Newcastle United (A) | PL | Sun 7/5/2023 | KO 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Newcastle United (A) | PL | Sun 7/5/2023 | KO 16:30

Post by OneBardGooner »

We can call or name them what we please on our individual posts, but the title must not have anything considered insulting or bad taste. all to do with the Forum's sponsorship deals or something I think?

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Just wondering what WSL might stand for!? :D

Willy Shy Lezzers?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 5:49 pm
We can call or name them what we please on our individual posts, but the title must not have anything considered insulting or bad taste. all to do with the Forum's sponsorship deals or something I think?

Willy Shy Lezzers?
I put Chavs FB as the last thread title..Chavs Fartboxes 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 5:49 pm

Willy Shy Lezzers?
That is correct. Was talking to Rob - our Admin / computer genius - who keeps this place running and he asked that we tone the match thread titles down on the main part of the forum until the new sponsorship deal had settled in. He also stated he loved the titles Falky was coming up with. :D

I suppose we should be careful a while longer but at some point I think we need those funny match thread titles to return. :lol:

Maybe let this season play out and start them up again next season and see if the owners / sponsors are OK with it.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Ok boss! :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gabriel will play in this.

Sean

Post by Sean »

My thread titles seemed to be popular back in 2017. I suppose that time moves on :mrgreen:

FG, I guess that match threads are up to you :barscarf: 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:34 pm
My thread titles seemed to be popular back in 2017. I suppose that time moves on :mrgreen:

FG, I guess that match threads are up to you :barscarf: 8)
Come next season when the ole PC Shackles are off, I think you both (Sean and FG) should take up the Cudgel and the Challenge join forces and come up with some real tasty game thread titles!

:D :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:34 am
Ok boss! :D
:lol: :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

How about over tattooed pot bellied great northern pillocks.
It's not offensive but accurate.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I know these c.unts are going to start pissing me off sooner rather than later. I quite like Eddie Howe and think he has done a good job and they haven't got too many players who have fucked me off yet

However, their fans are deluded c.unts - the Spurs of the North. Once they start spending the unethical executioners oil dollars, they are going to get on my tits....especially that god ugly bitch who looks like David Coulthard in a wig and who they insist on showing every time they score. Ant and Dec can fuck off too

COYG

:barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Another relegation yo yo club pimped to the tits with Middle Eastern oil money - what a time to be alive.

They’ve announced a new shirt sponsor for next season I see - a Qatari company with major links to Saudi Arabia. The previous deal was worth 6 million a season to them - this new will be 25 million a year. Some increase in 12 months, totally legit obviously. That’s obviously how far they felt they could push it….for now. Just wait what the next one will be.

And so it begins :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:27 am
I know these c.unts are going to start pissing me off sooner rather than later. I quite like Eddie Howe and think he has done a good job and they haven't got too many players who have fucked me off yet

However, their fans are deluded c.unts - the Spurs of the North. Once they start spending the unethical executioners oil dollars, they are going to get on my tits....especially that god ugly bitch who looks like David Coulthard in a wig and who they insist on showing every time they score. Ant and Dec can fuck off too

COYG

:barscarf: :barscarf:
I really detest those two pricks!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:58 am
Another relegation yo yo club pimped to the tits with Middle Eastern oil money - what a time to be alive.

They’ve announced a new shirt sponsor for next season I see - a Qatari company with major links to Saudi Arabia. The previous deal was worth 6 million a season to them - this new will be 25 million a year. Some increase in 12 months, totally legit obviously. That’s obviously how far they felt they could push it….for now. Just wait what the next one will be.

And so it begins :roll:
Their current shirt sponsor Fun88 also “agreed to terminate their agreement early”. I wonder what made them do that then. :lol:

This lot will be worse than City.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

And yet the PL will make out like everything is above board etc.

If this turns into a 3 horse race between pimped Arab clubs then what is the point for everyone else?.

We've had 10-15yrs of being told top 4 is a trophy whilst paying for a new stadium, the thought of similar again, for longer and even more difficult..
Fvxk that!.

Let's hope this doesn't happen but it's hard to see what is going to stop this BS.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:19 pm
And yet the PL will make out like everything is above board etc.

If this turns into a 3 horse race between pimped Arab clubs then what is the point for everyone else?.

We've had 10-15yrs of being told top 4 is a trophy whilst paying for a new stadium, the thought of similar again, for longer and even more difficult..
Fvxk that!.

Let's hope this doesn't happen but it's hard to see what is going to stop this BS.
The Premier League either stop it now or their product will become worthless. No one will be interested in it.