Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

wilson2.0

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by wilson2.0 »

There is a mentality that exits in our club where the idea is the club and fans owe time, chances and opportunity to the players and manager. It really should be the other way around. The manager and players need to be in debt to Arsenal. Arteta shouldn't be relaxed as he feels he is entitled to an infinite amount of time. He should be worried about keeping his job

augie

Post by augie »

I suspect our best hope of seeing a change in manager is if things implode from within, and I suspect that there will be a few in the squad unhappy with some of the comments from holding in this interview

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nners-15th

The part that might sting is where he complains about the team not taking their chances, and I suspect that the strikers might have an issue with that and ask what chances are the team making. If the squad start fighting amongst themselves it would suggest that (a) last weeks team meeting/inquest either done no good, or done harm cos it allowed players to point finger at each other or (b) that their is growing dis-satisfaction amongst the players with what is going on, despite comments in the media from bellend.

As I said already, I dont care what forces change as long as we get it

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

When it came to finding a new manager after Emery, the club could have gone for someone tried and tested but instead went for the pet project and in the most Wengeresque way possible. They are now kicking the can down the road and refusing to accept reality. If we fuck Arteta off now, we can get in someone decent who can at least buy a few players in January and target the EL or we can ruin that by sacking him at the end of the season and wasting our time with the rest of this season.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:37 am
When it came to finding a new manager after Emery, the club could have gone for someone tried and tested but instead went for the pet project and in the most Wengeresque way possible. They are now kicking the can down the road and refusing to accept reality. If we fuck Arteta off now, we can get in someone decent who can at least buy a few players in January and target the EL or we can ruin that by sacking him at the end of the season and wasting our time with the rest of this season.

I dont care if we sign nobody in January - I want a manager to come in and identify the nowhere near good enough players (xhaka and willian for starters) and get them out of the squad straight away, and remove the likes of bellend from the team at same time. I want him to look at auba and build a strategy around him cos without his goals we are in serious trouble. I want him to light a fire under those that have been on easy/lazy street so far this season (auba included), and I want him to tell them (in convincing manner), that every single one of them is on trial for their futures at AFC.

Finally I want him to instill a bit of physicality into their mindsets - I keep hearing how we are working so much harder defensively under arteta ( :roll: ), but when have you ever seen a bone shaking tackle from one of our players that lets the opposition know early that we are not just gonna run around a lot, but we are actually gonna fight you for every minute of this game. I want to restore that rep where we intimidated teams before games even kicked off, and you dont have to have a team of big 6 foot players to do that - it isnt the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog 8)

Midz

Post by Midz »

Max Allegri please.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

As stated when Emery went we need an established experienced manager not a novice, we are way too big a club for a fucking learner

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Is warnock busy, him or dave Bassett are proven at getting teams promoted :?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Allegri was interviewed in November 2019 after Emery was sacked . Apparently he made demands that the board were not prepared to accept and he was deemed arrogant.
Although the chairs in our boardroom have changed the man that signs the cheques hasn't .

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

On paper we have strengthen recently with Tierney, Gabriel and Partey looking significant upgrades for the first 11.
However the style of play is as bad as it was under the latter days of Wenker, or Emery.

The playing out from the back
The pass, pass, pass, pass philosophy has to stop.

We can’t expect players to do what they are not capable of doing - for some tying their bootlaces is quite a task

OneBardGooner

Captain SCARLET Versus The Mystic Gooners! (inc Sid)

Post by OneBardGooner »

What MONTH do you reckon El Beige/ captain Scarlet hair-do bonce will get the heave Ho!?

OneBardGooner

Re: Captain SCARLET Versus The Mystic Gooners! (inc Sid)

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tequila he say

April! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Aaaah!Ya Bunch of BOZZWUNKS!

Y'all giving it LARGE on Sunday calling for his head but when it comes to it

ooooH! Run Awaaaaay!

:box: :box: :box:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Midz wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:58 pm
Max Allegri please.
If we were to go and get Max Allegri FG would need to nick away to somewhere quiet for some..aherm..alone time :oops: :barscarf:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

He shall be judged in May 8)

John F

Post by John F »

Brilliant thread title :barscarf:Looking at the fixture list I have gone for January. I think he will resign rather than be sacked.