Rosicky 50/50 for Fenerbahce trip

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
tomkingsbury

Rosicky 50/50 for Fenerbahce trip

Post by tomkingsbury »

From Arsenal.com:

Arsene Wenger has stunned the world by saying Czech midfielder Tomas Rosicky has a 50% chance of making the trip to Turkey a week Tuesday.

Rosicky, who has been out with a mystery hamstring injury for what feels like the whole of his time at Arsenal, said, " I woke up this morning and felt better."

"It was the strangest feeling. I actually quite like sitting around doing nothing, but felt as i was being paid a lot of money, i should make the trip to Turkey."

However, Wenger was quick to dismiss the chance of Rosicky playing in Turkey.

"For sure, yes he is fit to travel, but to play is another question - we are looking into offering Tomas a 'pay if you don't play' contract for all the hard work he has put in to not playing for us."

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

i get the point in this post, but don't know if i should laugh or not. Apparently he could be pretty badly ill if the bone marrow stories are true, but the issue is diluted somewhat by the fact that were pretty tired of his sick leave and of the club's constant he'll be back comments.

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

Gurmokh wrote:i get the point in this post, but don't know if i should laugh or not. Apparently he could be pretty badly ill if the bone marrow stories are true, but the issue is diluted somewhat by the fact that were pretty tired of his sick leave and of the club's constant he'll be back comments.
yeh sorry im quite bored at work - i aint read the 'bone marrow' story, but as its not up on the official website, i doubt how true it is....

augie

Post by augie »

Have to say tom that I am very much in agreement with gurmokh on this one - to take the piss out of a man whose career may be in the balance might just be a shade harsh. That aint me being a killjoy but when I read the heading I allowed myself to get my hopes up that he might be ok after all only to have my hopes cruely dashed :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

tomkingsbury wrote: yeh sorry im quite bored at work
Me too.. ..

need an Arsenal match to have a rant over.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Ok then Gurmokh - one word. Eboue...

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

SWLGooner wrote:Ok then Gurmokh - one word. Eboue...
one emoticon
:banghead:

crocit

Post by crocit »

thats a good joke :lol: Rosicky due back, hahaha

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

crocit wrote:thats a good joke :lol: Rosicky due back, hahaha
I'm with Arsene - He'll be back for Tuesday :wink:

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Dont build my hopes up like that!!! :banghead:

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

Did you see the other thread RR? Otherwise it may have gone over your head a bit.. :lol:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

My 2nd favorite player (and 2nd most skilled player imo) on the team. Please come back healthy!

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:My 2nd favorite player (and 2nd most skilled player imo) on the team. Please come back healthy!
You rate him above Cesc/RvP/Eboue? Interesting... *strokes chin, looks a prat* ...

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

SWLGooner wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:My 2nd favorite player (and 2nd most skilled player imo) on the team. Please come back healthy!
You rate him above Cesc/RvP/Eboue? Interesting... *strokes chin, looks a prat* ...
Above Cesc? No. The rest? Yes.

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

Fair enough - I guess we haven't seen enough of RvP to make a judgment... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: