Norwich charity cup winners 1919/20 A Sun April 28th KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Step

Re: Norwich charity cup winners 1919/20 A Sun April 28th KO 2pm

Post by Step »

We actually need Villa to drop a few points and Spuds to win their next two so that they still have a chance of 4th when the play Citeh.
Can't see Citeh slipping up.
We must take Bournemouth seriously next Sat.
I seem to remember a very similar fixture last season in which we underestimated the opposition and found ourselves 3-1 and having to battle to scrape a 3-3 draw- Southampton. Have we learnt from our mistakes?

I also think we need to get rid of the deadwood (Jesus, Chenko, Nketia , Nelson) before next season and keep Ramsdale and Smith Rowe as those two will shine elsewhere.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Step wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 pm
We actually need Villa to drop a few points and Spuds to win their next two so that they still have a chance of 4th when the play Citeh.
Can't see Citeh slipping up.
We must take Bournemouth seriously next Sat.
I seem to remember a very similar fixture last season in which we underestimated the opposition and found ourselves 3-1 and having to battle to scrape a 3-3 draw- Southampton. Have we learnt from our mistakes?

I also think we need to get rid of the deadwood (Jesus, Chenko, Nketia , Nelson) before next season and keep Ramsdale and Smith Rowe as those two will shine elsewhere.
so far suggests we are learning. i hope!

ramsdale will shine for everton type team but fck up every so often. cannot have a GK with adhd at a top club where hes not constantly in the game. asking for trouble.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Some of the reactions from scum are hilarious, penalty for the ginger burbs freak cos he tripped over his own heels before sakas goal. that fck wit dawson saying it was a pen on sky and merse ripping the piss out of him saying how arsenal had completely gifted them the goals and they were shite apart from that and yet its something for spurs to build on next season, then rolled his eyes - i assume dawson had said that very same thing earlier but missed, and merse totally ripped the piss.

Yes merse is sometimes a knob but he hates these cnuts.

phil mcmulty on the bbc as ever biggin them up saying they were a constant threat, how many clear cut chances did they have 2? how many saves did raya need to make? 0. utter *word censored*.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Quick Highlights (By Arsenal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIU9yOvrOsg

I still for the life of me don't see what ray was trying to do when he gave them their first goal, it looks like he was tying to 'chip' the ball or something... DullCUNT. :banghead:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Can't believe the MOTD coverage arguing that Kulisevski should have had a penalty and then showing slo-mo footage which shows that he kicks Trossard first....

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Really disappointed with Raya. Had he not made that error and given Spurs momentum, we would have put them on the end of a proper scoreline. 4 or 5 nil. Had flashbacks of the 4-4 draw with Newcastle.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 pm
Can't believe the MOTD coverage arguing that Kulisevski should have had a penalty and then showing slo-mo footage which shows that he kicks Trossard first....
Just all part of the anti-Arsenal agenda which they push to try and pretend that somehow we're lucky. Fuck em.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 am
Really disappointed with Raya. Had he not made that error and given Spurs momentum, we would have put them on the end of a proper scoreline. 4 or 5 nil. Had flashbacks of the 4-4 draw with Newcastle.
agreed...you just cant do that ....not acceptable

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 pm
BBC generally has lost the plot....very biased in all reporting

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 pm
Some of the reactions from scum are hilarious, penalty for the ginger burbs freak cos he tripped over his own heels before sakas goal. that fck wit dawson saying it was a pen on sky and merse ripping the piss out of him saying how arsenal had completely gifted them the goals and they were shite apart from that and yet its something for spurs to build on next season, then rolled his eyes - i assume dawson had said that very same thing earlier but missed, and merse totally ripped the piss.

Yes merse is sometimes a knob but he hates these cnuts.

phil mcmulty on the bbc as ever biggin them up saying they were a constant threat, how many clear cut chances did they have 2? how many saves did raya need to make? 0. utter *word censored*.
absolute morons...fucking obsessed with the Famous Arsenal because they know they can never match us in a thousand years.....

augie

Post by augie »

Havent seen much of the game yet (my son had cup quarter final at same time) so I cant say anything about the performance, but have to give credit for the bounce back after the bayern and citeeh debacles cos I was worried that the wheels would come off then - no doubt it helped that we had a badly depleted wolves team after bayern, but to then batter the chavs in the way that we did, and to go to the scum shithole and win yesterday was great 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 am
Just more signs for me that he isn't an upgrade on Ramsdale and we could have focused our attentions elsewhere in the squad. People will go on about this golden glove but how much of that do we put down to him, and how much to Saliba and Gabriel. A key example was yesterday - Spurs had 2 shots on target, the penalty and the goal he created for them. The defence shut them out. Chelsea one shot on target. Wolves had 3. Bayern 3. Villa had 2 - both goals. Brighton away 2. Luton at home 1.

He has been ok but has had precious little to do. Neat and tidy on the crosses, some half decent kicks but some bloody awful ones too. My point is that Ramsdale could have done all of that too behind what has been for the most part a watertight defence.

Raya will be another "ok" keeper

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

My worry with both of our keepers is not so much the players but Inaki Cana the coach .
Raya is 28 years old Ramsdale is 3 years younger at 25. There is not much that we can say about Ramsdale as he has been stuck in a cupboard under the stairs but as for Raya can we actually say that in his year here has he really improved ? When he came we were told that his distribution was his major benefit , he was nervous when he arrived and yesterday showed that he implodes when he is not even under pressure.
He recovered to a point by taking some standard crosses but for someone that came in because Ramsdale was subject to concentration lapses he didn't show much improvement in that department.
So I ask the question of what benefit has Cana bought us . He was rumoured to have had some input in the career of Rasmussen at Nordsjaelland, he recommended Raya to us and cut his coaching teeth at Barcelona when Arteta was a young player.
Nepotism ?
I will leave it there.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 pm
Quick Highlights (By Arsenal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIU9yOvrOsg

I still for the life of me don't see what ray was trying to do when he gave them their first goal, it looks like he was tying to 'chip' the ball or something... DullCUNT. :banghead:
must be very sure of his place to try daft shit like that.....he needs replacing

got a feeling Timber is going to fit in well....a partner for Rice in the middle and a goal getting centre forward will do....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And Breeeeeeeaaaathe! :D

Okay:

We were by no means at our best yesterday and still found ourselves 3 Nil Up at Half-time, it could so easily have been more, also that chance that Saka had and their keeper saved with his shin / ankle.

When Raya did what he did must admit I totally 'lost my shit' as DB might say... There's a big dent in the lounge door :oops:

But as Mantis pointed out; the way Goalies are now required to play means that at some point they're going to make a mistake (or two), for now he is forgiven(ish) as we secured the 3 points, also he did make sure he took everything else safely and securely, but I wouldn't be adverse to us paying top money to get a World Class keeper; if we can find one.

As many have said that Odious Prick richarlison Truly Needs To Have His Spine Snapped, theCunt is miserable enough as it is so put him on crutches or in a wheelchair and see what he's like then. Ceeeeuuunnnttt! (Maddison is also a CUNTYPRICK)

Upon reflection: Had we gone on to win by 4 or 5 nIl it would be 'Sweeter' in many ways; however, the Fact that we nearly Blew It might serve as a BIG Fuckin Warning to the Team; at least for the remaining 3 games To Not Only keep their Shit Tight, but to not get Complacement for even a second and so Destroy the opposition and don't give them a sniff.

Not surprised to hear the media lauding the scum for their 'Fight back spirit etc :roll: :banghead: Also the 'direct & exciting tactics' of the OzFatCunt who can't even look into the camera when talking / being interviewed - The ignorantCunt.

I am just hoping and praying that Cheaty will Fuck-Up' ... It IS Possible... and we keep it tight till the end....We CAN Do It. I have a strange feeling it really will go down to the last day.

#COYG