BOXING – The next couple of months

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbankbren

BOXING – The next couple of months

Post by northbankbren »

The next few months have a good few very exiting fights….cant wait for a few.

Vitali Klitschko VS Samuel Peter – If Vitali is anywhere near as good as he was before he “retiredâ€

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

That is gonna cost me fucking loads in pay per view!

:evil:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

The american fights are usually free on sky or setanta.

Hatton will be PPV tho.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Yes, there are some big fights coming up, good thread Bren.

KLITSCHKO v PETER: Samuel Peter by TKO.

I think he has a crude but strong punching style, and will be too rough and ready for a comebacking Klitschko, who will tire badly in the later rounds.

TARVER v DAWSON: Tarver on points.

Tarver was regarded as washed up, but he was very handy in his last fight. If motivated, which I think he will be, he really is a decent outside fighter with a good jab. Dawson is strong, but too slow and mechanical for my liking.

PAVLIK v HOPKINS: Pavlik on points.

Poppa Hopkins' best days are behind him, and he can only fight for a few rounds per fight in his dotage. I take Pavlik's piston pumping punches to be too much for Poppa. (I belive thi sis at light heavy though, so Pavlik may slow later on as the extra weight catches up with him).

KESSLER v HAUSSLER: No prediction, as I have never heard of Haussler either!

Would hope that a super middleweight fight between Kessler and Froch could be made for next summer though, would be a great fight.

CALZAGHE v JONES Jr: Calzaghe on points.

Calzaghe will have too high a work rate for a Jones who should have retired after the Ruiz win. Both may have to climb off the canvas though, and Calzaghe will ship some strong combinations from Jones en route to victory.

HAYE v BARRETT: HAYE by TKO.

Barrett will get tired chasing Haye's handspeed, movement and combinations. Stoppage in sixth or seventh. I do have to put the disclaimer though that we do not know what Haye's chin is like against a heavyweight.

HATTON v MALIGNAGGI: Hatton on points.

Hatton will be sharper and mor emotivated than his last avergae showing v Lazcano. Malignaggi has a lot of heart, but does not have the punch to hurt. He does have decent stamina and punch variety though, so I expect him to be competitive throughout a messy twelve rounds.

DE LA HOYA v PACQUIAO: De La Hoya by KO.

Pacman is simply too small to fight Oscar. The fight should not be allowed. Hatton will try to fight Oscar next summer, a fight that will see Hatton outpowered.

IT"S SHOWTIME!!!!!!

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

For a Forum full of people who spend most of their time fighting each other, this Boxing thread has been woefully overlooked!

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

QuartzGooner wrote:For a Forum full of people who spend most of their time fighting each other, this Boxing thread has been woefully overlooked!
:lol: :wink:

demzy

Post by demzy »

All should be very good fights. I cant wait for de la hoya vs pacquaio, will be an awesome fight. I wanna try get out to vegas for the hatton fight, but due to work probably wont be able to.