ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

As reported by @sachatavolieri and @PJCalcoen, Arsenal are exploring a deal for Amadou Onana. w/ @LukeThrower45

Expectations of around £50m are steep as Arsenal try to deal with Profit and Sustainability rules. Everton financial situation could help.

augie

Post by augie »

Honestly I wouldnt give this cock another penny to spend in the transfer market - he has wasted a scandalous amount in the past 4 years as it is :roll: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Yay, lets sign another midfielder....and a non scoring one at that. Just what's needed right now

Take off the mask Mikel so we can see Arsene underneath. Its uncanny now. The world says 'centre forward' so I say ' central midfielder'.

As I said a couple of pages back, if it isn't a centre forward who can score or a full back who can defend, I ain't interested in the slightest

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

We need to prioritise signing Victor Osimhen from Napoli in the summer. An out-and-out top-drawer striker, 25 and approaching his prime. Chelsea are also sniffing around (as they always are) but It will help if we are at least able to offer him Champions' League football next year, which is now our realistic target.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/08/chelsea- ... -20081592/

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:17 pm
We need to prioritise signing Victor Osimhen from Napoli in the summer. An out-and-out top-drawer striker, 25 and approaching his prime. Chelsea are also sniffing around (as they always are) but It will help if we are at least able to offer him Champions' League football next year, which is now our realistic target.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/08/chelsea- ... -20081592/
The thing is what a position we were in LAST summer. We had just narrowly missed out on the title. I am sure we would have been an attractive option for the top strikers in the world. Doubt we will be this summer

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:40 pm
Yay, lets sign another midfielder....and a non scoring one at that. Just what's needed right now

Take off the mask Mikel so we can see Arsene underneath. Its uncanny now. The world says 'centre forward' so I say ' central midfielder'.

As I said a couple of pages back, if it isn't a centre forward who can score or a full back who can defend, I ain't interested in the slightest
Don't worry SteveO, I'm sure he has a team of people scouting 24 hours a day, working day and night to find the best players.

We'll probably end up with Sanogo's goat herding uncle :roll:

Either that or internal solutions :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nick Nack wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:44 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Don't worry SteveO, I'm sure he has a team of people scouting 24 hours a day, working day and night to find the best players.

Either that mate or a relative of "super super top top quality" Park or Chamakh. I hoped the days of signing absolute helmets like that were long behind us but fuck me if we wasted a wedge of cash on Onana we'd be back there in a shot

The ghost of Wenker lives on.

I'm just waiting for him to say that we lost some of the recent games in "special circumstances" and I will be demanding the demasking of the man!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:14 pm
Nick Nack wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Either that mate or a relative of "super super top top quality" Park or Chamakh. I hoped the days of signing absolute helmets like that were long behind us but fuck me if we wasted a wedge of cash on Onana we'd be back there in a shot

I'm just waiting for him to say that we lost some of the recent games in "special circumstances" and I will be demanding the demasking of the man!
I’m sure that the recent losses were “accidents”, just like the 8-2 at Old Trafford. :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:24 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:14 pm
Nick Nack wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I’m sure that the recent losses were “accidents”, just like the 8-2 at Old Trafford. :oops:
Still searching for a way to release the handbrake I think. Lots of nice illusionary dominations over Christmas.

After a 6 year absence I think we're finally about to see the return of the "internal transfer market" with perhaps a mad trolley dash loan signing on the final day. What's that boy Kallstrom up to these days? Yossi Benayoun anyone?

Back to the centre forward search - has Higuain passed that medical yet?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Joe Cole?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The rumours around us signing Onana are persisting, don't know if there is any truth to them. BUT if it is true that we are trying to sign him or another player for Midfield or Defence, then it would mean Arteta has no intention of signing the Striker we so desperately Need. :?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Mark Schwarzer's medical has been going on for so long that he's now qualified as a doctor.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:09 pm
The rumours around us signing Onana are persisting, don't know if there is any truth to them. BUT if it is true that we are trying to sign him or another player for Midfield or Defence, then it would mean Arteta has no intention of signing the Striker we so desperately Need. :?
The hope here is that we bin of that c.unt Partey to Saudi and use that cash for Onana. That would be a great deal.

Then bin off a few others to raise cash for a striker, rumours of El Neny, Ramsdale, ESR, Eddie and Nelson possibly departing, Sell the fucking lot of em I say :twisted:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
The hope here is that we bin of that c.unt Partey to Saudi and use that cash for Onana. That would be a great deal.

Then bin off a few others to raise cash for a striker, rumours of El Neny, Ramsdale, ESR, Eddie and Nelson possibly departing, Sell the fucking lot of em I say :twisted:

So the problem is the players not the manager then ? Personally I wouldnt give the c.unt another penny to spend - we'd only end up with another havertz or zinchenko or jesus or some shite like that :oops: He has had enough backing for now, so lets see him make something out of what he has got and maybe justify the 700m he has spent so far :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

So the problem is the players not the manager then ? Personally I wouldnt give the c.unt another penny to spend - we'd only end up with another havertz or zinchenko or jesus or some shite like that :oops: He has had enough backing for now, so lets see him make something out of what he has got and maybe justify the 700m he has spent so far :roll:
That's what I'm saying... if IF he really is going too sign another m midfielder; especially the likes of Onana then he doesn't know what he's doing as it is obvious to the world and his dog that we NEED a Striker.

But as Rodders said we should be looking to off-load the new Abu(walking injury) Partey plus a whole load of the other shyte: Nketiah, Cedric, elneny, vieira, marquinhos, zinchenko and nelson... fuck that's almost a whole team of Shyte. :banghead: