(Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by augie »

Fat sam with his tactics (kick them all day long) on a small pitch worries me tbh. He will get his defenders to hoof long balls down on to the heads of charlie austin et al and it will be a test for mari who so far has coped with anything he has faced, but it needs to be recognised that he has yet to face a fat sam "style of football" :roll:

Score first and we will not lose and might actually win - concede first and we might be in trouble. I fear that this is the day that we see arteta's "tactics" surface again and we will set up with 10 men behind the ball playing slow lazy football. Martinelli will be relegated to the bench on some bullsh*t excuse of trying to protect him after returning from long term injury :roll: Defending set pieces today will decide the game today imo

Actually the more I type the more pessimistic I am about tonight's game - tonight could be the game where arteta finally loses the players beyond repair IF he reverts back to slow defensive football and it doesnt work

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:52 am
Fat sam with his tactics (kick them all day long) on a small pitch worries me tbh. He will get his defenders to hoof long balls down on to the heads of charlie austin et al and it will be a test for mari who so far has coped with anything he has faced, but it needs to be recognised that he has yet to face a fat sam "style of football" :roll:

Score first and we will not lose and might actually win - concede first and we might be in trouble. I fear that this is the day that we see arteta's "tactics" surface again and we will set up with 10 men behind the ball playing slow lazy football. Martinelli will be relegated to the bench on some bullsh*t excuse of trying to protect him after returning from long term injury :roll: Defending set pieces today will decide the game today imo

Actually the more I type the more pessimistic I am about tonight's game - tonight could be the game where arteta finally loses the players beyond repair IF he reverts back to slow defensive football and it doesnt work
Well Arteta has played and managed in this country for a decade now, and has already said he knows all about Fat Sam, so unlike a manager who might be cutting their teeth here for the first team there can be no element of surprise or shock, when all the big men come up for corners and free kicks and the centre halves will certainly have their work cut out. For years I've said that there is a place in the squad for big nasty c.unt for occasions like this and its something that is frowned upon over here but yet in South America and Italy, a tough grizzly man marking bastard at the back is a given. Its all very well having nice ball playing centre halves when the Eddie Howe, Roberto Martinez type teams roll into town with their pretty passing but Wenger got caught out for years by the likes of Pulis and Fat Sam by not addressing the deficiency in the squad. I don't think we have a centre half like that now - Sokratis is probably closest to it but somehow deemed to be the 10th best centre half that we have. Lets see

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

1st corner against us watch Bellerin marking the tallest guy on the pitch and then every corner after that, as a few others said if we get 1st goal then think we have a chance of winning this game, if they score 1st forget about it

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:20 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:39 pm
Interesting fact for you guys:- West Bromwich used to have the biggest Tesco store in Europe.
Very interesting....

The Hawthorns is the highest English ground above sea level at 551 ft !
Amazing :shock:

West Bromwich is a truly fascinating place.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

3-1 win for us

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If we lose to these c.unts then the sight of that fat, corrupt, disgraced prick lording it up with the media sucking him off will be too much to bear

Don't care how we do it or by what score, but please beat these c.unts and in particular that massive c.unt

Of all the long ball merchants this tool fucks me off more than all the others. Sorry Baggies but I hope this wanker takes you down

Midz

Post by Midz »

Image Image

Can you tell which one is actually Fat Sam?

I know it's difficult.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:35 pm
If we lose to these c.unts then the sight of that fat, corrupt, disgraced prick lording it up with the media sucking him off will be too much to bear

Don't care how we do it or by what score, but please beat these c.unts and in particular that massive c.unt

Of all the long ball merchants this tool fucks me off more than all the others. Sorry Baggies but I hope this wanker takes you down
I have a bad feeling about this one, I fucking hate that fat disgusting fucking mess of an excuse for a human being
It's arguably our biggest game this season thus far, a win might signal that things actually are taking a turn for the better, a poor result will simply confirm we're fucked

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

That feeling is with us for the rest of the season . We need to keep creeping forward but it would be silly not to realise that we will also slip up too .

Sam's team from the land of the giants will put Leno under the sort of pressure that he doesn't like and i am afraid that we will keep giving away corners and free kicks to enable them to crowd him at every opportunity.

i think they are led by Ajayi at 6 foot 4 , have acouple at 6 foot 2 and four others at 6 foot . Plenty of targets for Saka , Bellerin and tierney to mark.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:35 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:35 pm

I have a bad feeling about this one, I fucking hate that fat disgusting fucking mess of an excuse for a human being
It's arguably our biggest game this season thus far, a win might signal that things actually are taking a turn for the better, a poor result will simply confirm we're fucked
I thought you might have a soft spot for him after he fucked the English FA over, Sid :wink:

Yeah, i don't feel too confident either. That prick will have them with studs polished and elbows at the ready to give some of our little rag dolls a torrid time. I'll be watching Ballerina with particular interest because the bloke is an absolute Grade A bottlejob - the sort of turd that used to turn up with a pair of yellow boots and a pony tail on Sunday morning and who you'd take great pleasure in kicking all over the park. If you look at the physical size of the likes of Holding, Mari, the Swiss Mong and Elneny, plus others like Lacazette, there should be enough muscle out there......but as they say, its not the size of the dog in the fight.... I always remember Kevin Davies and Jason Roberts knocking around our pricks like Mertesacker, Koscielny and other lightweight fairies over the years, even though though they were shorter than them

Given the start we had I'm afraid we're only ever a week away from the latest crisis. It would take a run the likes of what the plastic Mancs have been on to convince me that any sort of corner had been properly turned.

Lets hope we leave this ball of blubber crying into his lard.....

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:28 pm
That feeling is with us for the rest of the season . We need to keep creeping forward but it would be silly not to realise that we will also slip up too .

Sam's team from the land of the giants will put Leno under the sort of pressure that he doesn't like and i am afraid that we will keep giving away corners and free kicks to enable them to crowd him at every opportunity.

i think they are led by Ajayi at 6 foot 4 , have acouple at 6 foot 2 and four others at 6 foot . Plenty of targets for Saka , Bellerin and tierney to mark.
Spot on with Leno, though I do still think he can be a match winner, Martinez, for me was the best keeper at set pieces and corners, i've seen for a long time, albeit for a short time in empty stadia.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Snowing at the Hawthorns now, will our prima donnas be up for it

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I don't want to see any of the old bullshit about these youngsters being tired and needing a rest. Keep Willian and chums out of the side please

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 pm
Image Image

Can you tell which one is actually Fat Sam?

I know it's difficult.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHHH MY FECKIN' EYES! YA TWONK - I'LL HAVE TO BURN OUT MY RETINA'S WITH BLEACH.....

:D :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:51 pm
I don't want to see any of the old bullshit about these youngsters being tired and needing a rest. Keep Willian and chums out of the side please
Damn straight! :high5:

And clubfoot can fuckOFF as well