Flat cap wearing whippet shagging fartpipes H Sat Oct 28th KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Flat cap wearing whippet shagging fartpipes H Sat Oct 28th KO 3pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:02 pm
I watched Havertz closely from the stands. He has literally no drive. Each time he got the ball he wanted to lay it off. He has no pace at all to take a ball and run with it. Hard to know whether it is that he has zero belief. He looks totally bereft.
Yeah he was desperate today. In fairness the manager has picked him for games like this where the oppo have little to offer. Thought he would thrive in a match like today, but the game passed him by. Chelsea had one of the lowest workrates under Lumpard and it just seems like the pace of our game is too hot for him. Funnily enough in a weird way he's looked more in the game when we've been shite and slow!

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
I watched Havertz closely from the stands. He has literally no drive. Each time he got the ball he wanted to lay it off. He has no pace at all to take a ball and run with it. Hard to know whether it is that he has zero belief. He looks totally bereft.
Looked just as bad watching him on the telly. Can someone tell me one football quality this bloke has. I see nuffink !. Well done Eddie - 3rd goal was magic.
Can we play this lot every week ! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:37 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:07 pm
That Havertz is really fucking shit! Everything he did today was diabolical or rather shit.
Or Diabolical Shit.

He could be forgiven for being nervous and / or unconfident after his time with the Chavs and coming to a Bigger Club, but simply hasn't Turned Up, he doesn't even have a Languid Body Language, he just doesn't move with any purpose, on three separate occasions today Saka passed the ball into space for him to run onto and he DIDN'T fucking MOVE!. As if to say put the ball to my feet or whatever.

Every time he challenges for the ball it is totally half-hearted. To add insult to injury there are players like Trossard, ESR, Jorginho, Reiss Nelson; even Vieira who are desperate to play but remain on the bench and out contention for starting selection whilst he continually gets picked by Arteta. So yes, that is down to the manager and his inability to accept that he fucked up in bringing him to the club, But Havertz or as TeeCee(?) said Havoc just doesn't fit in with the teams playing style, work-rate and tactics and just wanders through the game like one of the Walking Dead.
Spot on...looks disinterested even when he scored that penalty very reluctant to celebrate

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:34 pm
Good win against an absolutely pathetic side - the worst I think I've ever seen in the PL, and it's now one point from ten games

Havertz was absolutely awful. I've tried defending the bloke but today was his chance against cannon fodder - that was the sort of game where players like Ozil used to turn it on against Mickey Mouse rubbish (before hiding in the big games), but I barely noticed him all game

Raya had fuck all to do but managed some better kicks - aided of course by the fact that the opposition put zero pressure on him for the entire match.

A good confidence booster for Nketiah. In fairness the roll and finish for the first and the shot for the third were fantastic.

We didn't need to break sweat did we and for the likes of ESR and Kiwior, a good chance to get minutes in their legs. Saka didn't especially impress me either and why we didn't give Trossard a go, is beyond me. One can only hope he starts in the League Cup
They didn’t even attempt to kick lumps out if us :shock: :shock:

Just seemed happy at 1-0 to lose, as we were having all the possession but not exactly peppering them with shots bar Martinelli’s rasper, then resigned to defeat as more goals went in.

Kiwor played well, but was hardly tested
ESR played okay with out impressing, hopefully a full game v West Ham in the week will get him further up to speed / fitness.

Trossard is a player I really like, he didn’t get goal or assist but he does drive forward with the ball as opposed to playing backwards.

Glad Vieira, Nelson, Elneny got some minutes, all should play v West Ham

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:20 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Looked just as bad watching him on the telly. Can someone tell me one football quality this bloke has. I see nuffink !. Well done Eddie - 3rd goal was magic.

Re Havertz

Some say his hold up play / ariel ability but I’ve not witnessed it yet.

His control / pace / passing / vision are all bang average

The only thing of note he did yesterday was to get brought down when “running” to give the Sheff Utd player a booking.

He occasionally sweeps a lanky leg out to win a loose ball but that is it so far in 10 matches …..not a greet return.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:46 pm
Ray C wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Re Havertz

The only thing of note he did yesterday was to get brought down when “running” to give the Sheff Utd player a booking.

He occasionally sweeps a lanky leg out to win a loose ball but that is it so far in 10 matches …..not a greet return.

Tbh Stuart, I think "bang average" is quite an over-estimation. He's dire, actually even worse than I thought and I thought he was pretty desperate at the chavs.

Arteta needs to take the awful decision to blow £65m on this bloke on the chin and put him up for sale. We'd obviously lose fortunes, because we'd be lucky to get £20m for him, but that's on Arteta. We might be able to mug some German side into taking him.

Arteta is lucky that the Kroenkes know fuck all about football, because an owner with even half an idea would surely have Arteta in their office and give him an absolute bollocking over this unforgivable decision. As others have said on here, we paid a bit more for Pepe, but he came with some sort of pedigree, as flawed as that turned out to be. Havertz came with a three year record of complete under achievement. Utter joke of a signing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:13 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:46 pm
Ray C wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Re Havertz

Tbh Stuart, I think "bang average" is quite an over-estimation. He's dire, actually even worse than I thought and I thought he was pretty desperate at the chavs.

Arteta needs to take the awful decision to blow £65m on this bloke on the chin and put him up for sale. We'd obviously lose fortunes, because we'd be lucky to get £20m for him, but that's on Arteta. We might be able to mug some German side into taking him.

Arteta is lucky that the Kroenkes know fuck all about football, because an owner with even half an idea would surely have Arteta in their office and give him an absolute bollocking over this unforgivable decision. As others have said on here, we paid a bit more for Pepe, but he came with some sort of pedigree, as flawed as that turned out to be. Havertz came with a three year record of complete under achievement. Utter joke of a signing.

And £20 mill is being optimistic mate...I think the only kind of club to be willing to spend that would be a German club.
I totally agree that he is even worse than we all feared. We are 10 games in and he was 'gifted' the opportunity of a Penalty to try and boost his confidence etc and even that Organised ploy hasn't worked. Put quite simply not only does he look "Afraid" to do anything and take a chance to do something, but he looks totally out of his depth. It's a real bummer because had he been any good it would be a positive for us.

£65Million spunked down the pan and That is all on Arteta because he made a Big Deal about Wanting him. To think we could have had numerous other players for less.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Good to see us give a team a stuffing for once.