ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

My early season optimism has taken a battering over the past few days, the injury to Timber is devastating, the blatant corruption on show at old trafford sickened me and the chavs signing every player in world football is wearing me down.

Need a pick me up today.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:18 am
My early season optimism has taken a battering over the past few days, the injury to Timber is devastating, the blatant corruption on show at old trafford sickened me and the chavs signing every player in world football is wearing me down.

Need a pick me up today.
I honestly dont understand why there was so much optimism amongst supporters pre season anyway.
I agree with you that Timber injury is a massive blow, but apart from Rice being an upgrade on Xhaka what improvements are there?
Havertz is a complete waste of space - £65 million for a Chelsea flop. :roll: We have basically just contributed to them being able to afford Caceido - who we should have bought for cheaper in January,

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:53 am
rodders999 wrote:

Need a pick me up today.
I honestly dont understand why there was so much optimism amongst supporters pre season anyway.
I agree with you that Timber injury is a massive blow, but apart from Rice being an upgrade on Xhaka what improvements are there?
Havertz is a complete waste of space - £65 million for a Chelsea flop. :roll: We have basically just contributed to them being able to afford Caceido - who we should have bought for cheaper in January,

I'm with you there Rob - have probably signed a better keeper than ramsdale but probably wont play him, so without Timber I am struggling to see any big improvements and we after spending £211m this transfer window :shock: :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The injury to Jurrien Timber (or Timbs's to his mates :wink: ) Has thrown the whole plan into the air much like it was made of confetti....

We all knew Eddie the feather wasn't ever going to be good enough as our striker and with Jesus also out through injury, he is going to be required to be THAT player, unless things change and Balogun rises to the challenge and starts banging them into the ole onion net; which I don't see happening, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

I was genuinely hoping that Holding would be Flushed like the turd he is, but now with 'Timb's' out long term they will probably keep him :roll:

As for what is happening with Tierney & ESR - Well that's anyone's guess, because they don't seem to be anywhere near the first eleven.

As to why Gabrielle was not part of the starting eleven on Saturday is a mystery? Is he injured??

And then of course there is Zinchenko - Yup! He has skills and is a decent player, BUT he is No Full-back. Midfield is his best position, but needs a very reliable full-back behind him.

So: We Badly "Need" a proper Striker, another Mid-fielder because at some stage Partey will turn up for his regular stint on the treatment table AND we need a Right Wing - Because Saka has been played into exhaustion and it is only a matter of time before that takes its toll.

Basically from feeling quite hopeful & positive - everything is now looking very unstable and not at all Good.

:cry:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:53 am
rodders999 wrote:

Need a pick me up today.
Absoultely. Why oh why are modern-day Arsenal allergic to top-drawer defensive midfielders? EVERY successful Arsenal team in my lifetime has had them, from Peter Storey to Kevin Richardson to Emmanuel Petit to Gilberto. We have done two things since 2005: (a) signed a succession of Chelsea rejects, none of whom have turned out to be good and most of whom have been awful; (b) continued to sign lightweight creative midfielders when we need someone to screen the defence. Partey is an improvement on what we had, but he is injury-prone and Arteta now seems to see him as some sort of wing-back option. We needed Caicedo much more than we needed Rice.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

Need a pick me up today.
I'm the same Rodders I was Full of Positivity & Hope....

With "Timb's" injured we will most likely keep Holding instead of Flushing him away and we also have Jesus AND Zinchenko injured... I'm sure some scumCunt somewhere has done some of that Voodoo shit on us. :banghead: :cussing:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nottingham Forest have submitted a formal proposal to sign Nuno Tavares on a permanent deal. 🇵🇹

[via @FabrizioRomano].

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:28 am
The injury to Jurrien Timber (or Timbs's to his mates :wink: ) Has thrown the whole plan into the air much like it was made of confetti....

We all knew Eddie the feather wasn't ever going to be good enough as our striker and with Jesus also out through injury, he is going to be required to be THAT player, unless things change and Balogun rises to the challenge and starts banging them into the ole onion net; which I don't see happening, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

I was genuinely hoping that Holding would be Flushed like the turd he is, but now with 'Timb's' out long term they will probably keep him :roll:

As for what is happening with Tierney & ESR - Well that's anyone's guess, because they don't seem to be anywhere near the first eleven.

As to why Gabrielle was not part of the starting eleven on Saturday is a mystery? Is he injured??

And then of course there is Zinchenko - Yup! He has skills and is a decent player, BUT he is No Full-back. Midfield is his best position, but needs a very reliable full-back behind him.

So: We Badly "Need" a proper Striker, another Mid-fielder because at some stage Partey will turn up for his regular stint on the treatment table AND we need a Right Wing - Because Saka has been played into exhaustion and it is only a matter of time before that takes its toll.

