ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:37 am
🚨 EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal working on deal to sign Oleksandr Zinchenko from Man City. Clubs in talks, #MCFC open to sale if valuation met. #AFC would also need to agree personal terms. Versatile 25yo now priority for Arteta after missing Martinez @TheAthleticUK
Looks like we have gone from buying Chelsea rejects to ManC players surplus to requirements.

Says everything about our ambition, a player not wanted/needed by the Champions is now a target for us :banghead:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I wouldn't mind Zinchenko, he is a decent and reliable player, changed the game when he came on against Villa and have been impressive playing for Ukraine. I certainly would take him over the other Ukrainian bloke we were being linked with. I wonder why he would want to join us though. I don't think he replaces KT in the first 11 or starts in midfield so why would he trade the City bench with our's.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

I think there is a big difference from picking up Chelsea pensioners and signing good/very good Man City players.

augie

Post by augie »

Zinchenko is dogshit. I would re-sign cech or willian and play them left full before I would sign this useless c.unt. I cannot believe that anyone who watches any decent amount of football would rate him

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:52 pm
Zinchenko is dogshit. I would re-sign cech or willian and play them left full before I would sign this useless c.unt. I cannot believe that anyone who watches any decent amount of football would rate him
This 201%

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal wanted both Raphinha & Lisandro Martinez, but felt Leeds & Ajax were using their interest to drive an auction & were adamant not to become embroiled in a bidding war or were never going to pay over the odds. [@RyanTaylorSport] #afc

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:25 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:22 am
augie wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:35 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:47 am
shu wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:04 am
Retro , i agree with your view on Martinez and i think we made a mistake there but i think Ramsdale is a top keeper and he will continue to learn. He certainly saved us a lot early on the season , maybe he just got a bit confident , that's youth for you mate. :D

Bloody youth!! :lol:

Well Shu, I hope you're right, but the bloke was making me a nervous wreck towards the end of the season. Far too erratic. Coming, stopping, caught in no man's land, flapping at crosses, pushes shots straight back out, screaming, shouting and waving his arms like a lunatic. He was all over the gaff at times.

I fear that he's one of those keepers that all too often will have a cracking game, followed by a horror show. Calm consistency is what you need between the sticks and I think he might be the polar opposite.

I keep saying on here regarding many things, that I hope I'm wrong and I honestly do, but.... :( .

We'll see.

All very valid points EXCEPT have you looked at some of the goals martinez conceded last season for villa ? For me martinez was the definition of the type of keeper you refer to - with us for years and then hit a golden spell which was not an accurate reflection on the mans ability at all, but we have been so shit in goals for over a decade that some fans have become blinded by that one hot streak in his career. I'm not a defender of pep's cone boy AT ALL, but I will continue to defend him on the reasons for sale of martinez - people slate him for preferring leno, but I honestly believe he favoured neither but was willing to sell whichever one of them the first offer came in for
Agreed and would also argue that hot streak may not have come if he was playing in front of fans.

Hasn't he been playing in front of fans at Villa then?? Despite what Augie says, he had a very good season there.
He started off ok but looked very shaky second half , a bit like Ramsdale.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:52 pm
He looked good in midfield rather than left back , hed be coming as a Midfielder first and back up lb i understand . If thats the case hes still better than Clive .

Kyle Walker on the most technically gifted player at Man City: “Not in any order, my top three are Zinchenko, Mahrez & Silva. Two touches, head tennis, so good. You’re leaving De Bruyne out, Foden, Cancelo, but they don’t come close to those three.” [@MichaelTimbs YouTube] #afc https://t.co/oeAvQEZamh

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:52 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
augie wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:47 am

Bloody youth!! :lol:

Well Shu, I hope you're right, but the bloke was making me a nervous wreck towards the end of the season. Far too erratic. Coming, stopping, caught in no man's land, flapping at crosses, pushes shots straight back out, screaming, shouting and waving his arms like a lunatic. He was all over the gaff at times.

I fear that he's one of those keepers that all too often will have a cracking game, followed by a horror show. Calm consistency is what you need between the sticks and I think he might be the polar opposite.

I keep saying on here regarding many things, that I hope I'm wrong and I honestly do, but.... :( .

We'll see.

All very valid points EXCEPT have you looked at some of the goals martinez conceded last season for villa ? For me martinez was the definition of the type of keeper you refer to - with us for years and then hit a golden spell which was not an accurate reflection on the mans ability at all, but we have been so shit in goals for over a decade that some fans have become blinded by that one hot streak in his career. I'm not a defender of pep's cone boy AT ALL, but I will continue to defend him on the reasons for sale of martinez - people slate him for preferring leno, but I honestly believe he favoured neither but was willing to sell whichever one of them the first offer came in for
Agreed and would also argue that hot streak may not have come if he was playing in front of fans.

Hasn't he been playing in front of fans at Villa then?? Despite what Augie says, he had a very good season there.

And yet the Villa supporters, who watch him week in, week out and not just 5 mins on MOTD, voted him their player of the season. You, Augie and I can have our different opinions, but I suspect the Villa fans are far more informed and that we should probably listen to their opinion.

Midz

Post by Midz »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:57 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
🚨 EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal working on deal to sign Oleksandr Zinchenko from Man City. Clubs in talks, #MCFC open to sale if valuation met. #AFC would also need to agree personal terms. Versatile 25yo now priority for Arteta after missing Martinez @TheAthleticUK
Looks like we have gone from buying Chelsea rejects to ManC players surplus to requirements.

Says everything about our ambition, a player not wanted/needed by the Champions is now a target for us :banghead:
I think the City rejects are a slight upgrade over the Chelsea ones.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:27 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:15 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:40 pm
🚨 || Arsenal & Lyon are in negotiations for Lucas Paqueta. Lyon requesting €60m (£50m). The player wants to make a leap in his career both financially & sporting wise [Via - @Gabe_Carneiro].

Hmmm, won't be coming to us then.
Yep, he will be. He'll be on about half a million a year in Lyon. We'll offer him a five year deal on the same wages each month.

We have to get shot of Pepe first before buying more French deadwood!! j

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:27 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

My point being, if he is surplus to the requirements at the Champions who would look to retain the title next season they may think he is not good enough to do so, therefore if we are supposedly ambitious and want to challenge the top 2 teams why would we buy someone not wanted by them, as with Jesus, for me this reeks of buying to be also rans not to be challenging, trust the process, 4th is good enough? :rubchin:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:04 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:27 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

My point being, if he is surplus to the requirements at the Champions who would look to retain the title next season they may think he is not good enough to do so, therefore if we are supposedly ambitious and want to challenge the top 2 teams why would we buy someone not wanted by them, as with Jesus, for me this reeks of buying to be also rans not to be challenging, trust the process, 4th is good enough? :rubchin:
Players need fresh starts sometimes , on that basis would you say Sterling wont be good enough for Chelsea to challenge the top 2 either?

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:03 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:52 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
augie wrote:

And yet the Villa supporters, who watch him week in, week out and not just 5 mins on MOTD, voted him their player of the season. You, Augie and I can have our different opinions, but I suspect the Villa fans are far more informed and that we should probably listen to their opinion.
Ramsdale has also won two players of the season , we have the best keeper out the three imo.
It might also say a lot about the rest of their players.

shu

Post by shu »

So negative , it’s like some of you want Ramsdale to fail ! Ffs