Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:26 pm
goonertux wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:29 pm
Point up there is a decent result but, Jesus, have we got some liabilities in our squad!
Zinchenko has some ability but not as a defender! No idea of tackling or positional sense whatsoever.
Havertz can just do one. Absolute 65m waste of space.
The feather ain’t winning us anything.
Hey-ho. Top at Christmas can’t be bad.
Merry Christmas Gooners!

Wonder was the basque clown bigging him up and pushing him towards the fans this evening ?? :rubchin: :banghead: :banghead: Easy be a hero against shit teams (although he was shit against them too), and its easy for legohead to give it the big un when he scores a goal and proclaims himself a genius for signing him, but will he admit this evening how shit he was ? Will he fcuk :evil: Barring zinchenko there wasnt another player on the pitch as shit as that german dud

I stick my neck out here on occasions and am not afraid to call it as I see it and naturally it frequently results in backlash against me - when we bought those two citeeh players I stated that they are not good enough and there were valid reasons why citeeh were willing to let them join us, but where it was dismissed as negative nonsense for a while, now every Gooner and media hack are highlighting zinchenko's shit defensively and jesus wont score enough goals. This isnt a how right was I post cos several others were saying the same, but rather its a "why if it is so obvious to everyone else can our brainless diet pep not see it ?".
You did. And I agreed re zinchenko but then said he had proved me wrong during our good spell last year. Sadly this season we are seeing it all. He perhaps could do a job in CM but still the tendency to lose it would be dangerous there. He's a diasater waiting to happen at LB.

Still a point at anfield is certainly something I'd have taken before hand and I thought bar the scary first 10 mins of the 2nd half and zinchenkos calamities we didn't give them much and looked quite comfortable and caused them problems but had no cutting edge as ever.

Saliba was immense and Gabriel not far behind.

Oderagard was poor creating little and making risky moves and getting caught.

Rice was good again and we would be lost without him.
White was white. We need 2 new full backs, unless timber can come back.

I didn't think havertz did too bad. Not anything good but not complete garbage.

I thought Eddie did OK when he came in I that he ran around, got back and pressured. Not any goal threat but better than his usual poncing around.

Martinelli was gash. Seemed to give up for a spell in the 2nd half, no end product and was not making any moves to the box when he should have been for crosses coming across gave of goal. Very poor and needs to kick on or could become vulnerable as the end product is key and he hasn't been doing it for a while.

Bench strength week.

2 new full back's, a striker and a non hiding creative midfielder and we would be unstoppable.

Top at Christmas can't complain just the frustration like for many wenger years we are a couple of players away as ever from being a real force.

augie

Re: Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:52 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:26 pm
goonertux wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:29 pm
Point up there is a decent result but, Jesus, have we got some liabilities in our squad!
Zinchenko has some ability but not as a defender! No idea of tackling or positional sense whatsoever.
Havertz can just do one. Absolute 65m waste of space.
The feather ain’t winning us anything.
Hey-ho. Top at Christmas can’t be bad.
Merry Christmas Gooners!

Wonder was the basque clown bigging him up and pushing him towards the fans this evening ?? :rubchin: :banghead: :banghead: Easy be a hero against shit teams (although he was shit against them too), and its easy for legohead to give it the big un when he scores a goal and proclaims himself a genius for signing him, but will he admit this evening how shit he was ? Will he fcuk :evil: Barring zinchenko there wasnt another player on the pitch as shit as that german dud

I stick my neck out here on occasions and am not afraid to call it as I see it and naturally it frequently results in backlash against me - when we bought those two citeeh players I stated that they are not good enough and there were valid reasons why citeeh were willing to let them join us, but where it was dismissed as negative nonsense for a while, now every Gooner and media hack are highlighting zinchenko's shit defensively and jesus wont score enough goals. This isnt a how right was I post cos several others were saying the same, but rather its a "why if it is so obvious to everyone else can our brainless diet pep not see it ?".
You did. And I agreed re zinchenko but then said he had proved me wrong during our good spell last year. Sadly this season we are seeing it all. He perhaps could do a job in CM but still the tendency to lose it would be dangerous there. He's a diasater waiting to happen at LB.

Still a point at anfield is certainly something I'd have taken before hand and I thought bar the scary first 10 mins of the 2nd half and zinchenkos calamities we didn't give them much and looked quite comfortable and caused them problems but had no cutting edge as ever.

Saliba was immense and Gabriel not far behind.

Oderagard was poor creating little and making risky moves and getting caught.

Rice was good again and we would be lost without him.
White was white. We need 2 new full backs, unless timber can come back.

I didn't think havertz did too bad. Not anything good but not complete garbage.

I thought Eddie did OK when he came in I that he ran around, got back and pressured. Not any goal threat but better than his usual poncing around.