Basically from feeling quite hopeful & positive - everything is now looking very unstable and not at all Good.

:cry:

I'm not disagreeing with any of the highlighted points you made, but where we differ is that I am linking all those points back to one man (the manager), whilst you are reluctant to do that. On the Raya thread a few members (inc me) made tongue in cheek comments about what position he will be playing, but the time is fast approaching where this shit of playing players out of position is gonna cost us and then the shit will hit the fan. I acknowledged that we have certainly improved in past year, but I dont trust this manager one jot and if he doesnt stop fcuking about with player positions and team structure, then we will quickly decline this season

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Glad but sad I'm not the only one feeling this way.
Edu needs to prove himself with sales now so we can at least bring in some cover for Timber at the very least.

I really hope UEFA or the PL (yeah right) are cooking up plans to stiffle chavski, they really are the most odious club on the planet, built on Russian blood money and now stockpiling young players like some sort of stock market assets.

Really concerned the Saudi's are basically trying to control the league through the back door, but these cvnts at the FA or PL did nothing when the crook was pimping them or UAE at city so they'll probably do fvck all again.

After the hope of last season it's back down to earth with a bang...

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:58 am
Nottingham Forest have submitted a formal proposal to sign Nuno Tavares on a permanent deal. 🇵🇹

[via @FabrizioRomano].
Who?

augie

Post by augie »

I'm sick of hearing bu.llshit in last few years about how well the club has done to get rid of unwanted players - we paid off most of them and even now all I am reading is loan moves for tavares, sambi and tierney :evil: :evil: Fuck that sh"t - if these clubs want our players then tell them to pay up or fcuk right off. I thought it was reported last week that sambi had joined burnley, but sky sports are saying no deal has even been agreed yet :? Lads go on here about flushing the turds, but paying them off is costing us money, and loaning players out might save some money on wages, but it wont put money in the kitty to bring in replacements

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I absolutely adore talking about flushing turds, it’s my modus operandi on here every single window. I get way more enjoyment from our departures than I ever do from any arrival. Speaking of which has Pepe fucked off yet? The window will have peaked for me when that glorious day arrives.

Augie I was thinking about you earlier (creepy eh? :wink: ). If you found out we’d just signed prime Pele at the same time as Kunis was gobbling down on your pecker you’d still come on here afterwards to have a moan :lol:

I remember when I first joined this forum I was terrified of 2 people, you and Sid (whatever happened to him - did Herr DB’s ban hammer finally fall?) because the both of you were so fucking angry all the time. I could feel the rage coming off the screen every time both of you posted.

With Sid banished to the Gulag, I just have you to fear now, never change you mental bastard

:wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Fulham are considering a move for Arsenal’s £50m-rated striker Folarin Balogun, as they prepare to sell Aleksandar Mitrovic to Al-Hilal. [Simon Jones, Mail] #afc

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:58 pm
I absolutely adore talking about flushing turds, it’s my modus operandi on here every single window. I get way more enjoyment from our departures than I ever do from any arrival. Speaking of which has Pepe fucked off yet? The window will have peaked for me when that glorious day arrives.

Augie I was thinking about you earlier (creepy eh? :wink: ). If you found out we’d just signed prime Pele at the same time as Kunis was gobbling down on your pecker you’d still come on here afterwards to have a moan :lol:

I remember when I first joined this forum I was terrified of 2 people, you and Sid (whatever happened to him - did Herr DB’s ban hammer finally fall?) because the both of you were so fucking angry all the time. I could feel the rage coming off the screen every time both of you posted.

With Sid banished to the Gulag, I just have you to fear now, never change you mental bastard

:wink:
Not True Rodders me Ole Mucker!

Sid having been advised he needed to "Work On His Anger Issues" - Has been doing just that! When he was put Bound & Gagged onto the plane for the Amazon Jungle Survive Our Die Retreat - The last thing he was heard to snarl and scream was "It's That Fucking Rodders, He got me Banned I'll Do For the Fucker"...

Ands having survived on a Strict Diet of: Ayahuasca Roots (Uncooked), The freshly shed skins of Python and Ananconda snakes and Tarantula Venom (given thrice daily in copious amounts) - He is due back Any Day - Apparently his report says that he was still snarling whilst eating said delights and then cleaning his remaining Two Razor Sharp Fangs by tearing great chunks out of Vines of Strychnos whilst rubbingZombie-Ant Fungus into his Testicles - Muttering "Rodders...It's All His Fault"...

:proudtosay:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal have entered talks with Nottingham Forest as they try to offload Nuno Tavares. West Ham & Galatasaray both showed interest in Tavares last month. Arsenal are thought to want around £22m if they sell him outright. [@MrDomSmith, Standard] #afc