Brentford bulbeyes H Sat 11th Feb KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Brentford bulbeyes H Sat 11th Feb KO 3pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Google Lee Mason VAR errors. His charge sheet makes Charles Bronson look like Mother Teresa.

The fact that he keeps coming back from grievous errors is worrying from an integrity point of view. He had to retire from reffing but is still allowed to control VAR. Something not right about this. If you make this many serious mistakes how are you still in a job??

We know why don’t we.
Last edited by BobbyPires7 on Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Would be an interesting case but would need a lot of cash . If you reversed it and the bookies got together over the money they must lose on wrong decisions , they would have the finance to fund it .

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Match officials confirmed list for Arsenal vs Brentford

Referee: Peter Bankes.

Assistants: Eddie Smart, Nick Greenhalgh.

Fourth official: Simon Hooper.

VAR: Lee Mason.

Assistant VAR: Adrian Holmes

They both “forgot” :coffeespit:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:06 am

Adrian Holmes is a linesman who has officiated in the Prem. This gets worse doesn’t it? A lino that didn’t check an offside call. Something seriously not right about this. I’d be employing barristers if I were the Club.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:11 am
rodders999 wrote:

Adrian Holmes is a linesman who has officiated in the Prem. This gets worse doesn’t it? A lino that didn’t check an offside call. Something seriously not right about this. I’d be employing barristers if I were the Club.
The club need to make sure that this doesn't just get covered up and drift away. This needs to stay in the news agenda all week and especially ahead of Wednesday night. If I was Arteta, I'd be on the phone to the Chief Executive this morning and ask him to get the solicitors to be preparing a statement demanding an investigation into this. Surely there's video footage of the VAR box and audio available, I'd ask for this to be released.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:20 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:11 am
rodders999 wrote:

The club need to make sure that this doesn't just get covered up and drift away. This needs to stay in the news agenda all week and especially ahead of Wednesday night. If I was Arteta, I'd be on the phone to the Chief Executive this morning and ask him to get the solicitors to be preparing a statement demanding an investigation into this. Surely there's video footage of the VAR box and audio available, I'd ask for this to be released.
I would also be asking why a serial failure is being reemployed each time. Lee Mason’s list of clangers is a shocking read. What is the motive for continuing to employ him? There is something seriously wrong here. Something is up. I can just tell.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

What a load of bollocks some of you post. We should have been at least 3 down at half time. So to come out with a point isn't too bad. They parked the 'Bus' & we fucked around without much idea of how to break it down - just like the Everton game. If a team have eight men in the box try shooting from outside instead of trying to weave through to score. City will come at us so things will be different. :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So just because we were undeservedly ahead it makes it fair game to be screwed out of it by the officials to even things up?

You’re absolutely right, there is a load of bollocks being posted in this thread :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:31 am
What a load of bollocks some of you post. We should have been at least 3 down at half time. So to come out with a point isn't too bad. They parked the 'Bus' & we fucked around without much idea of how to break it down - just like the Everton game. If a team have eight men in the box try shooting from outside instead of trying to weave through to score. City will come at us so things will be different. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I’ve been aware of your general posting style for a while. You’re a c unt. That ok for you? Doubt you’ve even seen the game. We were poor first half but actually second half it was one way traffic until that fraud. They then parked the bus and pulled all sorts of stunts to kill the game. Tosser.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Lee mason was the senior man , Holmes probably knew that going against him would count against his moving up in the ladder of incompetence.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

The other bullshit narrative being peddled out is that Mason spent 3 minutes checking the original Pinnock header (either for offside or a foul on Gabriel, take your pick cos both are being offered up :lol: ) that he felt pressure to make a decision.

How many times have we been told that the amount of time isn't considered an issue as long as the correct outcome is arrived at.

Brentford deserved something from that game without a doubt, they played equally well as we played poorly, but that isn't a factor in whether the offside not given is a factor and a relevant talking point.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Look subjective calls like pens even blatant ones or dives that VAR uphold or turn over are that.

The officials can try and explain away the above.

When a offside goal is checked by VAR, lines being drawn is the check they use to chalk it off or not to 'forget' to draw them that's pure BS.

Anyone else remember the Martinelli goal ruled out v Brighton at home last season, they looked at it for 3-4 mins at least and ruled it out based on nothing factual.

Goal line technology is the only system that no one seems to question and that's judged on millimeters, never heard a manager complain about that it's automatic like offside VAR calls SHOULD be!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:31 am
We were shit yesterday but still win the game if that cùnt Mason isn't involved with VAR. Brentford didn't take the chances they had so who gives a fuck.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:46 am
The other bullshit narrative being peddled out is that Mason spent 3 minutes checking the original Pinnock header (either for offside or a foul on Gabriel, take your pick cos both are being offered up :lol: ) that he felt pressure to make a decision.

How many times have we been told that the amount of time isn't considered an issue as long as the correct outcome is arrived at.

Brentford deserved something from that game without a doubt, they played equally well as we played poorly, but that isn't a factor in whether the offside not given is a factor and a relevant talking point.
Totally agree Clummo

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The latest evidence of the continual English sabotage of VAR - a system that works perfectly well in most countries and all other sports, still making the wrong headlines years later.

Are we really to believe that they "forgot" to make the necessary checks for yesterday's goal?

Keep going lads - deliberately fuck a few more up and we'll be back to the pig's bladder and shoelace age!