Martinelli was gash. Seemed to give up for a spell in the 2nd half, no end product and was not making any moves to the box when he should have been for crosses coming across gave of goal. Very poor and needs to kick on or could become vulnerable as the end product is key and he hasn't been doing it for a while.

Bench strength week.

2 new full back's, a striker and a non hiding creative midfielder and we would be unstoppable.

Top at Christmas can't complain just the frustration like for many wenger years we are a couple of players away as ever from being a real force.

You say that but if I'm smith-rowe and nelson and to a lesser degree trossard and jorginho I would be seriously questioning my future under this basque clown - no matter how shit the likes of havertz, zinchenko, odergod and even saka and martinelli play, they will always get picked ahead of them. Today we had fcuk all from midfield apart from rice and smith-rowe still couldnt get a game. Our two wingers created fcuk all and nelson still didnt get on. We have some quality on the bench (not enough I agree), but the reality is the gormless basque fool plays the same players week after week regardless of form and performances

augie

Post by augie »

Watching motd now and seeing a replay of their 4 v 1 chance and it is alarming how many players sprinted past our gutless captain who made minimal effort to track back - denilson still rightly gets panned by fans after shrek and referee ran past him when manure scored that goal, but honestly today's was every bit as bad from our gutless captain

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Just finished watching this on delay.

Firstly fuck off media c.unts. All I've heard all day is about the Victims going top when they win. Nothing mentioned about us extending our lead if we win :censored: And the Sky commentator is such a fuckbag :censored:

Also fuck off Zinchenko. He is the new Xhaka. His shiteness tonight was unbelievable. Truly fucking horrifying. :banghead: Even though the tramp had him on toast he was wandering all over the pitch, giving the ball away. Is it him or is he following orders?

And Diet Pep can fuck off, because once again his in game management was piss poor. We might be top but his arrogance will come back to haunt us.

Having said all that, we are top of the league, say we are top of the league :barscarf: :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

I actually thought Havertz played okay today. Won quite a bit in the air from long balls. Didn’t do anything spectacular (no surprise there) but wasn’t as sloppy with his passing and didn’t lose possession as much as many of his teammates.

General

Post by General »

That’s two seasons in a row now Zinchenko has fucked us over. Before the goal we were in control and had the bin dippers on the ropes a few times. With better finishing we would’ve been 2 up. We are a completely different outfit to the tactically inept ragtag crew under Wenger.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:56 pm
Watching motd now and seeing a replay of their 4 v 1 chance and it is alarming how many players sprinted past our gutless captain who made minimal effort to track back - denilson still rightly gets panned by fans after shrek and referee ran past him when manure scored that goal, but honestly today's was every bit as bad from our gutless captain
Sorry but I think you're taking your massive Odegaard agenda a bit too far on this specific moment.

He'd just been clattered into by Zinchenko, the Scouse player with the ball was already gone and the 3 Arsenal players who overtook him were already sprinting before he had a chance to get up to speed. :?

https://twitter.com/Gideoomatic/status/ ... 4293631220

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

So many teams will target Zinchenko for the rest of the season. Every time he was level or almost touching Salah, within 1 second he was a yard behind him minimum.
He thinks slow, moves slower and has no defensive intelligence at all (definitely the new Xhaka'). I don't even buy into the 'he's great on the ball' argument, he's not, he's an average midfielder playing out of position every week. If we seriously want to win a big trophy he can't play there regularly, it's madness!

Having said that, I still feel we're winning the league this season, despite him, I see no-one better than us even though we're carrying some dead wood still. :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:43 pm
Fortunate to get away with that 4 on 1 and the pen was surprisingly not given. However we had plenty of chances to make a golden chance. Plenty of players not up to it. The squad seems light to me. Not enough game changers available to come on. Martinelli out of form. Zinchenko has been sussed out big time and appears to be targeted by every team we play.
absolutely right on that one

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Decent result considering the players who don’t show up or who we carry in games like this,but I’d have taken a point here before the game

Maybe we’ve actually turned a corner in the big games,we don’t seem to be getting bullied anymore

MOTD wank1ng about “Trent” hitting 70 yard long balls into the channels for Salah to run past Skinnedchenko,for fucks sake the c unt is a footballer not a milkman,he should be able to hit a pass anywhere,

Anyway Happy Christmas chaps (assuming you all identify as chaps) :barscarf:
Last edited by robbo10 on Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:47 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:00 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:58 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:49 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:43 pm
Fortunate to get away with that 4 on 1 and the pen was surprisingly not given. However we had plenty of chances to make a golden chance. Plenty of players not up to it. The squad seems light to me. Not enough game changers available to come on. Martinelli out of form. Zinchenko has been sussed out big time and appears to be targeted by every team we play.
Incredible how they didn’t score that :shock:

Pen I’d have been livid if we didn’t get it…but apparently these things even themselves out so fuck em

