Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:56 pm
And I reiterate the victims collapse over the last few weeks has been a million times worse than anything we produced last season.
Remember when they'd already won everything in February?

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

rodders999 wrote:
And I reiterate the victims collapse over the last few weeks has been a million times worse than anything we produced last season.
But you can only read about it in the sun

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 pm
Bin lids have fuckall to play for now lads it's over :cry:
They have everything to play for.

Highly likely that Villa will lose to in form Crystal Palace on Sunday and Spurs have an easy match in Sheffield. Tomorrow night is still huge

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 pm
Bin lids have fuckall to play for now lads it's over :cry:
They have everything to play for.

Highly likely that Villa will lose to in form Crystal Palace on Sunday and Spurs have an easy match in Sheffield. Tomorrow night is still huge

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Not sure it really changes much re Spurs. If Villa had lost there wasn’t really a route through to 4th for Spurs to draw with City. Would have required a big goal difference swing unless Villa had been hammered tonight.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

That result doesn't really change the situation.

The spuds still have something to fight for.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:03 pm
Not sure it really changes much re Spurs. If Villa had lost there wasn’t really a route through to 4th for Spurs to draw with City. Would have required a big goal difference swing unless Villa had been hammered tonight.
If Liverpool had won then a point might not have been enough for Villa in their final game. Now a point will almost certainly do them.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

cameron326 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:06 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
If Liverpool had won then a point might not have been enough for Villa in their final game. Now a point will almost certainly do them.
Fair enough - but it doesn’t change things regarding tomorrow night- Spurs win and they can still get 4th. I couldn’t really care less what happens to them after tomorrow night :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Remember when they'd already won everything in February?
They were going to win the treble when they rocked up to old Trafford in the cup back in March. They’re record from that day onwards -

LWWDLLWWLDWD

5 wins out of 12.

Total implosion but zero pile on like there was with us last season.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

cameron326 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
This is what I think.If the dippers had won 3 or 4-1 it would've given the bin lids real hope and even a draw would've kept their hopes alive as they play Sheff Utd on sun with Villa at Palarse.As it stands the bin lids need 2 wins and even then it might not do.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:09 pm
cameron326 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fair enough - but it doesn’t change things regarding tomorrow night- Spurs win and they can still get 4th. I couldn’t really care less what happens to them after tomorrow night :lol:
I concur wholeheartedly with the not giving a fuck what happens to them after tomorrow night :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Palace will chew Villa up. That draw took a Partey style brain fart and a fluke. Villa were shit.

If Spurs win tomorrow they will get 4th.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:17 pm
Palace will chew Villa up. That draw took a Partey style brain fart and a fluke. Villa were shit.

If Spurs win tomorrow they will get 4th.
The absolute dream scenario now is a draw tomorrow which would hand us the title and would also see Spurs miss out on the CL :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The scum have lost 4 and won 1 of their last 5 games. The win came at home last weekend against one of the three worst teams to ever play in the division and even at that they barely beat them 2-1.

If/when the scum lose tomorrow night it won’t be because they’ve decided to down tools so they won’t help us win the league, it will be for the same reason they’ve never done fuck all for the last hundred years - because they’re absolutely fucking shite!

Fuck em :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The more I think about it the more I think a draw tonight actually helps us. If Spurs had thought a draw would do it then that is a dangerous game to play. They need to win so they will have a go I reckon. If they fall short and draw then great. If they lose as we expect they will then no loss. But this has given them a sniff. No way Levy lets them throw this chance away. He has a stadium debt to repay!