other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:01 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:52 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:39 pm
Looking like either Coventry or Luton coming up via the playoffs.

Still absolutely traumatised by the Stein brothers in the littlewoods cup final, oh the tears that were shed that day…..but hairy hands supports Coventry so I’m torn.

I can't stand Luton, didn't like them before that Littlewoods Cup Final, but like you, that lost left scars. We were playing crap and were 1-0 down, but somehow equalised and then the momentum swung and we were bossing it. We get the penalty and had we scored, that would have been it. Dixon fucked up, missed it and the pendulum swung back their way. The rest is history.

very similar performance to the Birmingham final. :(

Anyway, I've always quite liked Coventry so will be cheering for them, but sadly I think Luton will win it.

Retro old boy, it was Winterburn who took the penalty ( why is anybody’s guess, as he had never taken one for us before that game)

We were 2-1 up, hit the post, cruising, dominating, then that pen miss changed the whole game.

Ruined my birthday 🎂 and have hated Luton since.

Glad Luton got relegated time after time - only went there once, when we were officially banned ( all away fans not just us ) but a mate was at Hatfield uni so was within catchment for membership.

Half the ground was Arsenal - Adams got sent off and received a standing ovation 👏

Coventry meanwhile beat the scum at Wembley in 87, and Mabbut (og) played a blinder.😂 👍🏻🏆
You’re right Stuart, fuck me, I must be getting old ! :oops:
Mind you we were playing crap and I’m sure they were 1-0 up, but after we scored we did boss it and yes, I’d forgotten the second goal. The penalty miss swung it right back in their favour.
I don’t remember Winterburn taking the penalty...are you sure?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

goonertux wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:54 pm
On a different note, it will be the first time I'll be cheering for Utd in a cup final, but if City play like they did tonight, it will be an annihilation.
Sorry Retro, as much as I don’t like how Man City have “grown” into a European force, NOTHING could make me cheer on Manure. So they do the treble? Wipes out the uniqueness of Manure’s. And I just want to see rat face Fernandes crying at the end when they’re thumped 5-0!
Yeah, I can understand that GT. I’d rather neither of them won a thing, ever, but I’m getting sick of the hysterical media reaction to Pep and the team.

They’re an absolutely fabulous side, but fuck me, they’re entitled to be. As everyone else on here is saying, it’s all been bought with oil money. Had the Arabs never arrived, City would still be bouncing about in the Championship.

It’s funny, because prior to this season, I’ve preferred City winning stuff because it meant Utd, Liverpool and the chavs weren’t winning anything. I couldn’t get exercised about City winning, maybe because it is so false and such a flawed victory. Dunno, but this season I would rather they don’t win the treble, because it really is getting beyond a joke.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Quite like Cov, less so Luton but at least they're a proper football club, representing their community.

Sadly whoever gets promoted will find the top division a very different place to what it was last time they were in it, and not at all for the better

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 11:55 pm
goonertux wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
On a different note, it will be the first time I'll be cheering for Utd in a cup final, but if City play like they did tonight, it will be an annihilation.
Sorry Retro, as much as I don’t like how Man City have “grown” into a European force, NOTHING could make me cheer on Manure. So they do the treble? Wipes out the uniqueness of Manure’s. And I just want to see rat face Fernandes crying at the end when they’re thumped 5-0!
Yeah, I can understand that GT. I’d rather neither of them won a thing, ever, but I’m getting sick of the hysterical media reaction to Pep and the team.

They’re an absolutely fabulous side, but fuck me, they’re entitled to be. As everyone else on here is saying, it’s all been bought with oil money. Had the Arabs never arrived, City would still be bouncing about in the Championship.

It’s funny, because prior to this season, I’ve preferred City winning stuff because it meant Utd, Liverpool and the chavs weren’t winning anything. I couldn’t get exercised about City winning, maybe because it is so false and such a flawed victory. Dunno, but this season I would rather they don’t win the treble, because it really is getting beyond a joke.
I've been the same Retro.Their league wins over the dippers have been some of my best moments watching football the last few years :oops: I think it's because we're the ones on the recieving end this year thats brought their sheer dominance into focus even more.I still hope they fuck manure in the final though :rubchin: fuck those cnuts even more.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

I hope they smash Man Utd in the final. Can't stand their fans. I keep hearing the same thing from Man Utd fans: One the one hand we are an fairly average team, no better than them, who fluked our way to loads of points this season. On the other hand we bottled the league, having a 5 point advantage with 9 games to play as City have gone on a relentless 12 game streak which included beating us. Not sure you can claim both to be true.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:49 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
goonertux wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I've been the same Retro.Their league wins over the dippers have been some of my best moments watching football the last few years :oops: I think it's because we're the ones on the recieving end this year thats brought their sheer dominance into focus even more.I still hope they fuck manure in the final though :rubchin: fuck those cnuts even more.

Yes Falky, I was wondering when I typed that post if it is the impact on us this season that makes their dominance seems more stark. It probably is.

It seems like I'm alone on here with opting for Utd in the final, as the lesser of two evils, but apart from getting sick of City's pimped winning of everything, it will also be another club that has achieved something we never have. Bad enough that Utd have won a treble and that the chavs have a couple of CL wins (it is two isn't it?).

All in all, it's a sad reflection of the last almost 20 years of being a Gooner, that we spend too much time worrying about what other club's are or aren't achieving. :(

We've got a lot to thank that "arse pipe" / "ring piece" / "fart box" Wenger for haven't we? :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

cameron326 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 1:11 pm
I hope they smash Man Utd in the final. Can't stand their fans. I keep hearing the same thing from Man Utd fans: One the one hand we are an fairly average team, no better than them, who fluked our way to loads of points this season. On the other hand we bottled the league, having a 5 point advantage with 9 games to play as City have gone on a relentless 12 game streak which included beating us. Not sure you can claim both to be true.

Is that what they're saying? :roll:

Apart from the contradiction of being average and flukey and then expected to hold out for the title, a 5 point lead with 9 games remaining, including playing away to the team chasing you, is hardly a huge advantage.

That said, we really ought to have made it a lot more difficult for City and it shouldn't have been all over bar the shouting when they have 3 games remaining.

Still, Utd fans aren't in a position to be passing judgement.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 1:15 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:49 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
goonertux wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Yes Falky, I was wondering when I typed that post if it is the impact on us this season that makes their dominance seems more stark. It probably is.

It seems like I'm alone on here with opting for Utd in the final, as the lesser of two evils, but apart from getting sick of City's pimped winning of everything, it will also be another club that has achieved something we never have. Bad enough that Utd have won a treble and that the chavs have a couple of CL wins (it is two isn't it?).

All in all, it's a sad reflection of the last almost 20 years of being a Gooner, that we spend too much time worrying about what other club's are or aren't achieving. :(

We've got a lot to thank that "arse pipe" / "ring piece" / "fart box" Wenger for haven't we? :lol:
I wouldn't want yanahtid to get one closer to our Fa cup record the anuses that they are.We sure do have a lot to thank Le bulbeye for :cry:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I hope the murdering filth get fucked out tonight 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 4:06 pm
I hope the murdering filth get fucked out tonight 8)
I concur. 8)

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:45 pm
Pep the GOAT - winner of the Champions League with err...one club
Let him to go to Barnsley with fuck all money and see how well he does then,let him really earn his best manager in the world tag,my wife would win the league in Spain and Germany with the 2 of the best teams in club history,he inherited a great Barcelona side and did the same in Germany,and funnily enough he inherited the city team when they were champions,he always seems to take the safe option,2008 apparently was the last time his all domineering sides won him the CL,he’s never been truly been tested in his managerial career.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 5:32 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Let him to go to Barnsley with fuck all money and see how well he does then,let him really earn his best manager in the world tag,my wife would win the league in Spain and Germany with the 2 of the best teams in club history,he inherited a great Barcelona side and did the same in Germany,and funnily enough he inherited the city team when they were champions,he always seems to take the safe option,2008 apparently was the last time his all domineering sides won him the CL,he’s never been truly been tested in his managerial career.

'Ere Rob, do you think she'd be up for replacing Arteta??

:lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 5:36 pm
robbo10 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

'Ere Rob, do you think she'd be up for replacing Arteta??

:lol:
As long as she’s home to make my dinner and wash my clobber I don’t see why not mate,even she knows Xhaka is a ceunt :oops: :lol: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What a disgusting dive by Wilson at the head choppers, did he get booked? Did he fuck :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

robbo10 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Had a chance to try and do something interesting with Bayern Munich but couldn't cut it in Europe because they wouldn't tolerate his ego and constant whinging for more money.