Emery gets the time he deserves

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Trying to play the high press Emery game is going to take months and I don't think we have the personnel to do it. Fuck me Ozil couldn't press the button on a microwave let alone press defenders into mistakes, and as for "Rambo", pressing an orange on to a juicer would prove difficult

We need to give Emery the whole of this season to work out who can and who can't. Shit for Brains has damaged this club beyond belief and he's also now working with the worst sports owner in the world. Pity the poor bloke - what a fucking stage of affairs. From Invincibles to rabble in under 15 years

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

I’d just like to see the new keeper and two up front, Lacazette and PEA. And we don’t have to always piss about at the back. Hopefully the new fella has half-decent distribution and can find a red shirt occasionally. And here’s an idea - shoot FFS!

augie

Post by augie »

For me this should be a test of how useful our video analysis is - if it was my decision I would start this team

Leno

Bellend mustafi sokratis. maitland niles

Torreira

Gheundozi. Xhaka

Ozil

Auba. Lacazette

Obviously I wouldn't have mustafi or Shaka near the team given a choice, but a lack of alternative options would have them in my team. If emery looks at the video analysis and starts either Ramsey or mikki, then the analysis is a waste of time

Can please stop with the wellshit suggestions please ? We have endured enough crap from him to last a lifetime, and we are meant to be entering a new dawn now :roll: