ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bob Bayliss

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:22 pm
I can't see how either Ramsdale or Raya will be happy to settle for being the "domestic cup keeper" at this stage in their careers even if the one who is given first crack is playing well.

So are we going to give them each 15-plus games in the Prem League regardless?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:28 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:18 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:52 pm
Retro if he doesn't work out ,we send him back ,costs us 3m for the loan as opposed to paying 30m and him not working out .Apparently helps with FFP

Yes, unless I'm missing something, it looks like a cracking arrangement for us. Not sure what's in it for Brentford.

Well his contract was up this time next Yr,so he's signs on for an extra Yr with Brentford until summer of 2025 ,if we do decide to buy him after his loan they get 27m,if we don't,because he's signed an extension until 2025 it means Brentford can still sell him to some other club and get some money ,if he sat out the last Yr of his contract they'd get nothing,and I think they've already bought another GK few weeks back.

And PS I've fucked up the quoting bit :lol:
I was thinking about that Mc, but surely Brentford would be better off with the 30m now. If we take him next year, they still only get 30m total, but if we don’t (which can only mean he hasn’t played much or hasn’t played well) then they might struggle to get 27m elsewhere.

Still, as you said earlier, not our problem. As Stuart says, it leaves us with money to spend now.

I know he won’t sign a striker, but if he landed Caicedo (I know I’m dreaming) I’d be turning fucking cartwheels and would believe we can seriously challenge on all fronts.

Still need a striker though. Caicedo + Mitrovic. Then City would have to worry.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I like the young Irish lad Ferguson at Brighton, I know he's a bit raw and not alot of PL experience, but he looks like he will be a good player,he fits the age range (jesus didnt realise hes only 18 )he looks physical think he's 6ft2 ,reckon in a few yrs the big clubs will come sniffing around.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:36 pm
I like the young Irish lad Ferguson at Brighton, I know he's a bit raw and not alot of PL experience, but he looks like he will be a good player,he fits the age range (jesus didnt realise hes only 18 )he looks physical think he's 6ft2 ,reckon in a few yrs the big clubs will come sniffing around.
Without doubt he could get sold by Brighton for huge money if he has another season like last year…..

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Patino off to Swansea on loan for the season …..despite saying he didn’t want to go out on loan again

Apparently a meeting with Super Mik has persuaded him to see how his options are for first team next year - Elneny and Jorginho will be gone by then.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Raya on loan with an option is phenomenal business, to be honest.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🗞️| West Ham and Monaco are emerging as main competitors for Folarin Balogun as they are currently the only two clubs capable of meeting Arsenal’s £40m-plus asking price. [@MiguelDelaney, @Independent] #afc

🗞️| Balogun’s preference had been to go to one of the Milan clubs, with Internazionale looking likeliest, but they can’t get close to the fee. If that is the case, he is open to either alternative option, although staying in the Prem looks more attractive.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:22 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:17 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:43 pm
Just need Mila Kunis to join this forum and it's definitely win win

Yep, definitely need her to join, so that Augie can get to work and I get the £400.

Another win win.

Mind you, not a win win win, because poor old Mila ends up with Augie.

:wink:
Can u imagine all the moaning and I don't mean the sex moaning and I don't mean her moaning :lol:
:coffeespit:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

n idea if hes better than ramsdale but ramsadale is and increasingly became a cocky wanker prone to big errros so needs to be pushed or binned. Hope raya is better than him

hopefully the loan is so we can save funds for another signing...wishful thinking.

i fully agree we need a proper striker both better than jesus or at the very least better than the frather and balogun as back up, however i find it laughable those advocating mitrovic, the same (probably) who dissed the lamppost giroud (i mean we all dissed him as he was shit!). i'm in no way defending giroud but he was twice the player mitrovic is, neither good enough for a club with our aspirations (appreciate giroud actually won some stuff but think that was despite him...).

if its mitrovic for big bucks or sticking with the hale end lightweights i think i would stick to the latter. we need a striker it aint mitrovic. of the plausible pl ones toney is the only one i can see improving us, i don't think watkins is all that either. The perfect one would be a certain h kane...

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:33 am
n idea if hes better than ramsdale but ramsadale is and increasingly became a cocky wanker prone to big errros so needs to be pushed or binned. Hope raya is better than him

hopefully the loan is so we can save funds for another signing...wishful thinking.

i fully agree we need a proper striker both better than jesus or at the very least better than the frather and balogun as back up, however i find it laughable those advocating mitrovic, the same (probably) who dissed the lamppost giroud (i mean we all dissed him as he was shit!). i'm in no way defending giroud but he was twice the player mitrovic is, neither good enough for a club with our aspirations (appreciate giroud actually won some stuff but think that was despite him...).

if its mitrovic for big bucks or sticking with the hale end lightweights i think i would stick to the latter. we need a striker it aint mitrovic. of the plausible pl ones toney is the only one i can see improving us, i don't think watkins is all that either. The perfect one would be a certain h kane...

