The Romford Pele and England......

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

The Romford Pele and England......

Post by TeeCee »

Not sure if people have seen this but it made me laugh out loud......Wrighty was talking to a Sky Sports podcast when he told the story about why Parlour was dropped from Hoddles England squad when the former Spud was manager....

Wright revealed on the Stick to Football podcast, brought to you by Sky Bet : “[On England team faith healer, Eileen Drewery] The boss [Glenn Hoddle] got very spiritual and irate if you weren’t up for it [seeing the faith healer]. I remember Ray Parlour got blown out by him because he never takes anything seriously, and when you go in [to see the faith healer] you're sat there and she comes behind you and hovers her hand over you, and Ray Parlour said, ‘short back and sides please’ – she told Glen Hoddle and Ray was out [the squad].”

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love the Pele !!!

xgtdec

Re: The Romford Pele and England......

Post by xgtdec »

and he was spot on...faith healer.......these days she'd be in to tell you that her pronouns are she/her and she wont tolerate any micro aggression , on yer bike love!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:52 pm
Not sure if people have seen this but it made me laugh out loud......Wrighty was talking to a Sky Sports podcast when he told the story about why Parlour was dropped from Hoddles England squad when the former Spud was manager....

Wright revealed on the Stick to Football podcast, brought to you by Sky Bet : “[On England team faith healer, Eileen Drewery] The boss [Glenn Hoddle] got very spiritual and irate if you weren’t up for it [seeing the faith healer]. I remember Ray Parlour got blown out by him because he never takes anything seriously, and when you go in [to see the faith healer] you're sat there and she comes behind you and hovers her hand over you, and Ray Parlour said, ‘short back and sides please’ – she told Glen Hoddle and Ray was out [the squad].”

Romford has been telling that brilliant story for years. Surprised you are only hearing it now! :lol:

Glenda and his faith healer. :oops: Nearly as bad as his view that disabled people deserved it because they must have done something bad in a previous life. :oops: :roll:

An utter fucking wánker and ex scum too so a complete and utter fucking wánker. :censored:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:52 pm

Yeah Ray told that story at an after dinner speach he gave at one of my old clubs, funny thing was when he was walking through tables to do the speach he walked straight past everyone and up to me and said alright mate, my brother was stood next to me, he never offered him lol, my brother looked at me and said, you wanker :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Not being picked for an England squad when he was the best English player in the country in 1998 because the manager believed in the power of faith healers was absolutely fucking ridiculous and still is.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

It really made me laugh, I hadn't heard it before. I left UK many years ago so don't always hear things when they come out now! :D

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:50 am
It really made me laugh, I hadn't heard it before. I left UK many years ago so don't always hear things when they come out now! :D
20 years behind the times eh

Must be like living in Dublin 🤪

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:30 am
TeeCee wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:50 am
20 years behind the times eh

Must be like living in Dublin 🤪
:lol:

Steady on tiger, you are talking about the techie capital of Europe. :box:

Unfortunately, as was clearly demonstrated last night, we are also the urban scum capital of Europe. :oops: