West Ham Mf A Sun 16th April KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: West Ham Mf A Sun 16th April KO 2pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:21 pm
The fucking arrogance of Partey to try and flick the ball up out of a challenge outside his penalty box when 2 nil up away from home with the team in a title challenge.

Bin that sick note fuck off in the summer, bottler who went missing in both games
this week
Absolutely. Take Odegaard, Gabriel and any other weak willed c.unt with him too

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:07 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:00 pm
Saka hid out on the touch line for the whole second half. It was Wenger levels of self harm to hand him the ball for the penalty, should have been Jesus who initially had the ball who took it.

Awful awful display, not a single player took ownership of that game once it started to go south. Partey when we needed him most in the last 2 game has tanked, really hope we bin him off in the summer.

Sad but most likely true Rodders.

Ohhhh! Great the Banter has started already on social media and all the usual pundits.... neville crowing like a C.U.N.T

:tickedoff:

:goingtobed:
We deserve all the shit coming our way on social media. We've had a chance to prove the doubters wrong, and instead we've proved them right. City will have the title won long before our lap of appreciation

John F

Post by John F »

When the top four was out of reach last season we went out and stuffed Everton when the pressure was off. I expect the same to happen this season. Once City has taken it out of our hands. we will go out and thrash whatever Teams we have left to play.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’m not as upset as a lot of you as I prepared myself for it. I knew it was coming. The fact that you are hurting shows you weren’t closely watching our games. This was coming. The signs were clear to see.

Gunner Rob

Re: West Ham Mf A Sun 16th April KO 2pbs

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bottlejobs FC - and Arteta can fuck off too

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I can understand the feeling on here tonight, but this team aren't gutless!, they have dug deep so many times this season!
What they are though ? Young and unaccustomed to being in this position!
That's why I'd have played Jorginho in our last two games!

Midz

Post by Midz »

I'm as disappointed as the rest of you. Very disappointed!

If we finish second which is very likely now it'll still have been a fantastic season although sad not to see it through having lead for so long.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Every time i heard the media say "This Arsenal team are different mentally" I rolled my eyes because I knew when the pressure really came on, we would crumble. The longer we persist with players who are are spineless then we are going nowhere as a club.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The players who let us down today were Partey and Saka. Partey has been a disgrace the last two games. Saka has not been at it the last couple either. To miss a penalty in that way though. To literally not even hit the target is inexcusable. To have the confidence to take it off of Jesus and destroy our title ambitions like that is unforgiveable. Once he missed it he hid. He did nothing to make up for it. That is the most worrying aspect.

wibble

Post by wibble »

So disappointing to be in control and throw it away like that.
I was speaking with my brother after the liverpool game and we were saying if we look back and the only points we’ve dropped are a draw at a field and loss at the etihad and that isn’t enough we still gave it our best shot. However if we start dropping points elsewhere it’ll feel like we’re handing city the title.
Sadly it looks like the latter

Still been an incredible effort this season but as we all expected, we just don’t have the strength in depth. Saliba and Zinchenko out makes it a very similar starting 11 that we’re only good enough for 5th last season.

We better beat Southampton next to at least keep up a pretence of challenging!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:35 pm
I’m not as upset as a lot of you as I prepared myself for it. I knew it was coming. The fact that you are hurting shows you weren’t closely watching our games. This was coming. The signs were clear to see.
Again, it is not the loss, it is the manner of the loss. Last week was acceptable, barely after being 2 up, but acceptable. This was not!! WH are an awful side and we made them look like they were top 6. It's an inexcusable loss. Especially after once again being 2-0 up.

Maybe we were never going to win it, but you are leading the PL.....put up a fight at least. To go there, go 2 up, then capitulate so tamely is inexplicable.

brucers

Post by brucers »

Sure today is a big disappointment and probably the end but some of the comments on here beggar belief. We always suspected the pressure would tell later on in the season. The squad has played so well for much of the season, to slate them to this extent is unfair. All players have dips and make mistakes. I will say, no player at that level should miss the target from a penalty. Let us hope the dip in form is over.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

wibble wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:59 pm
So disappointing to be in control and throw it away like that.
I was speaking with my brother after the liverpool game and we were saying if we look back and the only points we’ve dropped are a draw at a field and loss at the etihad and that isn’t enough we still gave it our best shot. However if we start dropping points elsewhere it’ll feel like we’re handing city the title.
Sadly it looks like the latter

Still been an incredible effort this season but as we all expected, we just don’t have the strength in depth. Saliba and Zinchenko out makes it a very similar starting 11 that we’re only good enough for 5th last season.

We better beat Southampton next to at least keep up a pretence of challenging!
We always seem to still have that in us, a red card, a penalty an og…from total control to nervous and not playing our normal game.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

So depressed lads , trying my best to think positive.

If we beat saints and they win their 2 in hand we are still 1 point clear which isn’t terrible.

It comes down to if the boys want to make history and have some big balls.

In theory if we at least draw with City and win the rest of our games we win the league.

God fuck knows what will happen.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

It’s gone. If we are crumbling 8 games out the writing is on the wall. We have gifted it to City too!