Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:35 am
Oh christ we're wearing the all white anti knife crime kit again for this one, that went well last time.
apparently knife crime is down around 95% since we wore the white shirt last time...fuckin amazing....

Gunner Rob

Re: Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Oh christ we're wearing the all white anti knife crime kit again for this one, that went well last time.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Which brainless idiot is behind this nonsense.

Only way to start cutting knife crime is to stop closing all the youth centres so that the youngsters actually have something to do instead of knifing each other

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:28 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Absolutely ridiculous.

Only way to start cutting knife crime is to stop closing all the youth centres so that the youngsters actually have something to do instead of knifing each other

I never went to youth clubs when I was a youngster, but played football and other sports. I'd meet up with my mates, might generally fuck about, or go to the pictures or something. Sometimes if bored at home, I might even read a book!

We weren't angels, but what it never crossed our minds to do, despite not going to a youth club, was to go out and stab someone.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Absolutely ridiculous.

Youth centers.?..a bit naive im afraid....just thinking could be a multitude of other factors involved

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I used to go to a youth club in the early 60's but only because they had a football team . Spent a lot of time playing 5 a side and table tennis. However the only time that there was a chance of a dust up was if the Somers Town mob turned up but there were never knives involved. I seem to remember a bottle and a brick or a walking stick was about the limit.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:22 pm
I used to go to a youth club in the early 60's but only because they had a football team . Spent a lot of time playing 5 a side and table tennis. However the only time that there was a chance of a dust up was if the Somers Town mob turned up but there were never knives involved. I seem to remember a bottle and a brick or a walking stick was about the limit.
your always going to get that...highlight of our school term was having a ruck with the nearest other schools...

John F

Post by John F »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:06 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
t
Absolutely ridiculous.

I never went to youth clubs when I was a youngster, but played football and other sports. I'd meet up with my mates, might generally fuck about, or go to the pictures or something. Sometimes if bored at home, I might even read a book!

We weren't angels, but what it never crossed our minds to do, despite not going to a youth club, was to go out and stab someone.
If there is a culture of carrying knives then it is very hard to put an end to it. I think Glasgow had some success with several agencies and approaches coming together.
Last edited by John F on Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:34 pm
A11M11 wrote:
your always going to get that...highlight of our school term was having a ruck with the nearest other schools...
WOW! So the Teachers joined in as well! 8) :D

We used to have a regular Annual Tear-Up with our local rivals... The "Rock Cakes" (Roman Catholics) with the "Proddies" (Protestants), we used to share the same playing fields: Football & Rugby Pitches and Racing Track. So whenever the Footie or Rugby Teams played each other it was guaranteed Carnage. Even the parents were Fighting along with the Priest and the Vicar... :D :box: <sigh> Those were the days! :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
The other school on a school trip was always good fun too, especially if it started in the car park with the finger and wánk signs from the coach windows. I remember going to The British Mueuem and one kid from my class hiding in Egypitan bathtub or something after a couple of kids that he'd had a run-in with came looking for him during that bit when the teachers let you look around the museum on your own. And there was always some twat who knew a few of the 'other school' and kept going on about how they were 'OK actually'. Even though we played FA Cup games in our normal kits in those days, nobody got stabbed or anything.

John F

Post by John F »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:32 pm
Redarmy wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
The other school on a school trip was always good fun too, especially if it started in the car park with the finger and wánk signs from the coach windows. I remember going to The British Mueuem and one kid from my class hiding in Egypitan bathtub or something after a couple of kids that he'd had a run-in with came looking for him during that bit when the teachers let you look around the museum on your own. And there was always some twat who knew a few of the 'other school' and kept going on about how they were 'OK actually'. Even though we played FA Cup games in our normal kits in those days, nobody got stabbed or anything.
He could have run to his Mummy :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

John F wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:58 pm
Redarmy wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
I think he was in d'nile about the whole thing. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:19 pm
John F wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
I think he was in d'nile about the whole thing. :roll:
That's one river of thought, although it might just be a Stream of Consciousness.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

One of the biggest factors in knife crime (and general gang culture), is missing father figures, especially in certain 'communities', but we're not allowed to talk about that for fear of upsetting the woke brigade and getting cancelled.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

John F wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
:D :D :D

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:06 am
One of the biggest factors in knife crime (and general gang culture), is missing father figures, especially in certain 'communities', but we're not allowed to talk about that for fear of upsetting the woke brigade and getting cancelled.

Absolutely - give benefits and flats or houses to single mothers, and then you have an incentive for girls to have kids with as many willing lads as she wants :roll: Its common now to see a woman with 3 or 4 kids and all from different fathers - does the various governments and woke brigade not expect that to have a negative effect on kids upbringing ??