Pee Esh Vee H Champions league matchday 1 Weds 20th Sept KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SE12red

Re: Pee Esh Vee H Champions league matchday 1 Weds 20th Sept KO 8pm

Post by SE12red »

The Trossard goal was real quality. Reminded me a lot of the Arshavin goal v Barca . :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:57 pm
Glorified training exercise, we’re back baby :barscarf:
We made it look like that, but the way I see it is last season we struggled to beat them at home and lost away. That is progression in my book. Yes they are minus Gakpo now, but you can't deny squad depth is a real thing at Arsenal these days.

To see all those first-choice players going off in the second half in preparation for the spuds game, was very satisfying.

Time to burst Angela's bubble now!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:03 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:57 pm
Glorified training exercise, we’re back baby :barscarf:
We made it look like that, but the way I see it is last season we struggled to beat them at home and lost away. That is progression in my book. Yes they are minus Gakpo now, but you can't deny squad depth is a real thing at Arsenal these days.

To see all those first-choice players going off in the second half in preparation for the spuds game, was very satisfying.

Time to burst Angela's bubble now!
I was also impressed about how well the subs played when they came on.
I fancy our chances in the league cup a bit more now too. The reserves will surely play but the standard will still be pretty high

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Not seen it but sounds like we finally clicked bar klive....good start let's please take it into Sunday and do the same to that mob. Please.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:34 pm
Not seen it but sounds like we finally clicked bar klive....good start let's please take it into Sunday and do the same to that mob. Please.

I realise that I'm one of the more pessimistic voices on here, but we shouldn't get carried away with last night. It was a very good performance and you can only beat what's in front of you, but PSV couldn't have made life much easier if they'd tried. They set up to play in a manner which was perfect for us...they came out to attack, rather than sit deep and gave us more time and space on the ball than we'll get from even Luton, or Sheffield Utd.

I'm not being critical of our side at all, but Sunday will be a vastly different test.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:19 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:34 pm

I realise that I'm one of the more pessimistic voices on here, but we shouldn't get carried away with last night. It was a very good performance and you can only beat what's in front of you, but PSV couldn't have made life much easier if they'd tried. They set up to play in a manner which was perfect for us...they came out to attack, rather than sit deep and gave us more time and space on the ball than we'll get from even Luton, or Sheffield Utd.

I'm not being critical of our side at all, but Sunday will be a vastly different test.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What!!!?

Shock Horror!!

Never !! :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

True: the scum will be well organised and although we have a far superior team, they will come Full of Confidence and as we all know Confidence is 90% of a players game....