ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by falkirk goon »

There's an article in the Scotsman today about Tierney and basically saying that he's Scotland and Arsenal's MVP.I can't find the link for it but it's an interesting read.It also mentions Citeh are keeping tabs on him..this wouldn't surprise me.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:40 am
There's an article in the Scotsman today about Tierney and basically saying that he's Scotland and Arsenal's MVP.I can't find the link for it but it's an interesting read.It also mentions Citeh AND St. John's Ambulance are keeping tabs on him..this wouldn't surprise me.

Slight but necessary amendment there FG! :wink: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 pm
🚨 || Arsenal are planning a £70m spending spree this coming week with deals for Gabriel Jesus and Lisandro Martínez [Via - Simon Jones: @MailSport].
Lisandro Martinez would be a very positive signing.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:11 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:40 am
There's an article in the Scotsman today about Tierney and basically saying that he's Scotland and Arsenal's MVP.I can't find the link for it but it's an interesting read.It also mentions Citeh AND St. John's Ambulance are keeping tabs on him..this wouldn't surprise me.

Slight but necessary amendment there FG! :wink: :D
:lol: It did say 25 top level performances is better than 50 average ones.Its a pity he's injured so often,I bet if he went to a club with a manager who knew what he was doing he would play far more.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Also as he is one of the best players in the Scottish national team they will always overplay him and of course we reap the damages. :?

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:53 am
NickF98 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:27 pm
Arteta on Nketiah:

"I'm delighted Eddie is staying with us. He represents what we are all about"

Sadly, quite true..
:rubchin: :oops:
:banghead: :banghead:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:27 pm
Also as he is one of the best players in the Scottish national team they will always overplay him and of course we reap the damages. :?
Our national boss up here is an ex chav ringpiece,if Tierney was at that filth he would probably play half the games he does for Scotland.

augie

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:35 am
Good logical move by the club.
Sign him on and if he doesn't work out sell him for a fee or let him go for nothing ?

A new contract doesn't make him our number 1 striker any more than splurging a fortune on an established forward from another European league guarantees anything.

We need a squad and he is a member of it . If he turns out to be a useful 20 minute player so be it . We are not in a position to buy our way to success we just have to keep shuffling the pack.

So you think that paying a "useful" 20 minute player 100k per week for next 5 years is good value ?? :shock:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

No I think that when we sell him we get money as opposed to letting him go and we get nothing. It’s called the bigger picture.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:26 pm
No I think that when we sell him we get money as opposed to letting him go and we get nothing. It’s called the bigger picture.
Where’s he going to go? :lol: He’s on 100k p/w and he’s never scored more than 5 League goals in a season. It doesn’t matter to him what he does now, the boy is on 100k p/w :lol:.

Not only will he not accept less, who’d buy him? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Exactly, we've been here recently with Auba, paid him so much, the only way to get rid was let him go on a free to save money! The same with Xhaka. If Eddie continues to be a 5 goal a season man, no one is going to pay much for him! :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Puts him on a par with Danny Ings who scored 7 in 29 games. It’s the going rate .

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I think one thing is for sure they are not attempting to put a title challenging team together :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

But I thought that was all part of this mysterious Process he and all the plastic fans keep going on about!? :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Sports:

"Tottenham are hoping to pip north London rivals Arsenal in the race for Manchester City's 25-year-old Brazil striker Gabriel Jesus with the offer of Champions League football. "

If - IF this were to happen and Jesus did opt for the swamp dwellers, it would carry HUGE implications and be a Big Neon Warning Sign to even the plastic fans that the scum are pulling ahead of us.