*** The Offical Eboué Shrine ***

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Never ever forget that Helder laid on DB10's first goal for us... cult hero for that alone... I said CULT... :wink:

wlchuccc

Post by wlchuccc »

He has improved a lot this season. Let's sing his song at the stadium for a change. I am sure that he wants to receive our support :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I always said he could play. IF he took the time to stop being a cheating diving whining crunt. He (so far) has pleasantly surprised me. I hope he continues and earns the respect of the fans, but I seriously doubt he will. I've met people with that persecution complex he has and they never really change... :( :roll:

Let's see what he does between now and Christmas...

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

set up DB 10s first goal!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

highburyJD wrote:set up DB 10s first goal!
:wink:

gas_face_gooner

Post by gas_face_gooner »

all the time he is playing as he is at the moment i'll give him 100% support!!

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Helder was very good for his debut but lost form for the rest of his games.

Great hair though!
i translate that ...he was shit and had only one good game...his debut

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Helder had that whole "Soul Glow" thing going on from "Coming to America" :wink: :-P :lol: :wink:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Isn't it true that he developed, or already had, a gambling problem whilst with us that made Merson's look like the odd 2 quid flutter on the National?

I think I remember reading somewhere that when he went back to Holland his club (Vitesse Arnhem?) took control of his salary to pay off his debts and just gave him a living allowance!

:roll:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

i thought id read a few weeks ago that Helder had been sectioned. :shock:

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

I heard Milan are after THE PASS MASTER now :shock: :shock: :lol:

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

bump lol :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

when is the bentdner shrine comming :?:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote: I always said he could play. He (so far) has pleasantly surprised me. I hope he continues and earns the respect of the fans.
SECONDED!

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Félix Éboué

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9lix_%C3%89bou%C3%A9

Félix Adolphe Éboué (26 December 1884 - 17 March 1944) was a Black French (French Guianan-born) colonial administrator and Free French leader.

[edit] Biography

Born in Cayenne, the grandson of slaves, he was the fourth of a family of five brothers. His father, Yves Urbain Éboué, was an orator and his mother, Marie Josephine Aurélie Leveillé, was a shop owner born in Roura. She raised her sons in the guiana creole tradition. Éboué was a brilliant scholar who won a scholarship to study at secondary school in Bordeaux. Éboué was also a keen footballer, captaining his school team when they travelled to games in both Belgium and England.

After graduating in law from the École coloniale in Paris, he served in Oubangui-Chari for twenty years and then in Martinique. In 1936 he was made governor of Guadeloupe, the first Black man to be appointed to such a senior post anywhere in the French colonies.

Two years later, with conflict on the horizon, he was transferred to Chad, arriving in Fort Lamy on 4 January 1939. He was instrumental in developing Chadian support for the Free French in 1940, an action which ultimately gave Charles de Gaulle's faction control of the rest of French Equatorial Africa. As governor of the whole area during 1940-1944, Éboué acted to improve the status of Africans, classifying 200 educated Africans as notable évolué and reducing their taxes, as well as placing some Gabonese civil servants into positions of authority. He also took an interest in the careers of individuals who would later become significant in their own right, including Jean-Hilaire Aubame and Jean Rémy Ayouné.

Although a Francophile who promoted the French language in Africa, his circular La nouvelle politique indigène ("New Native Policy"), put out 8 November 1941, advocated the preservation of traditional African institutions.

He died of a heart attack while in Cairo; after his death, the French colonies in Africa brought out a joint stamp issue honouring his memory. An Officer of the Legion of Honour, decorated in 1941 with the Cross of the Liberation, and a member of the Council of the Order of the Liberation, his ashes are in the Panthéon, the first Black man to be so honoured.

Place Félix-Éboué is in 12th arrondissement of Paris as is Paris Métro station Daumesnil (Paris Métro) which also honours Félix Éboué.

[edit] External links