other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
VoiceOfReason

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by VoiceOfReason »

I know they're not high on our list of priorities these days, but can we please just take a moment to LOL at Bolton for being relegated to the third tier of English football today? Good fucking riddance! :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:28 pm
I know they're not high on our list of priorities these days, but can we please just take a moment to LOL at Bolton for being relegated to the third tier of English football today? Good fucking riddance! :barscarf:
Yep. I'm happily laughing away at their demise. Horrible club, cesspit of a place, bunch of thugs, fucked off back to where they belong which is the lower leagues of football. Piss off.

John F

Post by John F »

I enjoyed going to Bolton Reebok stadium,straight off the motorway, parking at the ground,good small stadium ,no hassle and they gave us one end which made for a good atmosphere.I been to places far worse.I didn't want them to go down from the prem as it was only one of the few away games I could get too.Next up review of Wigan .

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:28 pm
Hopefully next season Stoke and Birmingham can join them.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:18 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:45 pm
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:54 pm
UCL needs to get rid of the away goals rule. It's fucking stupid.
Always hated the away goals rule, have we ever actually won on it?, I know we've 'lost' many times on it.

You just knew Spuds would win on it as well but if the game went on to ET then they would have been out on their feet and almost certainly lost.

Ok it's been around for a while now but it's yet another thing to hate about........ MODERN FOOTBALL!!.

:banghead:
Like the away goals rule, it is all about game management..Only Arsenal win I can remember on away goals was in 1978 against Hadjic (?) Split..Won 1-0 at home after 2-1 awsy defest..Think Liam Brady was sent off in second leg..

I too like the away goals rule - I am old enough to remember how painfully boring games were when away teams came with no other intention other than to park the bus, and if people think that football won't revert to that if/when the away goals is binned, then they are seriously mistaken

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

In an ideal world my shaft would never leave the vag/mouth/arsehole of that blonde in the studio doing the city game. She’s a fucking worldie.

BALLS DEEP FOR THE RODDERS :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Get in City!!!!

Think it all boils down to the manc derby in midweek now. If city can get 3 points there crooked veneers and his merry bunch of murderers can go fuck themselves.

Hopefully Cardiff who are fighting for there lives get something tomorrow now.

FUCK OFF :barscarf:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Goodness me, City did look tired at the end today. The cúnts had a few good chances but Ederson was there to rescue. Classic cúnt luck; Gazzaniga with a save that he didn't even see the ball. There's a higher chance of Iwobi being world class than Cardiff do something tomorrow but one can only hope.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:26 pm
Get in City!!!!

Think it all boils down to the manc derby in midweek now. If city can get 3 points there crooked veneers and his merry bunch of murderers can go fuck themselves.

Hopefully Cardiff who are fighting for there lives get something tomorrow now.

FUCK OFF :barscarf:
Don't know why but Burnley/Brighton away scares me for City. The toll on the number of games and fitness can be seen and was evident today in the latter part of the game. In a way, Shitterpool had an easy CL run (thought they played a full team). Just hope Newcastle can pull something out of their bag and the Barca fixture takes a hit on them.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The scum have lost 11 games in the league and are third. ELEVEN FUCKING GAMES.

They’ve lost 4 times in the CL and are in the semi final.

The game is fucking gone folks. It’s eaten its own arsehole again.
Last edited by rodders999 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John F

Post by John F »

The Utd fans minds are going to be all over the place on Wednesday stuck with the choice between their local rivals,top four ambition and the team they hate the most.If Chelsea and the Tiny Totts were in the title race it would be like us playing the Chavs at home knowing that if we beat them to get into the top four it would help our most hated rivals win the league .

John F

Post by John F »

Forgot to add that is why I think City will win on Wednesday and go on to win the title.Spuds and Bin dippers despite all the hype will end the season with nothing as Barca are just too good for them.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:52 pm
The scum have lost 11 games in the league and are third. ELEVEN FUCKING GAMES.

They’ve lost 4 times in the CL and are in the semi final.

The game is fucking gone folks. It’s eaten its own arsehole again.
Group stage football is nearly as bad as away goals.. :roll:

No infact I'll say it's worse. Bring back the old European cup - KO rounds from the start and no 4th/3rd/2nd place 'champions'. :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Love the way the commentator said in the City game "So difficult for spurs to come back here again and repeat what they did in midweek" Huh!!?? The did exactly what they did in mid week...lost the game :? :? :?

That's the thing with the away goals....it's in everyone's head that spurs won....they didn't, they lost 3-4

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Group stage football is nearly as bad as away goals.. :roll:

No infact I'll say it's worse. Bring back the old European cup - KO rounds from the start and no 4th/3rd/2nd place 'champions'. :banghead:
The top two in the European Cup would have been acceptable but allowing four teams in from some leagues and three teams in from leagues which are weak and then two in from absolute shit leagues has made it dull and boring for the most part. I caught the last ten minutes of the scum and city match the other night and that's the most I've watched of this competition in years, apart from our games. I have no interest whatsoever in it unless we are playing and then it's only our match that I want to watch. The bloated format and the fact that nothing really happens for months has driven people away and bored the life out of others. It's a joke that the semi finals of Europe's most important club competition, contains only one team who actually won their domestic league the season before, with two of the other teams not winning it for 29 years and 58 years. That is just not right. If you finish third or fourth in your league, you should be at a severe disadvantage in the next season's champions league. The winners of the top 8 domestic leagues in Europe should get a bye to the knock-outs and the others should be in the group stage battling it out to join them. That would reward success. I will absolutely admit that for years, we were a joke, sneaking in to the competition year after year in 3rd or 4th and going out in the second round. That wasn't right. Something needs to change to make it more 'champions' league than 'league of a few teams from around Europe'.

Looking back 25 years or so, the old system of three European trophies worked fine. The CWC had a few strange teams in it, but that made it a bit interesting. The UEFA Cup was strong and taken seriously because it had good teams in it who had finished second, third or fourth in their leagues. Teams like Juventus, Bayern Munich, Real, Barcelona, Benfica, Feyenoord, Sporting Lisbon, Inter Milan and others took part and it was a good quality competition. The European Cup was then just the winners and the holder. That was top quality stuff which was survival of the fittest. Yes, you got some easy runs if you were lucky but that's cup football. Think about us in 1991, we thrashed Austria Vienna and then drew Benfica. We could have had someone shit but that's the way it went and we lost.
UEFA should have done more to protect the status of the UEFA Cup 20 odd years ago and that would have stopped this devaluing of the champions league. Teams should not 'fall back' into another compeition if they finish third in another competition's group stage, that is just fucking stupid. They should go off and play each other in a plate competition if they need to. Twenty years ago, the way to keep broadcasters and clubs happy was to let the top two from the top 10 leagues in Europe in the Champions League and then one each from the other however many leagues, stick them all in a hat, draw out some groups and be done with it. Winners play in the knock-outs, everyone else fucks off out. Then the same should have happened with the UEFA Cup, third and fourth and cup winners from the top ten leagues, two each from the rest, group stage, knock-outs, finalists in to the following year's Champions League. Loads of matches, games that matter and tv money.
They've got some other fucking stupid competition in a year's time or something and fuck knows what it is but it looks shit. Hopefully, the fifth placed teams and the league cup winners will fuck off to this and stop devaluing the other competitions but you just know that five years up the line, we'll end up with some fishing village from Iceland having a team in the Champions League knock-outs because their team won the UEFA Shit teams league or whatever.