Wolves wankstains A Sat 20th April KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Wolves wankstains A Sat 20th April KO 730pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm
Well I might be in the minority here but I hope we smash these and give it a real go to the end of the season, I suppose we will see if we've made progress in the next few weeks, if we finish within a couple of points of cheaty then I would consider it progress.

If we finish further off than last season then we have regressed, even if this happens I cannot see any change in management.

If we spend well in the summer on the positions that are obvious to all that require upgrading then maybe we can finally finish top, here's hoping.
Good on ya Lefty. Its good to try take a positive look at it. I'm hoping too that Arteta wakes up and sees the weaknesses and addresses them this summer. It's all we can hope for because he is going nowhere this year no matter what.

Personally I think he has improved us. But I think where I differ from a lot of our fans is that I don't think he has the knowledge and experience to take us much further. But sweet Christ I'd love to see him win that title. I'd love to see Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Saliba, Odegaard, Oirish Deckers, and the rest lift that trophy and write their names in our history. 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We all want the same thing and the odd defeat along the way is part of the process. The worry for me is how it is happening that makes me think its part of the typical end of season process - as Rodders says, players blowing out of their arses in the second half and the same awful body language and resigned looks of despair when going a goal down. The year we blew it and finished 5th to the Spuds I think we lost seven away games and in every one we went behind and didn't score. As soon as the Bayern goal went in, I knew Neuer wouldn't need to make another save. Worrying in the extreme

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:28 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 am

Why these Top 4 trophies are not on the honours board at the Emirates I do not know.
It was about that time that Fuckface came out with his shit about the top 4 trophy and saying that players didn't care about FA Cups and League Cups....all the top players ask "do you play in the Champions League", before irony of ironies...all his top players fucked off to teams that did win things despite playing in the CL

Nice to see we are back in those times with King Arsene The Second at the helm.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I fucking love it when SteveO gets on the Arsene bandwagon. Got to hand it to you mate, the old fucker scarred you as badly as he did me. You remember it all and even I'd forgotten the bit in red, which is perfectly quoted. Fucking brilliant. :lol: :barscarf:
That auld French prick truly fucked us didn't he :cry: and he still is in a way with cement hair at the helm.

This sounds very odd to people that don't understand the passion of supporting a football team, but seriously Falky, I'll never forgive the old fucker. It drives me fucking nuts when people defend him and it's still the majority of our supporters that do so.

A huge number never actually reached the point of wanting him gone, or certainly were never able to voice it and a load of those who did eventually reach that point have allowed the subsequent years to cloud their judgement and they now speak of him fondly. He was a bad man, a greedy, nasty fucker with an overblown ego who cared only about himself. Set the club back fuckin years, while enriching himself.
I drop in and out of the wife’s FB page and there’s some absolute wankspangles on there who still defend Wenger and Arteta,it’s fucking shameful,they hound people for having any sort of anti arteta opinion and tell them “take your negativity and go support Tottenham” it’s fucking embarrassing,there’s 1 group who I won’t name but the fella is a knobhead who vilifies people for leaving early,but he seems to atract the complete brain dead sheep,blind to the fact we’ve still not actually cut the loser mentality out of the club,

Oh and as for the Wolves game,I’m away in the middle of Dorset and couldn’t give a fuck,not sure I felt this meh about an Arsenal game

augie

Post by augie »

I was always worried about this game even before we started on our bottle job run - hands up I will admit again that I thought that wolves were certs to go down this season, but imo Gary O'Neill has done a brilliant job there and probably deserves manager of the season. They have played really well in most games and have got screwed by var more than any other team in the league but they never let it affect them. I fear their intensity and energy will be too much for our pussified weaklings who are feeling sorry for themselves knowing that they are slap bang in the midst of another collapse

Linighans there!!

Post by Linighans there!! »

Arteta tried to introduce possession controll football at the beginning of the season and it didn't work. He then went back to 'ballistic' football from last season and went on a good run...he then went back to 'control' ball in preparation for Porto. Now we are out of Europe I just hope we go back to ballistic fast one touch non U shaped passing around the box

Show some fight and the fans will back you win lose or draw

Linighans there!!

