ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:30 pm
To be honest, all these guys who are going on loan or for cheap money, they aren't backups, they aren't people we can rely on to do even a 'decent' job! They are players who we've been moaning about for fucking years. I'd rather see an 18yo given a chance than see Holding, Sambi or Tavares stink the place out again!! Good riddance to shite!!
Better that they are off our payroll and we get any kind of fee than just sat doing nothing as they will play no part in matches for the first 11.

Still Pepe to flush but the Saudi window is open for a couple more weeks…..

May mean more kids play v Brentford in the league cup, but so be it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:30 pm
To be honest, all these guys who are going on loan or for cheap money, they aren't backups, they aren't people we can rely on to do even a 'decent' job! They are players who we've been moaning about for fucking years. I'd rather see an 18yo given a chance than see Holding, Sambi or Tavares stink the place out again!! Good riddance to shite!!
Yeah! Remember the Wenger days/years when he would sign very average players on High Wages and when everyone realised they were shit we were stuck with them and no amount of coaxing, abuse or flushing could get rid of them. :?

So as you say Good Riddance.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Both Lokonga and Taveres have a chance now to re-establish their careers by planning regular premier league football.

Taveres is no LB though. Be interesting to see where Forest play him.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I think we should have replaced Timber. At least have gotten someone experienced in on loan for the year.

Arteta clearly thought we needed defensive cover.
Do we now not need it as we haven't replaced Timber AND we've got rid of Tierney and Holding.
We're 2 defenders worse off than the end of last season.. when we struggled with defensive personnel near the end of the season

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

augie

Post by augie »

Thynker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:55 pm
I think we should have replaced Timber. At least have gotten someone experienced in on loan for the year.

Do we now not need it as we haven't replaced Timber AND we've got rid of Tierney and Holding.
We're 2 defenders worse off than the end of last season.. when we struggled with defensive personnel near the end of the season

When you put it like that it is hard to disagree, and I'm saying that as someone who didnt want another defender signed

Have to say that it is also hard to put up an argument for signing another defender when the arrogant cock has defenders available (Gabriel) but is choosing not to use.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Thynker wrote:

“ We have Cedric who can play there “…..will be the line from Arteta

Midz

Post by Midz »

Southampton were surprised when Arsenal originally bid for Cedric. I'm not at all surprised because he's shite and they knew it.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:13 pm

Still Pepe to flush but the Saudi window is open for a couple more weeks…..
Who would have him? Don’t know how long his contract is, but he is at Arsenal until it ends.

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

Thynker wrote:

Well it seems Partey is a RB now 😂 And judging by his comments in the latest press conference he won't be moving to last season's back 4 anytime soon

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

A million quid for Banter Bob :oops:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Holding went for what he was worth.... Everyone knows how poor he is, thank fuck je won't be in our defence any longer.

What pisses me off is why we don't sign anyone on loan? The Timber situation is perfect for bringing in a short term solution but no, fucking Milk Tray man thinks we can cope because we have Cedric waiting in the wings :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

That transfer window was a complete and utter catastrophe.
Huge opportunity after being title contenders and being back in the Champions League to bring in some top talent.
Instead we over paid for Rice (West Ham are now top after spending our money on other players to replace him), a Chelsea reject in Havertz - probably the worst signing of any player that I can ever remember.And the £65 million we paid has gone towards the chavs buying Caciedo.

Timber was a good signing - just a shame he got injured….and we let Tierney go ……..and didn’t think of getting any cover in…..

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

With Havertz, I’m firmly in the suck it and see camp, gonna sit back, give him a chance and see how it all unfolds, but to paraphrase from the Big Lebowski, well you know, that’s just like my opinion, man.

It’s not like he’s been Willian levels of awful so far, but to play devils advocate for a minute, it’s not the fact that his 3 games in an Arsenal shirt have been a bit meh that’s gotten people restless, it’s his 3 years in English football.

That’s an important distinction to make when people are being accused of getting on his back so early in his Arsenal career. Like I said I’m giving him time and am pretty convinced he’ll come good but can definitely understand why others are far less optimistic.

Isn’t it fucking great that we can all get along 8)

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I think Liverpool could be dangerous this year.
Have bought 4 new midfielders and they've 5 top class forwards.

Their centre of defence still a weak spot though