Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

What we already knew, but the evidence is only now beginning to see the light of day:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67300638

Secret $40m deal links Abramovich to Putin's 'wallets’

Leaked documents reveal a money trail linking oligarch Roman Abramovich to two men dubbed "wallets" of President Vladimir Putin.
The former Chelsea Football Club owner has been sanctioned by the UK and EU but has previously denied any financial relationship with the Russian leader.
Now, leaked documents from Cyprus reveal new evidence linking him to a secret $40m (£26m) deal in 2010.
Mr Abramovich has not responded to requests for comment from the BBC.
The secret deal transferred shares in a highly profitable Russian advertising company, Video International - for less than they appeared to be worth - from companies ultimately owned by a trust connected with Mr Abramovich, to two members of Putin's inner circle. They in turn received millions of dollars in dividends.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:07 pm
BBC:

What we already knew, but the evidence is only now beginning to see the light of day:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67300638

Secret $40m deal links Abramovich to Putin's 'wallets’

Leaked documents reveal a money trail linking oligarch Roman Abramovich to two men dubbed "wallets" of President Vladimir Putin.
The former Chelsea Football Club owner has been sanctioned by the UK and EU but has previously denied any financial relationship with the Russian leader.
Now, leaked documents from Cyprus reveal new evidence linking him to a secret $40m (£26m) deal in 2010.
Mr Abramovich has not responded to requests for comment from the BBC.
The secret deal transferred shares in a highly profitable Russian advertising company, Video International - for less than they appeared to be worth - from companies ultimately owned by a trust connected with Mr Abramovich, to two members of Putin's inner circle. They in turn received millions of dollars in dividends.
If there was true justice in this world - and there isn't - the chav$ would have every trophy they bought with the gangster's money stripped from them. They are the embodiment of a truly disgusting era in the game's history that now keeps going with the pimped little nothing clubs like citeh and the spurs of the north, Newcastle. :roll: :x

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Knew this was going on, the PL have no shame in who they let in.

A bit like everything else in the UK - sold off to the highest bidder no matter who they are or what the long term consequences might be.

I bet this gets swept under a very big carpet just like the Etihad charges, image more important than fairness or justice.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So at long last the chickens are coming home to roost or whatever the fucking term is!

Everton looking like they could be deducted points ; which surely would mean their relegation (*)

The Chavs previous owner Abramovich (EvilCunt) has (again) at last been proven to be a BIG Buddy of the warmongering Stalin copyingCunt Putin thePedo - They should have any and all Titles / Trophies won during his ownership Stripped and removed from the records.

And of course the 115 indictments which were named against $hitty way back in February seem to have evaporated into the air; probably because the club have been hiring the Top Lawyers available AND ensuring plenty of Brown Envelopes and Top Rolexes and Aston Martins have been delivered to those with any say in the matter.

(*) It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Everton get hammered, but the Chavs and $hitty walk away scot-free. It's called "CORRUPTION" and until the FA, PGMOL are Investigated fully by an independent body who cannot be bought (FBI???) there is fuck all any of us fans can do about it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So it would seem that McD was right... Everton to be deducted Ten Points! :D :dance: :dance: :dance:

augie

Post by augie »

Not sure where to put this tbh

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... st-27.html

I know that it is a tragedy for the poor girls family, but why does something like this always have to be someone's else's fault ? Seems to me that the family are looking to hang this on the club or someone in particular, but unless they know something for a fact that just seems like fishing or looking for payout. Top level sport (even womens) is a high pressure enviroment and some survive and thrive, whilst others sadly cannot handle the pressure involved and cave in - if this girl was bullied or something like that then obviously that is unacceptable, but if it was just a case of being in a high pressure job, then sorry that was her choice and it isnt a business where sensitivity and making allowances helps players improve

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:31 am

I know that it is a tragedy for the poor girls family, but why does something like this always have to be someone's else's fault ? Seems to me that the family are looking to hang this on the club or someone in particular, but unless they know something for a fact that just seems like fishing or looking for payout. Top level sport (even womens) is a high pressure enviroment and some survive and thrive, whilst others sadly cannot handle the pressure involved and cave in - if this girl was bullied or something like that then obviously that is unacceptable, but if it was just a case of being in a high pressure job, then sorry that was her choice and it isnt a business where sensitivity and making allowances helps players improve
Poor choice of words there, squire!

augie

Post by augie »

Kingralph wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:19 pm
augie wrote:

Did she hang herself ? Honest to god I did not know that :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:02 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:19 pm
augie wrote:

Did she hang herself ? Honest to god I did not know that :oops: :oops:
No worries augie. It wasn't revealed in anything I read either.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is why (for me) Stats are a load of Bollocks:

BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67587754

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag says goalkeeper Andre Onana is the Premier League's second-best goalkeeper "based on stats".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:14 pm

BBC:

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag says goalkeeper Andre Onana is the Premier League's second-best goalkeeper "based on stats".
The day Wenger announced that fucking Legohead Denilson was the "best passer in the PL based on stats" was the day I knew he had fucking lost it. :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I am not too sure that Ten Hag ever had it to lose.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:17 pm
I am not too sure that Ten Hag ever had it to lose.
:lol:

So true, mate.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:43 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

BBC:

The day Wenger announced that fucking Legohead Denilson was the "best passer in the PL based on stats" was the day I knew he had fucking lost it. :roll:
Who can ever forget; and I wish I could, that Wednesday night game at the bowl against one of the Orc teams from Oop Norrth when the (even then VERY FAT) ref John moss went Wobbling past Denilson who was tracking... sorry "strolling" back after the ball he had just given away which lead to them scoring...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:20 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:43 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

BBC:

Who can ever forget; and I wish I could, that Wednesday night game at the bowl against one of the Orc teams from Oop Norrth when the (even then VERY FAT) ref John moss went Wobbling past Denilson who was tracking... sorry "strolling" back after the ball he had just given away which lead to them scoring...
Yep, and with that stupid half grin on his face.... IIRC it was manure? :banghead: