Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

“WE’RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!

Annnnnd Tottenham’s gonna help us,
And Tottenham’s gonna help us,
And Tottenham’s gonna help ussssssss;

WE’RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!”

:barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Thoughts and prayers with the Emi Martinez Fan Boyz :barscarf:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:52 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:35 pm
Absolutely zero chance that the scum will take pts off citeeh tomorrow night so I am no deluding myself thinking anything different
Have you not heard of the word "Hope"?

You are most likely right to think the Scum cannot get Anything from tomorrow nights game against Cheaty. And before you start using terms like Delusional, it is not that, it is 'hope'. You know that slimmest of unlikely possibilities that somehow maybe, beyond all expectations one of those tiny margins that can exist in any situation just might somehow, perhaps, possibly go in our favour.
Yip...hope....it's what kills you :)

madjens

Post by madjens »

Agent Martinez doing his bit

Arsenal Till I Die

Here’s hoping he chucks a few more in.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

madjens wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:08 pm
Agent Martinez doing his bit
Making up for beating us........and now they're level :banghead: :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Don’t rely on the Scousers.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Emery behaving like he's won the CL. Every result going against us.......can't believe we lost 0-2 to this no mark club. At home as well :banghead: :banghead:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:14 pm
Yea, they look like they don't care......got given a goal in the first minute otherwise they would be losing.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:14 pm
Their implosion this season has been far worse than anything we mustered up last season but you’d never know it because they’re immune from criticism :roll:

Arsenal Till I Die

Stitch that!!

Linighans there!!

Post by Linighans there!! »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:33 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:21 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:39 pm
I've been thinking about that recently IW8. There seems to be an overriding lack of animosity towards City, almost an acceptance that they're in a league of their own and therefore entitled to win the league and everything else in fact. The one team with the obvious historic rivalry is Utd, but even with a makeshift side yesterday and no chance of 4th spot, or realistically even 5th, they still did all they could to make it difficult for us. There's no way on earth that spurs would have done that against City if there was nothing to play for.

Let's be honest, in recent years, everyone on here has wanted City rather than Liverpool to win the league, so why would we expect Liverpool to feel differently about us?

It's an odd one with City. Given that without the Arab ownership they'd still be bouncing around the Championship, there ought to be a sense of resentment from other clubs that they've simply bought success, but it doesn't manifest itself. Given that they can out-football anyone, you'd think that teams would resort to kicking them all over the park, as used to happen to us in Wenger's early years, but no one does it. Mind you, back then no one did it to Utd either (although Utd themselves were more than capable of it) and I think that was because everyone was scared of Ferguson and he was also very clever at being matey with teams that posed no threat (remember how fucking sickening it would be to see the likes of Fat Sam sucking up to him?) and they rolled over for Utd as they're doing for City.

It's strange, but there seems to be a simple acceptance that they're the guv'nors and teams have to respect it and give them time to play. It's noticeable that teams in Europe see it differently and that last season was the only time they've won the CL, so they're clearly not invincible.
I don't think they've ever been particularly hated by anyone over the years, unlike the victims who most people can't stand for reasons on and off the field. I don't think we're particularly hated either apart from by the obvious exceptions, but we're still a big name who the rest like to get one over. Perhaps subconsciously other clubs still don't feel that way about City, despite them winning everything for the past decade.
Much of that is down to the way they are perceived in the media

Fawning over them, fair enough for plying great football, but a lack of being held to account for destroying the game.

When we were outplaying teams with Rosicky, Febregas et al, we were hated by the press, pushing the southern softies agenda and openly encouraging teams to kick us off the park

If you repeat things often enough ill informed or uneducated people just accept it as being true, it’s called propaganda and brainwashing and it works.

For years Arsenal were lucky, boring, dirty, soft, whatever suits the agenda :censored:
Going back to the original point I think the resentment to anyone apart from city is to do with the fact that if a team was to win the league organically it shows up their teams own shortcomings whereas if City win it you can say 'oh well you can't compete with all that money'

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Villa fans genuinely believe they are a bigger side than The Arsenal. All because they played in the 1980s European Cup era and managed to beat Icelandic fishermen en route to a smash and grab against Bayern. In a game where their stand in keeper played out of his skin. That season they finished 11th in Division One and lost 15 times. European Champions indeed. By the way they were the 6th English team to win the European Cup in a row. Quite the competion in those days indeed.

Wankers.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The top 4 race really is about 10 stratospheres away from what it’s like being involved battling it out for the title.

The scum and Villa losing every week in a shit fest shoot out to see who can blindly stumble over the line first.

Arsenal Till I Die

Villa infighting - brilliant.