VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: VAR

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:05 pm
Here's the audio of that goal from the gay beheaders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSgsgq46aI

A few things to mention straight away. Firstly, they make no effort to find an angle to show whether the ball is in or out and it is clearly out because when they go a few frames forward, it's clearly moved on to the line so it must have been out before. Then, they notice that there has been a push on Gabriel but not enough if a push. So they've come up with a brand new law there. Nothing in the laws about how strong a push has to be. They've just decided that it's not enough of a push to push Gabriel forward. That's not in the fucking laws, you incompetent cúnts. It's a fucking push and you've admitted seeing it, so stop there because it's a foul. Then, fucking hell, the mess of that offside. Fucking fuck me. They make an effort to find the exact moment that Joelinton makes contact with the ball, which then shows the other one clearly offside but then claim that they can't be sure of the point of contact despite the frame showing exactly that. They fucking freeze it and move it around and it's the same fucking moment but for some reason claim that they can't tell when the contact was made. And then to top it all off, in yet another display of complete and utter fucking incompetence, one of the silly pricks claims he's clearly onside and doesn't know the fucking laws of the game when there is one defender behind the goalkeeper. Fucking hell. They don't know the fucking laws of the game and fucking hell, there are three, if not, four- including a handball which they just dismiss without even looking at- reasons to disallow the goal. It's nothing but incompetence and cheating. They wanted to give that goal and had to find reasons to dismiss any evidence showing that they had to rule it out. And finally, at 1:46, does someone, possibly the referee shout out something along the lines of " Longy, think about what your putting your tits on?" Fucking hell, it's all a complete fucking disgrace.
VAR needs to be dropped now. It has ruined the game. We now spend more time talking about three arseholes in a little room miles from the game than we do the game! We have lost the genuine unbridled joy of celebrating a goal - which was one of the great joys in life, that sudden burst of happiness and adrenaline is now a dread laden wait of anywhere from one minute to 7 minutes.

SteveO will tell you it's a conspiracy at the FA and the PL and the likes of me are dinosaurs stuck in our ways, afraid of technology. I and many like me will tell you the problem with VAR is it is run by either corrupt or incompetent cùnts or both.

But the reason it does not work is no way near as important or impactful as the fact that it does not work.

The system has ruined the enjoyment of the game without adding enough to justify it. So what if it has gotten a few high profile decisions correct after a ref or lino has made a mistake. It has failed to make the right call - for whatever reason - far too often to be justified.

I truly and honestly enjoyed watching football far more before VAR was introduced. Now I struggle to enjoy any game and end up feeling bored and cheated to some extent after nearly every match.

The problem is we are still relying on a human to make those calls and they are still making them incorrectly a huge amount of the time. I'd rather have a ref or lino make a mistake and we get on with the game than sit around for 5 minutes so some idiot can watch a load of replays and draw a heap of lines and still get it wrong!

I've always said VAR does not work in football because it is too quick a sport. It's the pace and power of the game that makes it the wonderful spectacle it used to be. Fucking homo erotic rugger bugger ball and cricket are so slow that their versions of VAR don't really impact them. But VAR has killed football.

I also have always believed that just because you can do something does not automatically mean you should.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

You need to change that Post into Letter Form DB and send it to The FA the PGMOL & that useless/corruptCunt Webb. Your best post in quite a while mate. :cheers:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:15 am

A few things to mention straight away. Firstly, they make no effort to find an angle to show whether the ball is in or out and it is clearly out because when they go a few frames forward, it's clearly moved on to the line so it must have been out before. Then, they notice that there has been a push on Gabriel but not enough if a push. So they've come up with a brand new law there. Nothing in the laws about how strong a push has to be. They've just decided that it's not enough of a push to push Gabriel forward. That's not in the fucking laws, you incompetent cúnts. It's a fucking push and you've admitted seeing it, so stop there because it's a foul. Then, fucking hell, the mess of that offside. Fucking fuck me. They make an effort to find the exact moment that Joelinton makes contact with the ball, which then shows the other one clearly offside but then claim that they can't be sure of the point of contact despite the frame showing exactly that. They fucking freeze it and move it around and it's the same fucking moment but for some reason claim that they can't tell when the contact was made. And then to top it all off, in yet another display of complete and utter fucking incompetence, one of the silly pricks claims he's clearly onside and doesn't know the fucking laws of the game when there is one defender behind the goalkeeper. Fucking hell. They don't know the fucking laws of the game and fucking hell, there are three, if not, four- including a handball which they just dismiss without even looking at- reasons to disallow the goal. It's nothing but incompetence and cheating. They wanted to give that goal and had to find reasons to dismiss any evidence showing that they had to rule it out. And finally, at 1:46, does someone, possibly the referee shout out something along the lines of " Longy, think about what your putting your tits on?" Fucking hell, it's all a complete fucking disgrace.
VAR needs to be dropped now. It has ruined the game. We now spend more time talking about three arseholes in a little room miles from the game than we do the game! We have lost the genuine unbridled joy of celebrating a goal - which was one of the great joys in life, that sudden burst of happiness and adrenaline is now a dread laden wait of anywhere from one minute to 7 minutes.

SteveO will tell you it's a conspiracy at the FA and the PL and the likes of me are dinosaurs stuck in our ways, afraid of technology. I and many like me will tell you the problem with VAR is it is run by either corrupt or incompetent cùnts or both.

But the reason it does not work is no way near as important or impactful as the fact that it does not work.

The system has ruined the enjoyment of the game without adding enough to justify it. So what if it has gotten a few high profile decisions correct after a ref or lino has made a mistake. It has failed to make the right call - for whatever reason - far too often to be justified.

I truly and honestly enjoyed watching football far more before VAR was introduced. Now I struggle to enjoy any game and end up feeling bored and cheated to some extent after nearly every match.

The problem is we are still relying on a human to make those calls and they are still making them incorrectly a huge amount of the time. I'd rather have a ref or lino make a mistake and we get on with the game than sit around for 5 minutes so some idiot can watch a load of replays and draw a heap of lines and still get it wrong!

I've always said VAR does not work in football because it is too quick a sport. It's the pace and power of the game that makes it the wonderful spectacle it used to be. Fucking homo erotic rugger bugger ball and cricket are so slow that their versions of VAR don't really impact them. But VAR has killed football.

I also have always believed that just because you can do something does not automatically mean you should.
The most galling thing for me is one of the wankers in the caravan,bearing in mind he’s probably never played football in his life,is when he says,and I quote “there’s 2 hands on Gabriel’s back but I DONT THINK ITS ENOUGH TO MAKE HIM GO DOWN LIKE THAT”,so he’s admitting he’s seen the foul but in his “interpretation” it’s not a foul? But Saka’s was a foul purely because another c unt in a caravan decided THAT was,

Just imagine a judge in a court of law being allowed to interpret laws how he deemed fit,or a traffic copper saying we saw the car jump the red light but the light wasn’t red enough,so we allowed it,it’s total bullshit,soccer ball has become a farce,it’ll be like WWF soon,entertainment not a sport,and it fucking deserves it,a brilliant product destroyed

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:15 am

I originally thought it would stop the biased or incompetent refereeing that we had witnessed particularly at Old Trafford but as you say it is worse and is of no benefit to the game. If that goal was given without Var s intervention I would have still been pissed off but just took it on the chin. Knowing that two men had the time and the technology to see it was not a goal makes it harder to accept. I never thought I would miss the days of "O Graham Poll is a fucking Arsehole " but VAR is now just a time-wasting incompetent waste of space.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Not a foul lol, next week we'll see a softer foul given.. and it was out of play, saying its inconclusive due to the angle is bollocks, that is the angle we have and it is clearly out of play, get a camera on the line then!.

Bunch of pricks, old boys club of northern muppets who just want to protect each other from their constant mistakes rather than improve officiating standards.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:00 pm
Not a foul lol, next week we'll see a softer foul given.. and it was out of play, saying its inconclusive due to the angle is bollocks, that is the angle we have and it is clearly out of play, get a camera on the line then!.

Bunch of pricks, old boys club of northern muppets who just want to protect each other from their constant mistakes rather than improve officiating standards.
Simply another form of Corruption mate.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Prem refs are bad enough but thisCUNT is beyond belief and he is lined up to ref in the next World Cup..

Matej Jug nick-named the Mug. Utterly fuckin Useless.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Big portion of fraud this evening. Let’s hope Wolves don’t get compensated versus us at the weekend.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Bin VAR I am fed up with calling the VAR lot Cvnts it was much better to call the ref or linesman Cvnts and not have to wait five minutes to do it or celebrate a goal

Keep goal line technology except at St James Park

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:25 pm
Big portion of fraud this evening. Let’s hope Wolves don’t get compensated versus us at the weekend.

I've said it a few times lately, but NO TEAM (inc us) has been screwed more than wolves have by var this season - I would think both fulham penalties last night were highly questionable

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Regarding the head butting incident last night in the Fulham game the ref only gave a yellow card because he thought it was only a soft headbutt as opposed to a hard headbutt.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

PGMOL, PL and FA are meeting this week I think to discuss expanding VAR to cover all free kicks, second yellow cards and other things. Games will be 2 hours long!!

I think this could end up needing all fans to boycott going to matches unless they bin VAR. It's probably the only thing that will stop it now.

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:17 pm
PGMOL, PL and FA are meeting this week I think to discuss expanding VAR to cover all free kicks, second yellow cards and other things. Games will be 2 hours long!!

I think this could end up needing all fans to boycott going to matches unless they bin VAR. It's probably the only thing that will stop it now.

When I read that this morning the first thing that popped into my head is that Steve O is correct and that they are doing this to ensure a fan backlash to get rid of var - even as things stand fans are complaining about too many delays, and the poor pampered players and their union are crying about too much injury time leading to more injuries, so making it worse can only lead to a major backlash and they know that

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:45 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:17 pm

When I read that this morning the first thing that popped into my head is that Steve O is correct and that they are doing this to ensure a fan backlash to get rid of var - even as things stand fans are complaining about too many delays, and the poor pampered players and their union are crying about too much injury time leading to more injuries, so making it worse can only lead to a major backlash and they know that
Second yellows will come in because the refs in England are so shit/cowardly/corrupt, that they know they can absolutely refuse to book a player for a foul and there will be no consequence. It's becoming so obvious that they're cheating or cowardly and its influencing too many matches. We saw it recently with that City player against us. Two clear yellows, if not a red and a yellow and nothing happened. Thankfully, it did nothing to prevent us winning but it did mean a rival player wasn't suspended. One again, a change to the existing mess will have to be made because of useless, cheating, corrupt refs who will then of course, complain and still manage to be fucking useless. How much more proof do we need that the refs are fucking shit?