As a mitrovic advocate, let me clarify that one of the main reasons I suggest him is cos I dont believe that el basque will bring in a striker that will unsettle jesus, and mitrovic wont do that. Secondly you say giroud was twice the player mitrovic is - firstly let me say that is highly debateable, but secondly (and more importantly) giroud wasnt half the goal scorer mitrovic is. Giroud might have more to his game, but when it comes to putting the ball in the net, there are very few natural goal scorers like mitrovic around these days, and jesus's big failing is that he isnt clinical enough in front of goals and is too often not in the area when the chances are there cos he wants to be part of the build up out the field

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:36 pm
You mean the same way augie likes Kunis?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

When Fulham are yo-yoing Mitrovic scores shit loads of goals in the championship but there’s a huge drop off in his numbers when he’s back in the PL.

We’d create a lot more opportunities for him for sure so I’d expect him to post decent numbers for us but I still think he’s a tier below where we need to be looking at.

Toney scored 20 in the league last year, it wouldn’t be out of the question that he’d score 30 with us and those are the types of numbers that would make us a serious threat to city.

Where Mitrovic would have the advantage is the aerial presence he’d give us in the box, the option to chuck it in when we’re losing or drawing late on is something we badly lack. Toney scores a few headers to be fair to him but I think he’s the same height as Jesus so he’s not rally that focal point in the box when firing in crosses.

He’ll have 18 months left on his contact when the ban is up in January….that’s the time to strike, throw Eddie into the deal for good measure.

I’m actually surprised with their dire need for a striker that Brentford (or West Ham for that matter) haven’t been in for Balogun - very strange.

A 22 year old who scored 21 times in France last season would normally be the focus of a lot of attention from clubs with big bids going in but instead he’s only got shite like Monaco and inter in pursuit making piss poor offers.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC: Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid from Ligue 1 side Monaco for their 22-year-old American striker Folarin Balogun. (90min)

Instead, Arsenal are considering offering Balogun and Japan full-back Takehiro Tomiyasu, 24, to Inter Milan in exchange for their Italian midfielder Nicolo Barella, 26. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:47 am
When Fulham are yo-yoing Mitrovic scores shit loads of goals in the championship but there’s a huge drop off in his numbers when he’s back in the PL.

We’d create a lot more opportunities for him for sure so I’d expect him to post decent numbers for us but I still think he’s a tier below where we need to be looking at.

Toney scored 20 in the league last year, it wouldn’t be out of the question that he’d score 30 with us and those are the types of numbers that would make us a serious threat to city.

Where Mitrovic would have the advantage is the aerial presence he’d give us in the box, the option to chuck it in when we’re losing or drawing late on is something we badly lack. Toney scores a few headers to be fair to him but I think he’s the same height as Jesus so he’s not rally that focal point in the box when firing in crosses.

He’ll have 18 months left on his contact when the ban is up in January….that’s the time to strike, throw Eddie into the deal for good measure.

I’m actually surprised with their dire need for a striker that Brentford (or West Ham for that matter) haven’t been in for Balogun - very strange.

A 22 year old who scored 21 times in France last season would normally be the focus of a lot of attention from clubs with big bids going in but instead he’s only got shite like Monaco and inter in pursuit making piss poor offers.

He is only 5ft 10" :shock: :shock: :shock: I had him pegged as 6ft 2" at least :oops: :oops:

Again I will say that I too would prefer Toney, but there is no gettiong away from fact that signing him in January could be too late, and especially when jesus injured already (AGAIN)

I am baffled as to why Balogun hasnt had much of a chance in pre season - yes it is only the french league but the kid scored a lot of goals last season and if he doesnt get a chance with us, all we can go on is what he done last season. Years ago you could argue that a goal scorer is a goal scorer regardless of what league or country they are playing in, but I think we have seen enough examples in recent seasons to see that sometimes the stats (number of goals) dont tell the whole story. Too late now I know, but he should have got some pre-season starts to see if he is good enough or not, but I suspect the whole reason why he wasnt given a chance is that we are banking on getting in a wad of money for him to go towards our purchases

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

***NEWS FLASH***

Mila Kunis has heard of someone by the name of "Augie" stalking her, so has trebled her already substantial Personal Security Team. (all ex-SAS).