Post by Linighans there!! »

augie wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:37 am
I was always worried about this game even before we started on our bottle job run - hands up I will admit again that I thought that wolves were certs to go down this season, but imo Gary O'Neill has done a brilliant job there and probably deserves manager of the season. They have played really well in most games and have got screwed by var more than any other team in the league but they never let it affect them. I fear their intensity and energy will be too much for our pussified weaklings who are feeling sorry for themselves knowing that they are slap bang in the midst of another collapse
One league defeat in 2024 is not a bottle job run....give your head a wobble fella and stop listening to all the media

augie

Post by augie »

Linighans there!! wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:20 am
augie wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:37 am
One league defeat in 2024 is not a bottle job run....give your head a wobble fella and stop listening to all the media

Contradicting yourself there now buddy - in your previous post you said if the team showed fight then the fans would back them regardless of the result (a sentiment I agree with fully), but where is that fight in last 3 games ? Unless we turn it around fast (starting tonight) then I fear that we are going down with a whimper again, just as we showed in bayern on Wednesday night.

Btw I dont listen to the media - I didnt listen to meeja when they were crowning this team as champions elect last season, I didnt listen to them when they bigging up the cone boy as a great manager and I dont listen when they proclaim our disappearing captain as world class. Anyone who has been on here for past few years will tell you that I am very much my own man and do not follow the popular narrative

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

ONE ARSENE WENGER....THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I've no idea what to expect from this game. Will we bounce back, or will we continue to implode? Fuck knows. What I do know is that if we lose this, then we are in trouble, because I was worried about the scum, chav and Utd games even before the last couple of performances, thinking that a win and two draws was the best we'd manage (no prediction of which lot we'd beat). I've revised that to three draws at best. Lose today and I'll think we'll come away from those 3 games with only 1 or 2 points if we're lucky.

I admire Lefty's optimism, but find it very difficult to share it. A lot riding on today.

I won't see the game in real time, as it's my birthday tomorrow and the missus has invited family this evening. I'm not one for making a big deal of my birthday (you all know I'm a miserable fucker :lol: ) and the fucking age numbers are getting too big, but when she told me she'd organised something I could hardly say "'Ere wait a minute, the Arsenal are on telly." So I'll record it, avoid the score and watch it when everyone's gone, or tomorrow morning.

Up the Gunners.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:08 am
ONE ARSENE WENGER....THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:25 am
I've no idea what to expect from this game. Will we bounce back, or will we continue to implode? Fuck knows. What I do know is that if we lose this, then we are in trouble, because I was worried about the scum, chav and Utd games even before the last couple of performances, thinking that a win and two draws was the best we'd manage (no prediction of which lot we'd beat). I've revised that to three draws at best. Lose today and I'll think we'll come away from those 3 games with only 1 or 2 points if we're lucky.

I admire Lefty's optimism, but find it very difficult to share it. A lot riding on today.

I won't see the game in real time, as it's my birthday tomorrow and the missus has invited family this evening. I'm not one for making a big deal of my birthday (you all know I'm a miserable fucker :lol: ) and the fucking age numbers are getting too big, but when she told me she'd organised something I could hardly say "'Ere wait a minute, the Arsenal are on telly." So I'll record it, avoid the score and watch it when everyone's gone, or tomorrow morning.

Up the Gunners.

It's funny cos I wasnt worried about the chavs game at all, was slightly worried about going to manc land, but was very worried about the scum and wolves away - because of our fragile mental state I am now worried about playing a useless chav team who have fluked a few wins lately, and am shitting it thinking about losing to the worst manure team in 30 years :oops: :oops: :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

WE WILL WIN THIS.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:44 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:25 am

Up the Gunners.

It's funny cos I wasnt worried about the chavs game at all, was slightly worried about going to manc land, but was very worried about the scum and wolves away - because of our fragile mental state I am now worried about playing a useless chav team who have fluked a few wins lately, and am shitting it thinking about losing to the worst manure team in 30 years :oops: :oops: :oops:

How about the scum game? I fucking hate those games and our record away to them wasn't as good as it should have been when we were a top side and they were crap. I'll be relieved to come away with a draw, because I'm fearing worse. :(

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

1-3 to us, they've about half their team out injured,what could possibly go wrong 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:59 am
1-3 to us, they've about half their team out injured,what could possibly go wrong 8)
:rubchin: Uhhhmmm!

Could

Possibly

and

Go

:D

But Nope!

WE WILL WIN THIS.