Relegation dogfight

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Pick your predicted 3 for the drop ( not who you want to, who you think will )

Sheff Utd 14 points
33%
Burnley 17 points
33%
Luton 22 points
20%
Forest 25 points
7%
Everton 25 points
7%
Brentford 26 points
No votes

Total votes: 15

Stuart L (2)

Relegation dogfight

Post by Stuart L (2) »

It’s pretty much a 6 way battle for survival- although Sheff Utd and. Burnley are almost guaranteed certs to go down.

Is the consensus that the “skid mark 3 “ will all go ?

Luton are still making a fight of it

Forest and Everton could yet receive penalty points deducted to leave them further in the lurch

Brentford, if they survive will drop out next season I reckon ( no great loss in my book )
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobbyPires7

Re: Relegation dogfight

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Forest will be deducted points which means Luton will stay up. Just.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Why can't we vote for Arsenal to be relegated? It would generate so many interesting posts from fivetoviv if nothing else. :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:37 pm
Why can't we vote for Arsenal to be relegated? It would generate so many interesting posts from fivetoviv if nothing else. :lol: :wink:

Wont happen - AFC will win the league, the champs league, the next world cup, the euromillions lottery and of course the grand national and all because arteta is the greatest human being ever :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:37 pm

Wont happen - AFC will win the league, the champs league, the next world cup, the euromillions lottery and of course the grand national and all because arteta is the greatest human being ever :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No Pulitzer or Nobel prizes? :shock:

Arteta out! :banghead:

:barscarf: :lol:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

It’s a shame that Everton won’t go down. Skidmark of a team. Would much rather see them in the doldrums than Luton.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

One day we'll be rid of Everton. One day.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:05 am
One day we'll be rid of Everton. One marvellous, joy filled, fun packed day.
:barscarf:

Added a couple of adjectives

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Forest just had four points docked for being bent with their books, hopefully Everton will have another four taken off for the same thing, perhaps five for it being the second time in succession.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'd love Luton to stay up instead of Everton or even Brentford, but I can't see it happening unfortunately. They put up a fight earlier in the season but losing at home to Sheff Utd and blowing a 3 goal lead at Bournemouth is REALLY shit! :roll:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:25 pm
Forest just had four points docked for being bent with their books, hopefully Everton will have another four taken off for the same thing, perhaps five for it being the second time in succession.
I don’t agree with deducting points mid-season in this way as it distorts the table. The Forest and Everton deductions seem to be just enough to create a bit of drama at the bottom of the table without actually demoting them. Fair enough to deduct points for something that happens that season, like when Middlesbrough failed to turn up for a fixture, or going into administration or the handbags at Old Toilet in 1990/91, but if the offence occurred prior to the season, the points should be deducted at the start of the following season. It must also be clear how many points are deducted for an offence. Why have Everton been deducted 6 points, but Forest 4?
Alas I can’t see Cheaty having points deducted no matter what.