Rotation ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Rotation ?

Post by A11M11 »

Regarding rotation , an interesting list shown on Sky yesterday showed the minutes played by outfield players at the top three clubs.
There were ten players shown Arsenal had numbers 1 to 3 Saliba ( 2970 ) , Rice and Odegaard . Then came Van Dyke , these were followed by Gabriel , Saka and White. The last three were Alvarez , Foden and Rodri ( 2490 ).

So that’s 6 out of 10 for us and all in the top 7. Tiredness could be a problem albeit the cup exploits are not included it does lean to showing that Saliba has played 5 games more than Rodri.

Towards the end of of yesterday’s game some players looked dead on their feet and it worries me that our trip to Tottenham will be following their 15 days rest from their last game.

BobbyPires7

Re: Rotation ?

Post by BobbyPires7 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:43 am
Regarding rotation , an interesting list shown on Sky yesterday showed the minutes played by outfield players at the top three clubs.
There were ten players shown Arsenal had numbers 1 to 3 Saliba ( 2970 ) , Rice and Odegaard . Then came Van Dyke , these were followed by Gabriel , Saka and White. The last three were Alvarez , Foden and Rodri ( 2490 ).

So that’s 6 out of 10 for us and all in the top 7. Tiredness could be a problem albeit the cup exploits are not included it does lean to showing that Saliba has played 5 games more than Rodri.

Towards the end of of yesterday’s game some players looked dead on their feet and it worries me that our trip to Tottenham will be following their 15 days rest from their last game.
Saw it too. It lends itself to an argument that rather than bottling anything we just run out of steam each season. City have a bigger more experienced squad. We don’t. Our squad players are mainly dross. Has to change.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:03 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:43 am

Saw it too. It lends itself to an argument that rather than bottling anything we just run out of steam each season. City have a bigger more experienced squad. We don’t. Our squad players are mainly dross. Has to change.
he had a chance to sell nekitah for good money...and refused....

augie

Post by augie »

I really dont accept this as an excuse because the cone boy chose to play those players in games where he didnt need to, and you reap what you sow. Lets face it the likes of the players you listed shouldnt be anywhere near the league cup games and yet he used them in those games (bar one that saka missed), and he played them in champions league games (eg lens at home) when they should have been rested. This cock has spent 700m to build a squad to the point that he should be able to rotate, so what does it say when he bought these players and doesnt trust them enough to play league cup ??? I am sick to the nuts of hearing every single week that saka has a knock or is doubtful and then lo and behold he is in starting line up for next game - where is the squad management aspect of that ? If the guy is carrying a knock, or is actually knackered, then leave him out for a game or two ffs - it is not fcuking rocket science :roll: I see a lot of comments from cone boy defenders dissing the "back ups", well for starters he bought those back ups, but secondly a lot of teams would be delighted to have wing options like martinelli and trossard if saka was rested :roll: