ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Excl: Southampton are closing in on Ainsley Maitland-Niles deal. It’s set to be completed on loan with buy option as Arsenal contract will be extended. 🚨⚪️🔴 #SaintsFC

Talks ongoing on player side, then medical soon to get the deal done.

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:08 pm
Excl: Southampton are closing in on Ainsley Maitland-Niles deal. It’s set to be completed on loan with buy option as Arsenal contract will be extended. 🚨⚪️🔴 #SaintsFC

Talks ongoing on player side, then medical soon to get the deal done.
Why not make the fuckers buy him now rather than let them see how shite he is over the course of a season and then send him back so we're stuck with him again.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Arsenal submit £20m bid to sign Palmeiras midfielder Danilo

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/31/arsenal- ... -17275740/

I'd like to see this one come off.

You gotta laugh at our £20m bid when he has an £86,2m release clause.
Good old Arsenal. :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

ARSENAL have reportedly agreed personal terms with Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhaylo Mudryk. todays Sun

thank fuck.... another winger

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Charles Watts - "Still time for Arsenal to do something. Arteta has made it clear he wants to & they are active, but two big outlays in successive summer windows without significant sales means money is tight. A CM would be welcome, although everyone seems to be forgetting Vieira (£30m signing)".

If true, signing someone on the cheap at best. Have we been linked with Kalou or Draxler yet :lol:

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:17 pm
ARSENAL have reportedly agreed personal terms with Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhaylo Mudryk. todays Sun

thank fuck.... another winger
Are you sure that's not Arsenal Kyiv who he was on loan with?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

FFS we all know we will be left short again .

Same old story a couple of.ayers away from a decent squad, as ever with wenger .why are we not signing a CM.

All of us on here knew this would happen at some point, we make some encouraging signings but always fall short in making sure we are properly covered.

I can live without a striker I suppose now although it's a big gamble but CM is now absolutely crucial yet we look to be leaving ourselves short as ever. When will this club learn.

Sambi stinking the place out again tonight.

So fucking frustrating...they dangle hope and then don't follow through.

If this danilio is so good and only 25m just pay it. Its peanuts.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Given that Edu and Arteta were both midfield players with a bit about them, I’m baffled that they think our options were sufficient prior to the injuries to Partey and Elneny :rubchin:

We need someone who is either a physical presence or a player who can press all game long and get about the opposition.

All the have to do afterwards is give the ball to one of the creative players, keep it simple, keep, possession.

The Brazilian guy has been likened to Gilberto, in that he quietly does the defensive work but makes late runs into the box to pop up with goals too.

NB I’ve never knowingly seen him play, so have no idea.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:48 am
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:41 am
He played in that position for both Leeds and Brighton. By all accounts was competent enough. Certainly has the defensive and passing capability for the role. From what I've seen of him at RB, he's probably more comfortable in the central DM role than RB if CB is taken by Saliba and Gabriel. Petit was signed as CB and moved into midfield and White has a similar style of play so could work.b
Hmm long time ago but that’s not how I remember it mate.

I thought Wenger signed Petit to play in midfield, not defence? In fact, I have a strangely vivid memory of playing cricket as a teenager and listening on radio 5 live where Petit was making his debut (in midfield) vs. Leeds on a nice warm summer afternoon :rubchin: :lol:
Wenger did buy him to play in midfield but he was CB before being moved into midfield by Wenger at Arsenal, in France he played CB.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:18 pm

Same old story a couple of.ayers away from a decent squad, as ever with wenger .why are we not signing a CM.

All of us on here knew this would happen at some point, we make some encouraging signings but always fall short in making sure we are properly covered.

I can live without a striker I suppose now although it's a big gamble but CM is now absolutely crucial yet we look to be leaving ourselves short as ever. When will this club learn.

A bit harsh! Thought he was solid!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It was Odegaard that was giving the ball away , he had a mare . Lokonga covered up for him as did Xhaka.
After the lord mayors show comes the dustcart.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:19 pm

i posted this pre game in anticpation!!! glad he did well! but still cannot rely on him

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:02 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:19 pm

i posted this pre game in anticpation!!! glad he did well! but still cannot rely on him
Jesus we really write players off early these days , gi e the kud a chance, he was excellent first half , second season with more games hopefully he'll grow.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal are making a late move to sign Aston Villa midfielder Douglas Luiz. The club are preparing a bid up to £25m. [@JackRosser_] #afc

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:11 pm
g88ner wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:48 am
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:41 am
He played in that position for both Leeds and Brighton. By all accounts was competent enough. Certainly has the defensive and passing capability for the role. From what I've seen of him at RB, he's probably more comfortable in the central DM role than RB if CB is taken by Saliba and Gabriel. Petit was signed as CB and moved into midfield and White has a similar style of play so could work.b
Hmm long time ago but that’s not how I remember it mate.

I thought Wenger signed Petit to play in midfield, not defence? In fact, I have a strangely vivid memory of playing cricket as a teenager and listening on radio 5 live where Petit was making his debut (in midfield) vs. Leeds on a nice warm summer afternoon :rubchin: :lol:
Wenger did buy him to play in midfield but he was CB before being moved into midfield by Wenger at Arsenal, in France he played CB.
Ah gotcha. Yeah, I think Petit was a centre back at Monaco :)