ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:58 pm
please can we make it a rule that we never ever buy anyone from Chelsea again.

I don't care if they want to sell us Mbappe, just don't buy any more of their casts offs as they're all fucking shite!!

You say that and I wholeheartedly agree with you, but lately I was doing some thinking and I couldnt come up with even one player that any english club bought from the chavs that has been a success in the last 10-15 years :shock: :shock: Players like de bruyne and salah have gone elsewhere and came back to english clubs and thrived, but has any player left the chavs to join another premier league club and been a success ? A sad stat came out lately is that no english club has bought more players from the chavs in premier league era than us - that is some amount of dosh we have pished away :roll: :oops: :oops:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gabriel is going to Saudi.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:00 pm
Balancing the books. They royally screwed up with overspending and can't recoup from sales.

I hope Kiwor is as good as Gabriel.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

As long as we get a shit load of money for Gabriel it's not the end of the world. For me he's not good enough.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

If Gabriel is going to Saudi it makes even less sense to get rid of Tierney.

Kiwior will be needed at LCB and won't be able to cover LB.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:14 am
As long as we get a shit load of money for Gabriel it's not the end of the world. For me he's not good enough.
We'll have no time to replace him this late and with Timber injured we need him, also he's not that bad, and unlike most of our players seems to stay fit which is a huge plus.

Unless they offer over 120m makes no sense to sell him this window

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:16 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Balancing the books. They royally screwed up with overspending and can't recoup from sales.

I think Gabriel is a decent player, him and Tequila have made a very good pairing at the back,. However, the system that Arteta has put in place; I mean besides the fact it ain't working, means that Gabriel will get less game time.

For me Kiwior looks 1,000% Nervous when the ball is anywhere near him. With the exception of 3 times, every single time the ball came to him yesterday he played dit back and inside. There was no inter-play between him and Martinelli; something that Tierney brought to the game :?

I know it is NOT going to happen, but I would prefer we keep Gabriel and sell Kiwior.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

He gets some stick on here, but I’ve always liked the bloke and will be sorry to see him go. I’ve said before that he’s only 25 and centre halfs tend to mature later than attacking players. He wears his heart on his sleeve and seems to give everything and I thought that his partnership with Saliba looked very promising.

None of us have seen enough of Kiwior to know if he’s capable of filling the void and him and Saliba would be a very young partnership. A more experienced head is always a good thing at centre back.

augie

Post by augie »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:16 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Where are all the dicks that were praising wiggy and his sons for the backing of the manager in the transfer market now ?? Seems like it was a "yes you can spend x amount of money, but we need you to sell first team players to fund it" :roll:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:23 pm

I think Gabriel is a decent player, him and Tequila have made a very good pairing at the back,. However, the system that Arteta has put in place; I mean besides the fact it ain't working, means that Gabriel will get less game time.

For me Kiwior looks 1,000% Nervous when the ball is anywhere near him. With the exception of 3 times, every single time the ball came to him yesterday he played dit back and inside. There was no inter-play between him and Martinelli; something that Tierney brought to the game :?

I know it is NOT going to happen, but I would prefer we keep Gabriel and sell Kiwior.
I haven't seen enough of Kiwor to prefer which to sell, but I do think that Gabriel is a good established centre back in the PL, so will be a bit cheesed off if he is sold because we bought Havertz (too early to write him off, but we didn't need him).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:52 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:23 pm

I haven't seen enough of Kiwor to prefer which to sell, but I do think that Gabriel is a good established centre back in the PL, so will be a bit cheesed off if he is sold because we bought Havertz (too early to write him off, but we didn't need him).
Totally agree on both points.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Where are lot getting the fresh Gabriel to Saudi stories?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dunno mate, I haven't seen anything new since last week, after which Arteta said he (Gabriel) is going f'ing Nowhere.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:50 pm
Where are lot getting the fresh Gabriel to Saudi stories?

Not twitter anyway 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If anyone knows on here McD does.