ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:38 pm
I'd break the bank for Evan Ferguson.

Lautaro Martinez's numbers are becoming more very impressive with each season. Is he the new Aguero?
He is still relatively young I think (Martinez) and fits in with getting players with the same surname as ex players, not sure how tall. / good in the air he is, will he be able to hold up the ball when faced with a hairy-arsed 6’2 defender?

What about Gibbs-White 2 for the price of one

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just been thinking about teams that have been in our position in the past and what they've done. Got me thinking about Ferguson and going for Cantona and Cole to improve areas that were holding them back, George Graham getting Limpar and Marwood in for those seasons when we won the league and they added something we didn't have before. Right now, we need a striker so fucking go and get one. If it means shipping out the never-will-be Nketiah and taking a chance, so be it. If we come out of this window without a proper striker, we will finish 4th at best. I'm not sure, Ivan Toney is the answer but if he's the best bet, fucking get it done and offer them 50m plus Nketiah. If you want Evan Ferguson or Ollie Watkins, offer them 50m plus Nketiah and ESR.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:23 pm
Just been thinking about teams that have been in our position in the past and what they've done. Got me thinking about Ferguson and going for Cantona and Cole to improve areas that were holding them back, George Graham getting Limpar and Marwood in for those seasons when we won the league and they added something we didn't have before. Right now, we need a striker so fucking go and get one. If it means shipping out the never-will-be Nketiah and taking a chance, so be it. If we come out of this window without a proper striker, we will finish 4th at best. I'm not sure, Ivan Toney is the answer but if he's the best bet, fucking get it done and offer them 50m plus Nketiah. If you want Evan Ferguson or Ollie Watkins, offer them 50m plus Nketiah and ESR.
Why would any of those sides want Nketiah?

Perryashburtongroves

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:50 pm
No idea but really, as long as he's somewhere else and their concern, I'm not too fussed.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:03 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
No idea but really, as long as he's somewhere else and their concern, I'm not too fussed.
On £100k a week? Never gonna happen.

Perryashburtongroves

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:22 pm
Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:03 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
On £100k a week? Never gonna happen.
Yep. And here we are again. Bang average players on huge wages. It's starting to ring a few unwanted bells.

Midz

Post by Midz »

C'mon the transfer window is open and we haven't done anything. I'm sure I'll be typing the same sentence at the end of January. :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨🔴⚪️ EXCL: Arsenal are advancing to final stages of negotiations for Takehiro Tomiyasu’s new long term contract with salary rise. It’s getting closer.

🇯🇵 Understand Tomiyasu will not leave Arsenal in January.

He’s 100% part of #AFC plans despite links with Italian clubs move.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Isak has the best mins per goal stats in the league

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:17 pm
🚨🔴⚪️ EXCL: Arsenal are advancing to final stages of negotiations for Takehiro Tomiyasu’s new long term contract with salary rise. It’s getting closer.

I still can't work out what anyone sees in this bloke - honest to god he was fucking awful again yesterday. An utter waste of a substitution and god knows why Kiwior would stay a minute longer when this walking disaster plays shite every week and gets a thumping new deal

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:

He had a few good games when he first joined but has been shite and a crock ever since.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Thynker wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm
Isak has the best mins per goal stats in the league
There was quite a lot of talk at the time of his move that we were keen in him up top.

Instead we settled for Eddie :barscarf:
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Palace were interested in Eddie a couple years back and we did nothing then. Now that gift horse has ridden up again please, please Arsenal give Palace what they want. We'll never get anyone else offer money for the dead-weight. Take this chance while you can.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:34 pm
Palace were interested in Eddie a couple years back and we did nothing then. Now that gift horse has ridden up again please, please Arsenal give Palace what they want. We'll never get anyone else offer money for the dead-weight. Take this chance while you can.
Especially if we could somehow convince them to let us have Michael Olise as part of the deal :D

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:13 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

He had a few good games when he first joined but has been shite and a crock ever since.
I hope his salary is based on availability, no point paying him a fortune when/if he's out for 30-50% of the season, as he usually is.

Partey is probably on the equivalent of £600k a week given how often he plays.

😬