Fulham Fartpipes A Sun 31st Dec KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Fulham Fartpipes A Sun 31st Dec KO 2pm

Post by rodders999 »

Watching this just makes me sad, hopefully Martinelli just didn’t see it. I’d love to see ESR back to his best and starting games, sadly for whatever reason I can’t see it happening. Seeing him in that clip just makes me depressed.

https://x.com/outofcontextars/status/17 ... cNVBoGD_Fw

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:09 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:07 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:59 pm
Looks like the manager has lost the players.....2 defeats in a week to world beaters,,,west fuckin ham and fulham FFS...... :banghead: :banghead:

absolutely fuckin sick
He hasn't lost the players, the players and the manager are cut from the same cloth. There is no bollockings taking place, no reading of the riot act, no"not on my watch" attitude. They circle the wagons as a unit in scenarios lile this and brush off outside criticism. Win, lose or draw, weak and craven,lazy and indifferent, still one big happy family.Nobody is going anywhere.
Arteta will still tell them they are the best in the world,he’s not a manager he’s their mate,with his favourite’s,and that’s why we’re falling apart,
yes agree...he seriously thinks hes there mate...a manager cant be both....but then again hes a novice never really learnt his trade
but today again appalling bad...still think the senior players such as Rice realise he dont know what hes doing

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:28 pm
First to the ball, strong in the tackle, working hard for each other, plenty of swift. attacking play

That’s Fulham

Our slow, pomderous, walking football does not work - it’s too intricate and easy to defend against.

He needs to abandon it now before it’s too late ( but obviously won’t )

They didn’t even double up on Saka as they didn’t need to.
Agreed Fulham looked like the team wanting a win to go top...shambolic.....disgrace...words that come to mind

suppose all out clubbing tonite...bar White who is staying in to paint his nails...wanker

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

On a positive note the self-harm is done early this year, not sure I could have taken another cock-tease until the last 5 again.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:46 pm
Watching this just makes me sad, hopefully Martinelli just didn’t see it. I’d love to see ESR back to his best and starting games, sadly for whatever reason I can’t see it happening. Seeing him in that clip just makes me depressed.

not sure how he could miss it in fairness, but then he did sit down with the air of "who does this prick think he is taking me off" even though he's pratically stunk the place out for 70 minutes........i guess being forced to play with Kai and Eddie will do that to you!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Linighans there!! wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:01 pm
One OK season in 20 years, ridiculous. Then give a ball boy the managers job.

Like putting a tescos shelf filler in charge of harrods

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No matter how bad it gets on the pitch, I fucking love this place.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I've zero respect for anyone in any walk of life who refuses to adjust and accept the need for change. Wanker refused to do so as his arrogance( due to previous success) made him believe his own bs. Arteta on the other hand has done zero to earn this arrogance and it's showing with all the cracks appearing.
It doesn't take a footballing genius to know that having the same tactical approach every week is not a recipe for success. Why not try something different today, maybe start Giorginho and have Rice playing in a more attacking midfield role or try two up top instead of the same predictable approach of getting it to Saka or Martinelli and hoping they win the game for you. Arteta is like a learning driver driving a formula 1 car, and it's obvious how out of his depth he is.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:28 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:00 pm
Eerily similar to the collapse last season when every player’s form bombed at the same time just when we needed them most.

Saka, Odegaard and Martinelli are stinking the place up week after week after week. Eddie starts today - awful. On comes Jesus and Trossard - worse.

Havertz awful and most worrying of all today was Rice and Saliba, the 2 dependables were shocking too.

The fucking horseshoe passing death spiral of doom is back in a big way and is fucking would destroying to watch.

There was still 30+ minutes to go when Fulham scored but at no point did you ever think we were getting back into it. Mind numbing passing for passing’s sake and we just ran down the clock :suicide:

Yeah we did Fulham’s job for them, just keep passing while the clock keeps ticking.

Rice apart, who by his standards was poor today , nobody centrally, takes the ball forwards.
Last time I looked the goal was in the middle.

All that promise form last season has been thrown away by a massive overhaul that wasn’t needed, just a better player than Xhaka, to defend and contribute ( not hard ) and Rice to solidify the defence when required.
Totally agree, when Clive went and we got Rice and Timber in I truly thought we would 'Kick On' and with the dynamism and fluid attacking play we showed last season I (foolishly) thought things could only improve, especially with ESR fit again and Trossard more integrated into the squad and system of play. But with the tactical changes (and the inclusion of Havertz to be a permanent part of that) It has Slowed everything... and made us more vulnerable at the back. The flair and cohesion we had has all but disappeared and that is down to one person and one person alone: Arteta.

Why try and fix what wasn't broken (Free Flowing Attacking football)

Today was the worst I have seen us play this season and Arteta had no answers (in game management is a HUGE and Important part of the game and he had no answers). The departure of Steve Round (assistant manager) came out of the blue, I'm wondering if that had or has anything to do with the change in playing style & tactics and so our going backwards this season?

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Jesus Christ that was appalling yesterday.

Slow, boring crab football at its worst. It was slower than a geriatrics day out to Eastbourne :banghead:

Everything that needs to be said has been covered in the thread, but Holy shit we were abysmal.

I do wonder if there is stuff going on behind the scenes, not only was there the ESR Martinelli stuff, but also Rice and Gabriel having words. Could be nothing but you get the feeling things aren't right. Worse thing with this form would be a dressing room of cliques.

I need a couple of liveners this morning, a bit like the team really :drunk:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nick Nack wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:32 am
Jesus Christ that was appalling yesterday.

Slow, boring crab football at its worst. It was slower than a geriatrics day out to Eastbourne :banghead:

Everything that needs to be said has been covered in the thread, but Holy shit we were abysmal.

I do wonder if there is stuff going on behind the scenes, not only was there the ESR Martinelli stuff, but also Rice and Gabriel having words. Could be nothing but you get the feeling things aren't right. Worse thing with this form would be a dressing room of cliques.

I need a couple of liveners this morning, a bit like the team really :drunk:
If it had been one incident of Rice and Gabriel having heated words with each other I'd not be concerned. But I saw them exchange angry words on three occasions yesterday. That says to me that there is some doubt in their minds as to what their and their team mates duties are. And that would be down to the manager seeding doubt in the players. Yes, of course I could be over reading it, and I hope I am, but it concerns me tbh.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

A few angry words isn't a bad thing.

It's certainly better than everyone pussyfooting around each other

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Just looking at the stat Nekitah had 24 touches of the ball in 90 mins apparently.... :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:46 pm

Watched it a few times. I don't think he is intentionally snubbing ESR. I think Martinelli has the red mist from frustration and genuinely did not see the hand offered.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:33 pm
A few angry words isn't a bad thing.

It's certainly better than everyone pussyfooting around each other
If its a few angry words to motivate yep absolutely. But - to me at least - it looked like they were blaming each other and, if that is the case, that is bad. Who knows?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm
Just looking at the stat Nekitah had 24 touches of the ball in 90 mins apparently.... :rubchin:
I expect 2 of them were kick offs