CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

Post by Redarmy »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:19 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:01 pm
Something is puzzling me about the situation in Ukraine. Ever since WWII, war correspondents have reported from the front lines, there’s always been footage of fighting and battles. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghan’ etc etc, always footage.
All I’ve seen from Ukraine are shelling, bombing and missile strikes, not once have I seen a Ukrainian soldier taking a shot? No tanks defending a crossroads, no aircraft hitting anything? Very strange!
That means that the State will own the talking points. I have to admit that I don't like it either. Any BS can and will be aired, but with the legacy mainstream has it been any different?
Indeed good points....not sure too much is verified before putting it out as live...

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:30 pm
begeegs wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Something is puzzling me about the situation in Ukraine. Ever since WWII, war correspondents have reported from the front lines, there’s always been footage of fighting and battles. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghan’ etc etc, always footage.
All I’ve seen from Ukraine are shelling, bombing and missile strikes, not once have I seen a Ukrainian soldier taking a shot? No tanks defending a crossroads, no aircraft hitting anything? Very strange!
That means that the State will own the talking points. I have to admit that I don't like it either. Any BS can and will be aired, but with the legacy mainstream has it been any different?
Indeed good points....not sure too much is verified before putting it out as live...
Another case is with Coronavirus and the origins making the front pages of legacy media worldwide before any studies were peer reviewed. For this to be reported on without censorship from the Trusted News Initiative (https://www.bbc.com/beyondfakenews/trus ... nitiative/) for misinformation suggests a clear agenda and just creates more distrust in the media.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
begeegs wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Mainstream news won't show the gruesome stuff. This website does....

https://funker530.com/video/nsfw-ukrain ... er-ambush/

I should point out that website is often NSFW. It contains police body cam footage of shootings and a lot of uncensored combat footage from Iaq, Syria, Afghanistan and Ukraine.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:50 pm
Redarmy wrote:
begeegs wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Mainstream news won't show the gruesome stuff. This website does....

https://funker530.com/video/nsfw-ukrain ... er-ambush/

I should point out that website is often NSFW. It contains police body cam footage of shootings and a lot of uncensored combat footage from Iaq, Syria, Afghanistan and Ukraine.
Cheers for that.

shu

Post by shu »

Teecee , I said that a day or two ago too , rather strange .

Gunner Rob , now that really is a conspiracy theory , are you sure you aren’t spursey Rob :D

the playing mantis

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by the playing mantis »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:26 pm
shu wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:52 pm
Gunner Rob , how is your anxiety with the Ukraine situation ? Covid is so 2020/1 and wtf was brexit :D
There is a clear link between Brexit and the Ukraine crisis.

The Russians have been significant donors to the Conservative party which is why Johnson has been so soft on the Oligarchs.
Also it is becoming obvious that without Russian influence Brexit would not have happened. There was a massive online campaign to brainwash the U.K. public into voting for Brexit and so to therefore destabilise the U.K. and the EU.

It was also a distraction - instead of cutting ourselves off from the EU we should have been getting closer and making NATO stronger and focusing on the real issue - the dictator Putin.

It is no accident that he has decided to invade Ukraine now with Johnson at his weakest and the EU diminished. We like the rest of Europe have been completely played by him.
i thought you had been getting better with your more sensible football posting but the above is just moronic on so many levels. Sorry Moronic!

one point how would staying in the EU make Nato stronger?
The same EU where France are one of the 2 key members who say fuck Nato? The same EU who mostly don't spend the proportion of GDP they are meant to on defense as per Nato stipulations? Facking hell Rob, is Brexit to blame for you having a small cock too?! (dont ask how i know, well actually DB10 told me ;) )

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
shu wrote:
Gunner Rob , how is your anxiety with the Ukraine situation ? Covid is so 2020/1 and wtf was brexit :D

The Russians have been significant donors to the Conservative party which is why Johnson has been so soft on the Oligarchs.
Also it is becoming obvious that without Russian influence Brexit would not have happened. There was a massive online campaign to brainwash the U.K. public into voting for Brexit and so to therefore destabilise the U.K. and the EU.

It was also a distraction - instead of cutting ourselves off from the EU we should have been getting closer and making NATO stronger and focusing on the real issue - the dictator Putin.

It is no accident that he has decided to invade Ukraine now with Johnson at his weakest and the EU diminished. We like the rest of Europe have been completely played by him.
Why is the EU at its weakest? Because UK isn't in it. Didn't think we were that important to them. Nothing to do with Germany being so reliant on Russian oil. Or, the fact the USA is at its weakest with a sadly dementia president. Don't think Putin would've done this if Trump was president as he's a bigger narcissist than Putin and very unpredictable.
Russia has been invading British airspace daily for months. Putin doesn't see UK as a force to be scared of. Sadly, this has nothing to do with Brexit, it's Putin misjudged ego.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:29 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
shu wrote:

i thought you had been getting better with your more sensible football posting but the above is just moronic on so many levels. Sorry Moronic!

one point how would staying in the EU make Nato stronger?
The same EU where France are one of the 2 key members who say fuck Nato? The same EU who mostly don't spend the proportion of GDP they are meant to on defense as per Nato stipulations? Facking hell Rob, is Brexit to blame for you having a small cock too?! (dont ask how i know, well actually DB10 told me ;) )
fair enough if you don't agree but by dismissing it completely you just come across like a Russian who doesnt believe there is a war going on in Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_i ... referendum

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 24817.html

augie

Post by augie »

I havent read back through the previous pages of this thread and dont know the sentiments of the other posters on here, but personally I am absolutely disgusted at the lack of action from "the west". I read bullshit comments from country leaders about standing with ukraine, and now they seem to be patting themselves on the back and talking about taking in ukranian refugees, but as one ukranian woman who landed in dublin said, "I dont want to be a refugee, I want to live in my own country". I dont understand how we can all send our armies to different parts of the world on peace keeping duties (lebanon being prime example), but yet we wont send them into ukraine to help them - it cant be portrayed as an act of war if they dont attack russia and only help protect innocent people leaving in ukraine.

Fact is that these western countries are cowardly c.unts, and there is a part of me that hopes that when (not if) that mad russian c.unt gets ukraine, he then moves forward to try and regain the other former soviet union countries - we'll see then how much harder it will be to stop a man and country who are only getting bigger and more powerful as the west stands by watching

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

We need to stay out of this war...

The people who were shit scared of COVID are now calling for action that could lead to nuclear war. What a farce.

Haven't we learnt anything from Iraq/Afghan wars

Humanitarian help absolutely... Direct involvement or supplying weapon no way

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:23 am
I havent read back through the previous pages of this thread and dont know the sentiments of the other posters on here, but personally I am absolutely disgusted at the lack of action from "the west". I read bullshit comments from country leaders about standing with ukraine, and now they seem to be patting themselves on the back and talking about taking in ukranian refugees, but as one ukranian woman who landed in dublin said, "I dont want to be a refugee, I want to live in my own country". I dont understand how we can all send our armies to different parts of the world on peace keeping duties (lebanon being prime example), but yet we wont send them into ukraine to help them - it cant be portrayed as an act of war if they dont attack russia and only help protect innocent people leaving in ukraine.

Fact is that these western countries are cowardly c.unts, and there is a part of me that hopes that when (not if) that mad russian c.unt gets ukraine, he then moves forward to try and regain the other former soviet union countries - we'll see then how much harder it will be to stop a man and country who are only getting bigger and more powerful as the west stands by watching

Very surprised that you didn't blame Arteta for the war :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:32 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:23 am

Very surprised that you didn't blame Arteta for the war :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:29 pm

The people who were shit scared of COVID are now calling for action that could lead to nuclear war. What a farce.

Putin is a dictator who in all likelihood wont stop with Ukraine - at what stage do you say enough, or are you in favour of allowing him to plunder his way through europe as he pleases ? If we are bringing up previous wars, why not talk about hitler who wasnt satisfied with killing jews and decided he wanted to conquer all of europe. It is shameful watching these supposedly big powerful countries stand back whilst innocent people are getting massacred :oops: :oops: What good is supplying humanitarian aid ? In a few weeks (maybe months) ukraine as a country will be no more, and most of their population will either be dead, homeless, in russian prisons, or exiled to other parts of the world (obviously not the uk though as ye are only accepting 50 of them in :roll: ), so who are you sending aid to then ? These bigger countries should at the very least be supplying weapons to Ukraine, but preferably send in proper soldiers of their own to help.

Btw I wasnt one running scared of covid, and argued for a long long time that the world should be opened up and learn to deal with it

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:23 pm
flash gunner wrote:

Putin is a dictator who in all likelihood wont stop with Ukraine - at what stage do you say enough, or are you in favour of allowing him to plunder his way through europe as he pleases ? If we are bringing up previous wars, why not talk about hitler who wasnt satisfied with killing jews and decided he wanted to conquer all of europe. It is shameful watching these supposedly big powerful countries stand back whilst innocent people are getting massacred :oops: :oops: What good is supplying humanitarian aid ? In a few weeks (maybe months) ukraine as a country will be no more, and most of their population will either be dead, homeless, in russian prisons, or exiled to other parts of the world (obviously not the uk though as ye are only accepting 50 of them in :roll: ), so who are you sending aid to then ? These bigger countries should at the very least be supplying weapons to Ukraine, but preferably send in proper soldiers of their own to help.

Btw I wasnt one running scared of covid, and argued for a long long time that the world should be opened up and learn to deal with it
The west in recent years has not dealt with Putin well enough because the leaders have been so poor .

You currently have a clown as UK PM, and a senile American president who followed on from the stupidest president in US history.
Result has been Putin getting more and more confident, and I’m afraid that it is now too late for Ukraine.

However if Putin puts one step outside of Ukraine into NATO countries then yes of course we retaliate and go in hard.
Trouble is at that point you have WW3 and Putin likely to use nuclear bombs against us - oh and he will fire first - unless you think we should have a go at nuking Moscow ?

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:11 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:23 pm
flash gunner wrote:

The west in recent years has not dealt with Putin well enough because the leaders have been so poor .

You currently have a clown as UK PM, and a senile American president who followed on from the stupidest president in US history.
Result has been Putin getting more and more confident, and I’m afraid that it is now too late for Ukraine.

However if Putin puts one step outside of Ukraine into NATO countries then yes of course we retaliate and go in hard.
Trouble is at that point you have WW3 and Putin likely to use nuclear bombs against us - oh and he will fire first - unless you think we should have a go at nuking Moscow ?

I'm saying that if Ukraine requested our help, and if soldiers from "the west" never went outside Ukraine borders, then it can in no way be portrayed as an attack on russia - it is defending a country within its own borders only