ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Only one geordies player worth signing and I would break the bank for him - Bruno Guimeraes is a top, top quality player and is better than every midfielder in our squad (including rice), and him and rice would be a partnership that would dominate all 8)

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:35 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:41 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:15 pm
We do not want Alexander Isak at any price. He's another injury crock and certainly isn't worth anywhere near £100m.
Agreed, even if he was injury free he would still be worth no more than £60mill by todays outrageous prices.
He would thrive playing for arsenal
Maybe.
Isak is better than Toney and more proven than Gyokeres.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:58 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:35 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:41 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:15 pm
We do not want Alexander Isak at any price. He's another injury crock and certainly isn't worth anywhere near £100m.
Agreed, even if he was injury free he would still be worth no more than £60mill by todays outrageous prices.
He would thrive playing for arsenal
Maybe.
Isak is better than Toney and more proven than Gyokeres.
Maybe

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Real Sociedad central midfielder Martin Zubimendi, who will cost around £50m, has strong support from with Arsenal’s recruitment team, while the signing of a new full-back will depend on how Mikel Arteta views Oleksandr Zinchenko’s long-term future at the end of the season. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

🚨 Ollie Watkins is on Arsenal’s list of striker targets for this summer, however, given his age, fee - which would likely exceed £70m - his long-term contract, among other factors, Arsenal’s monitoring is likely to lead nowhere. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal are impressed by Viktor Gyökeres’ scouting report & are ‘increasingly likely’ to make an offer for the player at the end of the season. Sporting CP consider his €100m release clause ‘non-negotiable’, but Arsenal ‘hope to reach an agreement’ for less, with the possibility of players going the other way, either permanently or on loan. [@JornalNoticias] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 For a while, it looked certain Arsenal would look to sign a traditional centre-forward in the mould of Ivan Toney, but more recently, they have considered turning their attention towards a more modern profile of attacker, one whose all-round game & versatility means he can be deployed primarily as a lone striker, but also provide an option out wide. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:34 am
🚨 For a while, it looked certain Arsenal would look to sign a traditional centre-forward in the mould of Ivan Toney, but more recently, they have considered turning their attention towards a more modern profile of attacker, one whose all-round game & versatility means he can be deployed primarily as a lone striker, but also provide an option out wide. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc
:suicide:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :mrgnu: :mrgnu: :mrgnu: :mrgnu:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
:fryingpan: :duh: :mrgnu: :suicide:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:09 am
🚨 Real Sociedad central midfielder Martin Zubimendi, who will cost around £50m, has strong support from with Arsenal’s recruitment team, while the signing of a new full-back will depend on how Mikel Arteta views Oleksandr Zinchenko’s long-term future at the end of the season. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc
He is 24 / 25 I think so £50 on a 5 year deal equates to £10m a season, also means we got shot of Partey who is very unreliable and on big wages, and means Rice can be deployed higher up the pitch in games we don’t need to be too defensively minded in.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Well, the only answer is Bendtner.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!

Just sign a proper, top quality goalscoring striker ffs.

This bollocks about being able to play elsewhere and be a false fucking 9 and whatever else is total nonsense. We already have Jesus and Havertz who he plays all over the gaff and neither of whom are natural goalscorers. Just buy an out and out striker that can win us fucking games. If we'd had that type of guy up front on Sunday, then we probably go in 2-0 up at half time and win the game.

Still, our elite boss knows. :roll:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I know nothing about Gyökeres but a Portuguese co-worker of mine rates him incredibly highly, and says he’s lighting it up out there.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:09 pm
I know nothing about Gyökeres but a Portuguese co-worker of mine rates him incredibly highly, and says he’s lighting it up out there.
Plenty of you tube videos of his seasons work out there - looks decent to be fair, it as some already stated was playing at Coventry 2 years ago.

As a caveat Wrighty played non league before getting his chance at Palace and Vardy was a late bloomer in playing at the top level.
Keegan went to Liverpool from Crewe…..

It can happen that you get a bargain that blooms late

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:14 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:09 pm
Plenty of you tube videos of his seasons work out there - looks decent to be fair, it as some already stated was playing at Coventry 2 years ago.

As a caveat Wrighty played non league before getting his chance at Palace and Vardy was a late bloomer in playing at the top level.
Keegan went to Liverpool from Crewe…..

It can happen that you get a bargain that blooms late

He played with coventry last season - that's not me saying that he cant be all that btw, but what does it say about premier league clubs that he was on their doorstep for years and none of them felt that he was worth £20m before playing this season with sporting lisbon :rubchin: