Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:09 pm
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:54 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:48 pm
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:10 pm

Isn't that what I said :?

:lol: :lol:
That's what I thought.

Nut flush doesn't think that Ramsdale was responsible for our failure to clinch the league and neither do you, but he disagrees with you. :lol: :barscarf:

Thought for a minute that I'd entered the twilight zone :lol:

I kept rereading it thinking "what am I missing here?!" :lol: :wink:
:lol:

Mate I read it some many times I went cross eyed :? :lol: , which reminds me of a joke

I used to go out with a cross eyed girl but I ended it.

I thought she was seeing someone else.

Midz

Post by Midz »

:D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Chelsea and Bayern Munich are keeping tabs on Aaron Ramsdale as per @SamiMokbel81_DM

There have been internal concerns about Ramsdale’s start to the season. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:52 pm
🚨Chelsea and Bayern Munich are keeping tabs on Aaron Ramsdale as per @SamiMokbel81_DM

There have been internal concerns about Ramsdale’s start to the season. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]

Quick, sell him to the chavs before we play them in a few weeks' time.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:42 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trouble is, you know what would happen OBG....the fucker would have the game of his life!!

Midz

Post by Midz »

TBH your granny could've played in goal for us on Sunday and knitted a jumper while she was at it as Raya had fuck all to do,, So saying he kept a clean sheet or did well is nonsense.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:28 pm
TBH your granny could've played in goal for us on Sunday and knitted a jumper while she was at it as Raya had fuck all to do,, So saying he kept a clean sheet or did well is nonsense.

I’m assuming you mean a collective “you”, as opposed to me personally, because I haven’t said a word about Raya. I know almost nothing about his performances at Brentford and as you say, couldn’t make a judgement yesterday. Even had he been busy, you still can’t judge a player until he’s had a number of games, unless he’s outstandingly good or bad.

Some comments on here that people liked that he came for crosses and caught them and looked pretty good with the ball at his feet. Time will tell.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I'm intrigued by Arteta saying he wanted to make a tactical sub of the GK. You can see how that works for all other positions not sure how it works for the GK.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chippy wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:36 pm
I'm intrigued by Arteta saying he wanted to make a tactical sub of the GK. You can see how that works for all other positions not sure how it works for the GK.
Hey Chippy. Good to see you around here again old buddy. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:28 pm
:shock:

Whose Granny Mine? or Retro's ?

augie

Post by augie »

Chippy wrote:

Again more nonsense from a manager trying to seem more inovative (sp :oops: ) than pep :roll: :banghead: :banghead:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:12 pm
Chippy wrote:

Again more nonsense from a manager trying to seem more inovative (sp :oops: ) than pep :roll: :banghead: :banghead:
I understand if we were expected to be under ariel bombardment and you bring in a 6”10 keeper who claims everything going for the game.

Or just before a penalty shoot out you have a keeper who is the nuts on penalty saves, not sure during a game changing Raya for Ramsdale makes too much difference with 10 mins left ?

I accept a 5% margin is a 5 % improvement and increases your chances of winning, just nit sure football is as cut and dried as that.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:23 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:12 pm
Chippy wrote:

I understand if we were expected to be under ariel bombardment and you bring in a 6”10 keeper who claims everything going for the game.

Or just before a penalty shoot out you have a keeper who is the nuts on penalty saves, not sure during a game changing Raya for Ramsdale makes too much difference with 10 mins left ?

I accept a 5% margin is a 5 % improvement and increases your chances of winning, just nit sure football is as cut and dried as that.

A tactical goalkeeper substitution has to be one of the most bonkers things I've heard. Firstly, you have to decide who is the better keeper and which one ticks most of the boxes you're looking to tick. The decision may be tight, but the manager is paid to make those decisions. Secondly, to make an in-game switch like that puts the manager on a hiding to nothing. No one is going to say that the sub keeper didn't concede, so the decision was correct, because who's to say the original would have conceded, but if the sub fucks up, then the manager would get no end of flak and rightly so.

I can't remember a single example of a keeper being substituted for tactical reasons, even if they've been having an absolute mare....other than the obvious penalty shoot out change.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

A keeper's primary function is to keep goals out.
If one guy does that better than another I couldn't give a fu.ck it the 2nd guy can pick out a pass at 60 yards.