Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:14 pm
There’s no need for the personal abuse fellas. Both Mantis and Clummo always make good points on here and whether the views contradict each other and whether I agree with them, is not the point. The forum is about an adult expression and exchange of opinions.

Regarding the spat above, I’d add that no one would give a damn about the system if it’s effective and gets results and hopefully the football is good to watch. What a lot of us can’t figure out is why he’s fucking about with a system that was effective last season and only needed the addition of two or three quality upgrades to the playing squad. If you start changing the formula and don’t get results, then you’re gonna get criticised. Arteta is making some very strange decisions and if he sticks with it and it continues to come up short, then he’ll get flak.

It’s only three games and we’ve picked up 7 points, so on the face of it, no disaster. However, we’ve played three teams likely to be bottom half, two of them at home and could very conceivably be sitting on 4 or 5 points. Replicate the performances in the next six games, which include Utd, the scum, City and Chelsea and we could be looking at a very different picture.

Bottom line is that we performed well last year and have spent 200m this summer. Come the end of September it will be perfectly fair to judge the manager.

Like you Retro, I had high hopes that we were going to build on last season, with decent signings in Timber and Rice to make as more solid and increase squad depth.

I have said before on here that for me, football is a lot about partnerships

Your 2 centre backs, knowing each others positions and reading of the game
I thought Saliba and Gabriel had formed a good partnership - both however capable of individual errors at times, but on the whole complement each others game.
Selling Gabriel potentially to Saudi leaves us where exactly ? We would need to bring a new CB in, for no doubt big money, as they would need to be high calibre….and then you have to build the partnership all over again.

LB / RB and their corresponding winger
White and Saka work very well together with White often over lapping to cross or use as a decoy for Saka to be able to cut inside

Playing Partey there, through necessity maybe ( but he also played a couple of matches end of last season there ) seems to have destabilised the whole defence.

Did Arteta think we would dominate the game to extent that it didn’t really matter ?

Left hand side, Zinchenko doesn’t really work well with Martinelli so far, and Havertz just seems to be a round peg in a square hole. Ideally he would be brought in as a sub to integrate slowly, so far it’s not working with him there.

We may well have lots of possession, but doing very little in terms of dynamic attacking is harping back to days of illusionary dominance and ‘deserved to win’ - football matches are determined by goals, not possession.

My pre season optimism has certainly taken a Rodders style bashing :oops:
Has it changed too much, too quickly, for the players to get it working coherently yet, or is it doomed to fail.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Good post SteveO.

I think this season is going to be very interesting all round. With the exception of a few obvious clubs I think we'll see plenty of surprising results in the coming months.

Who'd have predicted that Brighton/West Ham score yesterday. Practically nobody I'd say.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:00 pm
Rough crowd here today :lol:

And I as silent as a church mouse 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

No offence was meant clummo, it was merely a skit on what certain posters are known for your dodgy streams, Bobby's fake ITK, augie being a miserable negative apparently bald *word censored*, mcd's twitter bllx, riddesa nd steveos bubble bath bbqs, Singapore gooners seeing machine (where he??) obg, db10, leftie, etc all apparnelty being vertically challenged etc.

Anyway my beef is the whole thing being caused by havertz being forced into the team. Its wrong on so many levels, and the fans will get on his back, we've already seen signs, yet it will just cause artrta to double down.

I could live with him being introduced slowly but it's downright self harm this bell end playing from the start in each game.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Twitter bollocks :shock: ,how very dare you :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:20 pm
Especially as spoiled manchild Cunty Musk has changed it to "X", the fucking idiot. :oops: :lol:

Also, cut out the personal abuse you cùnts or I'll bring out the new sexy ban hammer. :shock:

:wink:

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:11 pm
No offence was meant clummo, it was merely a skit on what certain posters are known for your dodgy streams, Bobby's fake ITK, augie being a miserable negative apparently bald *word censored*, mcd's twitter bllx, riddesa nd steveos bubble bath bbqs, Singapore gooners seeing machine (where he??) obg, db10, leftie, etc all apparnelty being vertically challenged etc.

Anyway my beef is the whole thing being caused by havertz being forced into the team. Its wrong on so many levels, and the fans will get on his back, we've already seen signs, yet it will just cause artrta to double down.

I could live with him being introduced slowly but it's downright self harm this bell end playing from the start in each game.

What's with this "apparently" b.ullshit ?? Nothing apparently about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:38 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:34 am
As a sometimes (Grateful) user of the Stream Service set up by Clummo I Can 100% Confirm ALL Payments went Directly to The National Autistic Society via Standard On-line Payment Method.

We weren't asked to Pay a specific amount, but to the best of my knowledge most of those who used the Stream added a few more quid when possible as it was for a Very Worthy Cause. just saying.
I concur that all payments when through the charity.
I concur with the above and am very grateful to Clummo for providing the service originally, till it got abused and withdrawn and then telling anyone interested how to go about finding a service going forward

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:50 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Especially as spoiled manchild Cunty Musk has changed it to "X", the fucking idiot. :oops: :lol:

Also, cut out the personal abuse you cùnts or I'll bring out the new sexy ban hammer. :shock:

That’s a funny name for it; I call mine ‘Long Dong Silver.’ 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

:shock:

You mean!!!?

Fair enough, bring it ON Baby!!!! :D :-P

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

:shock:

You mean!!!?

Fair enough, bring it ON Baby!!!! :D :-P
You can tell by the glazed-over look in her eyes that she’s been watching woman’s football. Poor cow. :lol: