West Ham Mf A Sun 16th April KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: West Ham Mf A Sun 16th April KO 2pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Block93 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:43 pm
You know what I think?

There will be some serious bollock-kicking at London Colney from tomorrow, and starting with Southampton on Friday, the slightly arrogant 'belief in your own publicity' performances will be history, and a win on Friday will be followed up at City with a 100% focused approach, which could be season-defining.

Had Saka scored his pen, this thread would be totally different now. Arteta and his management team aren't paid tens of £millions for having a w**k when all is going well. It's paid for how they deal with setbacks when they occur.

Anyway, that's what I think.

Wrong. We will fold like a Fabio Vieira cameo.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:37 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:22 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:01 pm
Saka the common denominator in those two games. Scandalous to miss the target today. Short run up. What was he thinking???
England, I'll forgive him on the basis that a bunch of senior *word censored* went missing. Today however, he took the ball from Jesus and plays up to the whole "Starboy" shite.....so swim in the big boys lane sunshine

I can accept him missing a penalty cos that happens, but what is unacceptable is that last Sunday AND today he hid and didnt want the ball when we were under pressure - big players turn up in the big games and thats why they get the big money, but he goes awol too often imo
Apart from Jesus they all went AWOL when it mattered. The soft, yellow belly core of this team exposed for what it was today. I'd love to know how many times West Ham have come back from 2 goals down to get anything this season. Oh actually, let me check......what a surprise.....that was the one and only time!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:52 pm
Block93 wrote:
You know what I think?

There will be some serious bollock-kicking at London Colney from tomorrow, and starting with Southampton on Friday, the slightly arrogant 'belief in your own publicity' performances will be history, and a win on Friday will be followed up at City with a 100% focused approach, which could be season-defining.

Had Saka scored his pen, this thread would be totally different now. Arteta and his management team aren't paid tens of £millions for having a w**k when all is going well. It's paid for how they deal with setbacks when they occur.

Wrong. We will fold like a Fabio Vieira cameo.
On a list of pointless things he's up there with the soup fork, canoe handbrake and bottomless bucket. Lightweight little c***. We're going to give ESR away and keep this sorry sack of shit aren't we

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:22 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:01 pm
Saka the common denominator in those two games. Scandalous to miss the target today. Short run up. What was he thinking???
England, I'll forgive him on the basis that a bunch of senior *word censored* went missing. Today however, he took the ball from Jesus and plays up to the whole "Starboy" shite.....so swim in the big boys lane sunshine
He has been our penalty taker all season, but wasn’t on the pitch when Jesus scored his penalty the other week.

Odegaard took the ball and held it prior to Jesus taking it, which was exactly what happened today, Jesus took the ball, and any potential comments from West Ham attempting to put him off and passed the ball over to Saka to take the kick today.

Only difference, Jesus score his, Saka missed his :banghead:

I fully agree that the short run up was a poor decision ut should affect power, not placement.

I can remember Henry, Bergkamp, Wright all missing penalties for us… :banghead:
He won’t be the first he won’t be the last

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The more I think about it the more the result is on Arteta. Absolutely baffling subs. Literally mind boggling.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I never understood hiring a novice as a manager and as well as we've done this season, I still think we aren't winning anything with his level of inexperience. Having Xhaka and Holding still at the club is inexcusable but beyond that he has shown no ability in the last two games to change things when it was going wrong. Saka looked wrecked today and looked similar in the run in for top 4 last season but of course he was kept on for 90 minutes. Even Carragher pointed out on Sky that our plan A wasn't working but we persisted with it against all logic, really reminiscent of the latter Wenger days. We'll probably win on Friday(no guarantees) but we'll be stuffed at the Etihad and finish at least 5 or 6 points behind City. Then it's back to the Wenger days next season of hoping to qualify for the CL and coming no where near winning it.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Partey cost us that game. We then had a chance for it to be forgotten. Saka cost us again. We then had 35 mins to sort it out. Arteta cost us with strange subs that simply weakened our attack.

I have not seen this level of self harm since the days of 4-4 with Newcastle. 3-2 away to Wigan and 4-4 with Spurs at home.

Seriously worrying how at the merest sign of pressure we have crumbled like chalk in a vice. The pressure isn’t even on yet. That’s the worrying part.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:59 pm
The more I think about it the more the result is on Arteta. Absolutely baffling subs. Literally mind boggling.
2 weeks running I’ve been screaming at the screen for him to make changes - always too late.

I realise I have a love/hate relationship with Arteta. - on the one hand could anyone else have got this squad competing this season - possibly not. On the other hand deep down I know he is not really good enough. It’s not just the league, in the cups apart from the fluked lockdown FA Cup win he has continually benn crap in all cup competitions - I dread to think how he will cope with the Champions League. Ultimately he will achieve this season what Wenger did in 2016 - finish 2nd in a weak Prenier League. Pointless sticking with him, but of course we will probably for at least 3 more years, where we are likely to win not a lot.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The loss of Saliba has proved to absolutely fucking catastrophic.

Not only has it meant we’ve lost the services of our best defender it’s meant we’ve “gained” the services of our worst.

It’s also led to us getting a poor version of Gabriel because his game prospers with the calmness Saliba brings to the back line but he goes to shit when games get chaotic and Holding brings nothing but chaos to the defence.

Today Gabriel had Tierney (who was awful) on one side of him and Holding (who was worse) on the other. He ended up trying to cover for both but in this type of chaos he loses the run of himself and does something stupid which he duly did.

Holding played a big part in sinking us last season with his suicidal display at the scum (he did the same at the ethiad in the cup earlier this year and had to hooked at half time before the same thing happened) and he’s threatening to torpedo us again this time around.

Whatever we need to inject into Saliba just fucking do it and play him against city.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:02 pm
The loss of Saliba has proved to absolutely fucking catastrophic.

Not only has it meant we’ve lost the services of our best defender it’s meant we’ve “gained” the services of our worst.

It’s also led to us getting a poor version of Gabriel because his game prospers with the calmness Saliba brings to the back line but he goes to shit when games get chaotic and Holding brings nothing but chaos to the defence.

Today Gabriel had Tierney (who was awful) on one side of him and Holding (who was worse) on the other. He ended up trying to cover for both but in this type of chaos he loses the run of himself and does something stupid which he duly did.

Holding played a big part in sinking us last season with his suicidal display at the scum (he did the same at the ethiad in the cup earlier this year and had to hooked at half time before the same thing happened) and he’s threatening to torpedo us again this time around.

Whatever we need to inject into Saliba just fucking do it and play him against city.
Regardless. Without Partey’s brain fart and a Saka penalty miss we win that game at a canter.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Can't press 5 yards higher up the pitch after Saliba being out and Holding in.

At 2-0 has a yard or two on Antonio gets roasted and nearly gave away a pen, don't think he got booked which amazed me.

Pen's get missed but bet I wasn't the only one here thinking Saka, he simply didn't look confident at all and how he ran up short it was only going one side and Fabianski went same way.

Saliba serious doubt he seems like he will be fit City, Walters a kid but has pace, may as well play him Friday rb, move BW back to cb because at least then we can play few yards up the pitch. Holding not his fault simply not good enough, last two games away exposed.

Southampton at home drop points it's certainly all over but if we are going to play a faster back four it's the game to try it.

Scenario Holding against Haaland it means we drop deep concede space and the ball and no chance we can keep it out be like Davis in the greenhouse Scum, gpoing to be :cussing:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I think most on here are totally losing the plot, if you had told me we would win the next 7 games after we lost at home to Oil Cheaty, before we then went to Liverpool I would have thought you were crazy. We won all 7 games, so that was a couple of extra points in the bag, more than most expected.

The media & pundits were saying we were finished after that defeat in February & many of our supporters agreed. :blah:

We went to Liverpool played well, early on, let them back in the game, probably should have lost so it was a point gained, most would have took that before the game. Defeat would have even been worse than we are feeling today.

Today we should have won, we didn't but guess what, our points per game average for the last 9 games is way better what Oil Cheatys is for the whole season. So still more than decent form. :barscarf:

Our form from the last 9 games, 23 points, undefeated is also much better than the previous 9 games, 2 defeats, 2 draws & 5 wins, 17 points. Make no mistake this side is more than capable of equaling the achievements of the legendary Invincibles in their total of points won over a season.

The team and manager deserve credit for that, it's still not over until the voluptuous lady with the extraordinary singing voice starts to warm up. :mrgreen: :box:

Anyone who thinks this title race is over needs to look at the stats, the media want Arsenal fans to panic & get on the teams back, that's their agenda. Don't fall for the bullshite agenda that Rat face Neville, Sly TV & Talk Spurs pundits promote. :box:

Don't give up on the manager & players. There's still 7 games to go. Keep The Faith! :barscarf:

Come on you Gunners! :barscarf: :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:35 pm
I think most on here are totally losing the plot, if you had told me we would win the next 7 games after we lost at home to Oil Cheaty, before we then went to Liverpool I would have thought you were crazy. We won all 7 games, so that was a couple of extra points in the bag, more than most expected.

The media & pundits were saying we were finished after that defeat in February & many of our supporters agreed. :blah:

We went to Liverpool played well, early on, let them back in the game, probably should have lost so it was a point gained, most would have took that before the game. Defeat would have even been worse than we are feeling today.

Today we should have won, we didn't but guess what, our points per game average for the last 9 games is way better what Oil Cheatys is for the whole season. So still more than decent form. :barscarf:

Our form from the last 9 games, 23 points, undefeated is also much better than the previous 9 games, 2 defeats, 2 draws & 5 wins, 17 points. Make no mistake this side is more than capable of equaling the achievements of the legendary Invincibles in their total of points won over a season.

The team and manager deserve credit for that, it's still not over until the voluptuous lady with the extraordinary singing voice starts to warm up. :mrgreen: :box:

Anyone who thinks this title race is over needs to look at the stats, the media want Arsenal fans to panic & get on the teams back, that's their agenda. Don't fall for the bullshite agenda that Rat face Neville, Sly TV & Talk Spurs pundits promote. :box:

Don't give up on the manager & players. There's still 7 games to go. Keep The Faith! :barscarf:

Come on you Gunners! :barscarf: :barscarf:
The stats are that we’ve drawn the last two. The previous run of winning games were all on paper wins. Who did we beat that we weren’t expecting to? City have won 10 in a row in all comps. They’ve won the last 7 or 8 on the league. They’ve got Brighton away and us to play. We’ve got Brighton, Newcastle and City. Two of them away. Yes we can win the League. Chelsea can also win the Champions League.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Block93 wrote:
You know what I think?

A serious bollock- kicking from tomorrow?? That should have happened at half time. The horse is away down the road, so now we expect Arteta to close the gate?? He was as much to blame as anybody for this debacle. Changes needed to be made at half time, yet he waited and watched, waited and watched, seemingly paralysed, and then when he finally made changes, they were all the wrong ones.
The City game is going to have to be an Anfield '89 display. I think we'll need to actually win that game because Newcastle away will be another torrid, points dropping affair. We need a cushion, a 4 point cushion. Can you imagine us playing our last 6 games with a one point lead?? :shock: :shock:

John F

Post by John F »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:25 pm
Can't press 5 yards higher up the pitch after Saliba being out and Holding in.

At 2-0 has a yard or two on Antonio gets roasted and nearly gave away a pen, don't think he got booked which amazed me.

Pen's get missed but bet I wasn't the only one here thinking Saka, he simply didn't look confident at all and how he ran up short it was only going one side and Fabianski went same way.

Saliba serious doubt he seems like he will be fit City, Walters a kid but has pace, may as well play him Friday rb, move BW back to cb because at least then we can play few yards up the pitch. Holding not his fault simply not good enough, last two games away exposed.

Southampton at home drop points it's certainly all over but if we are going to play a faster back four it's the game to try it.

Scenario Holding against Haaland it means we drop deep concede space and the ball and no chance we can keep it out be like Davis in the greenhouse Scum, gpoing to be :cussing:
All good points Topside I would add there is a problem on our left if Zinchenko is injured and Arteta insists on playing Tierney as an inverted left-back. He is just not suited for that role.