ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Thynker

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Thynker »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:34 am
🚨 For a while, it looked certain Arsenal would look to sign a traditional centre-forward in the mould of Ivan Toney, but more recently, they have considered turning their attention towards a more modern profile of attacker, one whose all-round game & versatility means he can be deployed primarily as a lone striker, but also provide an option out wide. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc
Surely Timber will start ahead of Zinchenko.
Timber was bought to be in first X1

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Zinchencko is also about to enter into his last 2 years of his contract with no discussions about extending it - while the vast majority of the squad, such as White, Tomiyasu have just signed extensions and we rebuffed approaches for Kiwor apparently in the winter window

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:14 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:09 pm
I know nothing about Gyökeres but a Portuguese co-worker of mine rates him incredibly highly, and says he’s lighting it up out there.
Plenty of you tube videos of his seasons work out there - looks decent to be fair, it as some already stated was playing at Coventry 2 years ago.

As a caveat Wrighty played non league before getting his chance at Palace and Vardy was a late bloomer in playing at the top level.
Keegan went to Liverpool from Crewe…..

It can happen that you get a bargain that blooms late
He’ll be 26 in June. It’s pretty much prime time if he’s going to kick in and be the bollocks or not.

I’d take a chance on him given his goal return this and last season in two different leagues, but nothing more than 35-37m. I’d prefer to go hard a big for a striker like Martinez of Inter, but we all know we won’t.

augie

Post by augie »

Thynker wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:49 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
🚨 For a while, it looked certain Arsenal would look to sign a traditional centre-forward in the mould of Ivan Toney, but more recently, they have considered turning their attention towards a more modern profile of attacker, one whose all-round game & versatility means he can be deployed primarily as a lone striker, but also provide an option out wide. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

Without wishing to be pedantic, but Timber is a right back or right sided centre back who can play left back also - can we not just buy a naturally left footed left back to play in the position and play Timber right back instead of sunbed dickhead ??

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:05 pm
Thynker wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Without wishing to be pedantic, but Timber is a right back or right sided centre back who can play left back also - can we not just buy a naturally left footed left back to play in the position and play Timber right back instead of sunbed dickhead ??

:lol: :lol:
You do realise augie, that if he plays Timber at right back, he’ll probably move White to centre back and drop Gabriel. It’s exactly the move Cone Boy would make.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

augie wrote:
Thynker wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

We have a LB. He's in Donostia

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC: 17/4/2024

Arsenal are expected to revive their interest in Aston Villa's 25-year-old Brazil midfielder Douglas Luiz this summer.

Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in Ecuador centre-back Willian Pacho, 22, who plays for Eintracht Frankfurt.

Arsenal will make English striker Eddie Nketiah, 24, available for transfer this summer but will ask for £40m.

£40 Million !!!!! for that lazy twat, they are feckin' joking. We should have snapped the Shammers or Wolves hand off when they offered £30Million two years ago. :roll:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Thynker wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:23 pm
augie wrote:
Thynker wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

We have a LB. He's in Donostia
We do and as much as a fan I am he's a complete sicknote who cannot play 5 games on the bounce, as the past umpteen seasons have evidenced. Compleltey unreliable for a team of our ambitions/hectic schedule. Sadly.

John F

Post by John F »

I am worried that he might consider Sterling. Ex-City and soon-to-be Chelsea reject. He fits the profile of an Arteta signing.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Still on about Tierney who is constantly injured :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal want £40m for Eddie Nketiah and are ready to cash in this summer. Bournemouth, Fulham, West Ham and Crystal Palace are all keen [HITC].

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 @FabrizioRomano: “Another Arsenal story to watch could be Gabriel Heinze joining Mikel Arteta’s coaching staff. He has a very good relationship with some members of Arteta’s staff, but it’s up to Heinze.”

“He has to decide whether he wants to continue as a first-team coach or join a coaching staff. At the moment, nothing is decided yet, with Arsenal or any other club, but he’s really appreciated around the world as a coach, for sure.” [@caughtoffside] #afc

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Thynker wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

:? :roll:

Wikipedia:

"Jurriën David Norman Timber is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defender for Premier League club Arsenal and the Netherlands national team. Mainly a centre-back, he can also play as a full-back. Timber joined Ajax's youth academy in 2014, from Feyenoord

Oops! Sorry to be pedantic (am I feck! :D ) Timber was actually playing as our Left Back the day he got injured against Nottingham Forest last August.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:45 am
augie wrote:
Thynker wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

:? :roll:

Wikipedia:

"Jurriën David Norman Timber is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defender for Premier League club Arsenal and the Netherlands national team. Mainly a centre-back, he can also play as a full-back. Timber joined Ajax's youth academy in 2014, from Feyenoord

Oops! Sorry to be pedantic (am I feck! :D ) Timber was actually playing as our Left Back the day he got injured against Nottingham Forest last August.

I know that onebard, and I did say that Timber can play left back, but he is predominantly a right back or right sided centre back and has been throughout his career. I know I am old school but it really rots my arsehole when we play two guys on the wing that naturally have to cut inside onto their stronger foot cos it denies us width and makes it easier to negate us, so if we plan on playing a right footed left back where is our width gonna come from ?? Fcuking cone boy keeps trying to reinvent the wheel instead of just doing the simple things properly, and that includes playing players in their more natural positions

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ohhhh! I seeee.

But it is worth noting - Like our beloved and much missed Santi, Timber is Two Footed.