Bad decisions in key moments and we could have got a win

Rice, Saliba and Gabriel all had great games

Havertz 5th booking means he misses West Ham game ( no great loss )

Incidentally their summer signing Kudos was only £38m from Ajax and looks a bargain at half the cost of Havertz
Very tricky game West Ham. They appear to be in form and have decided we are their new enemy. No passengers please. Trossard in for Havertz. I would also try Nelson for Martinelli. He looks dangerous whenever I have seen him feature this season.
Bizzare how every team hate us

Newcastle, Villa, Luton, not just traditional rivals - media try and stoke (lol) things up to create a hostile atmosphere
Every team hates us but gives the likes of Man City a pass. Must be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome because City are holding everyone hostage for sure. You can also add Newcastle to this. Two of the most financially doped clubs ever to exist are looked upon as friendly foes. Some of these cretins that follow other Prem clubs haven’t got a scooby.
its always been like that.....fuck em all....

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:08 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:47 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:00 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:58 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:49 pm

Incredible how they didn’t score that :shock:

Pen I’d have been livid if we didn’t get it…but apparently these things even themselves out so fuck em

Bad decisions in key moments and we could have got a win

Rice, Saliba and Gabriel all had great games

Havertz 5th booking means he misses West Ham game ( no great loss )

Incidentally their summer signing Kudos was only £38m from Ajax and looks a bargain at half the cost of Havertz
Very tricky game West Ham. They appear to be in form and have decided we are their new enemy. No passengers please. Trossard in for Havertz. I would also try Nelson for Martinelli. He looks dangerous whenever I have seen him feature this season.
Bizzare how every team hate us

Newcastle, Villa, Luton, not just traditional rivals - media try and stoke (lol) things up to create a hostile atmosphere
Every team hates us but gives the likes of Man City a pass. Must be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome because City are holding everyone hostage for sure. You can also add Newcastle to this. Two of the most financially doped clubs ever to exist are looked upon as friendly foes. Some of these cretins that follow other Prem clubs haven’t got a scooby.
its always been like that.....fuck em all....
Funnily enough I said the same sort of thing to my pal the other day,I used to have little soft spots for the underdogs but not now,I hate these wanky other clubs like Villa because they seem to hate us for no real reason,we have zero rivalry with them but they jump on the anti Arsenal bandwagon,can’t even stand clubs like Bournemouth or Wolves anymore,fuck them

John F

Post by John F »

Nick Nack wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:38 pm

Firstly fuck off media c.unts. All I've heard all day is about the Victims going top when they win. Nothing mentioned about us extending our lead if we win :censored: And the Sky commentator is such a fuckbag :censored:

Also fuck off Zinchenko. He is the new Xhaka. His shiteness tonight was unbelievable. Truly fucking horrifying. :banghead: Even though the tramp had him on toast he was wandering all over the pitch, giving the ball away. Is it him or is he following orders?

And Diet Pep can fuck off, because once again his in game management was piss poor. We might be top but his arrogance will come back to haunt us.

Having said all that, we are top of the league, say we are top of the league :barscarf: :barscarf:
A bit harsh on Zinchenko Nick. We are all forgetting what is going on in his homeland. It will be on his mind all the time and he must have some guilt that people of his age are being called up to fight while he plays football. If Partey and Timber were fit he would be sitting on the bench. The mistake was Arteta loaning out Tierney and not having an adequate backup plan. He is not a left-back and he would be a lot better player just as a midfielder.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

John F wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:19 am
Nick Nack wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:38 pm

A bit harsh on Zinchenko Nick. We are all forgetting what is going on in his homeland. It will be on his mind all the time and he must have some guilt that people of his age are being called up to fight while he plays football. If Partey and Timber were fit he would be sitting on the bench. The mistake was Arteta loaning out Tierney and not having an adequate backup plan. He is not a left-back and he would be a lot better player just as a midfielder.
sorry mate has fuck all to do with his playing for the Arsenal...if he cant defend and generally is a shit player and costing us points he should be out of the team/club....his defending for their goal was atrocious fuckin apalling
agree with above about Tierney...always liked him

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Wtf did they do to that pitch? lost count of the amount of times our players slipped over, lucky no one did themselves an injury, apart from Tmikas, ironic it was one of their players.

Zinchenko gets away with it against poorer teams , though he is not a LB so hard to blame him too much, clearly he wouldn't be playing this game if either Timber or Tomi was fit.

Kiwior isn't good enough to cover anything other than CB (even then he's a big drop from Saliba/Gabriel), I have a feeling he will be off in the summer, he was always a gamble I thought.

Tomi needs to stay fit when he comes back from that pointless international cup, or we should be looking at replacing him as well, it doesn't matter how good players are (Partey), if they miss half the season every season!.