ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Skooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Skooner »

Interesting that the story seems to be that there was an offer that he was willing to sign but it has now been withdrawn. Slightly out on a limb here but I am wondering if Emery has had a say in that. Right now the three behind Lacazette are Aubameyang, Ramsey and Ozil and none are really playing in their natural position and perhaps Emery has decided he can't accommodate them all long term so has advised getting rid of him? Yes we'll get nothing for him next summer or a limited amount in January but the alternative is giving him a big pay hike and taking up wage bill budget which could be spent getting players that do actually suit Emery's system. If Ramsey is phased out, Ozil goes back to 10 (we won't find a buyer so need to accommodate him and that is his best position) and we can then invest in a genuine wide man.

DB10GOONER

Re: Ramsey Set To Leave Arsenal

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ernie71 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:01 am
goonersid wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:50 pm
Were we told that he was central to Emerys plans?
Seems strange!
Personally I’ll be glad to see the back of him, despite some great moments eg cup final winning goals, however these were few and far between and his time at the club was one of frustrating mediocrity interrupted by injuries.
This could be said about every Arsenal player over the last decade.

But if it was a choice of Ramsey or Ozil i would always choice Ramsey.That Ozil deal of £350k a week still sticks in the throat.Absolutely mental
It's all about opinions but ffs man get past your obvious personal dislike of Ozil and compare the two players in the cold light of day.

Ramsey had one brilliant half season in 2014 and has been average to utter shit before and since that short golden spell. Ozil has set PL assist records and chances created records in that time and yet you'd choose Ramsey because of Ozil's salary? I sometimes wonder what the fuck some people are thinking tbh. :lol: There is simply no comparing the two. Ozil is ten times the player Ramsey has ever been or ever will be. And Ozil is extremely limited in what he contributes - let's be honest - but that is still more than Ramsey has offered us.

Having said that I do agree that Ozil should not be on 350k a week. He is not worth that. No footballer is.

OneBardGooner

Re: Ramsey Set To Leave Arsenal

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:40 am
This is well covered in the transfers thread lads. Merging this one into there. :roll:
sorry mate didn't see it in the transfer thread, I thought it was odd no one had picked up on it.

The flicks and tricks cuntt can still fuckk off. :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Not too fussed about Ramsey, he's had his time at Arsenal. Two cup final winning goals is a great legacy to leave behind. Mkhi has shown how much more he gives to the team.
I was very much in the Ozil staying and Sanchez leaving camp. Since that has happened neither have performed to a decent level. Maybe, they needed each other to perform to the highest level.
I wouldn't be fussed if Ramsey and Ozil left. Auba, Lacazette and Mkhi seem to work better under Emery.
A winger would be great. I'd love it if PSG get done by Uefa and have to release Mbappe. I'd go all out for him and apparently he worked well with Emery.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:01 pm
Not too fussed about Ramsey, he's had his time at Arsenal. Two cup final winning goals is a great legacy to leave behind. Mkhi has shown how much more he gives to the team.
I was very much in the Ozil staying and Sanchez leaving camp. Since that has happened neither have performed to a decent level. Maybe, they needed each other to perform to the highest level.
I wouldn't be fussed if Ramsey and Ozil left. Auba, Lacazette and Mkhi seem to work better under Emery.
A winger would be great. I'd love it if PSG get done by Uefa and have to release Mbappe. I'd go all out for him and apparently he worked well with Emery.

Been smoking the exotic woodbines buddy ? :wink: Mikhi has shown that in most games he brings the square root of fcuk all to the table :roll:

As for signing mbappe ......... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Mbappe is a Messi/Ronaldo level talent he'll only be sold for something in excess of £200 million.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Im all for Ramsey leaving. Emery has the right to make this team in his own image & I dont think Ramsey is the type of midfielder we need. For years Wenger stock piled attacking midfielders and would play them on the flanks to justify having them. Although Emery isnt doing that and the flanks exist for players who cant function on the flank. If Ramsey wernt British, his importance wouldn't be as heavily cited.

I think we need another natural wide player. Lacazette and PEA cant rotate the strike with the other outwide, Iwobi is a natural wide player and Miki cant operate well enough. But we lack a true genuine world class winger.

I wonder if something could be worked out for Sanchez given his situation at United. I bet when they paid out for him, they wernt expecting 3 goals in 23 appearances, especially given he was a goal every second game for us (80 goals in 166 appearances). Its Jose's hit football stiffing his game. I would have him back in an instant.

But as far a Ramsey goes, he can go.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wilson wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:23 am
Im all for Ramsey leaving. Emery has the right to make this team in his own image & I dont think Ramsey is the type of midfielder we need. For years Wenger stock piled attacking midfielders and would play them on the flanks to justify having them. Although Emery isnt doing that and the flanks exist for players who cant function on the flank. If Ramsey wernt British, his importance wouldn't be as heavily cited.

I think we need another natural wide player. Lacazette and PEA cant rotate the strike with the other outwide, Iwobi is a natural wide player and Miki cant operate well enough. But we lack a true genuine world class winger.

I wonder if something could be worked out for Sanchez given his situation at United. I bet when they paid out for him, they wernt expecting 3 goals in 23 appearances, especially given he was a goal every second game for us (80 goals in 166 appearances). Its Jose's hit football stiffing his game. I would have him back in an instant.

But as far a Ramsey goes, he can go.

:high5:

the greedy crunt can fuckoff !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:01 pm
Nos89 wrote:

Been smoking the exotic woodbines buddy ? :wink: Mikhi has shown that in most games he brings the square root of fcuk all to the table :roll:

My first thought too. Not sure what Nos89 has been watching but it isn't Mickey Tarragon that's for sure! :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:32 am
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

My first thought too. Not sure what Nos89 has been watching but it isn't Mickey Tarragon that's for sure! :lol: :wink:
Okay, I've made that call on contribution in assists and goals. Mkhi has made a bigger contribution. I've only watched 3 matches all season and he's been more effective in those 3 than Ramsey.
Yes, in reality Mbappe is out of reach. But if we got rid of Ozil and Ramsey wouldn't you like to see us go for him?
I think we will be back in CL next season. Hopefully, via Europa League win.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We’d have to get rid of about 8 players to afford Mbappe!!!............mmmmmm, not a bad idea!!

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:14 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:32 am
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Okay, I've made that call on contribution in assists and goals. Mkhi has made a bigger contribution. I've only watched 3 matches all season and he's been more effective in those 3 than Ramsey.
Yes, in reality Mbappe is out of reach. But if we got rid of Ozil and Ramsey wouldn't you like to see us go for him?
I think we will be back in CL next season. Hopefully, via Europa League win.

Personally I would prefer that if we were to spend a massive amount of money on a marquis player, that player would be a top class centre back like thiago silva (I know that his age might be a small issue). I would actually also prioritise signing a young quality left back (tierney from celtic 8) ) over signing a winger tbh.
I know that we lack proper width and a natural winger would increase our options, but for me we are top heavy up front in terms of numbers and talent, and one of the (many) massive mistakes in wenger's last 10 years has been continually signing attacking players at the expense of defensive ones.

Poundland

Ramsey-Alexis Sanchez swap...

Post by Poundland »

..is not being rumoured anywhere but what would you think about it?

Jock Gooner

Re: Ramsey-Alexis Sanchez swap...

Post by Jock Gooner »

ffs :?

AkneyGooner

Re: Ramsey-Alexis Sanchez swap...

Post by AkneyGooner »

I don't want him back he served us well for a couple seasons, but I wonder what his attitude would be if he came back.

I not sure I would take any manure players except for martial as he has alot of time to improve, or Thier keeper as he is a serious upgrade on what we have.

I think that whole squad has had a shit attitude for a few years tbh even before Maureen made it worse.