Setanta on Freeview

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Setanta on Freeview

Post by MK Gould »

Has anyone subscribed to this package? If so, what do you think?

The blurb on the website gives the impression that the Setanta sports package is made up of 8 channels - but I understand that there will only be one available on Freeview. I presume that this will be a "best of" channel. Also, there is some (very) small print saying that not all games will be available on Freeview. Doesn't make it clear whether this refers to Premier League or Scottish or mix of both. I've asked Setanta to clarify, but no response received yet.

PS For those overseas members, probably worth explaining that Freeview is the UK's digital analogue provider i.e. multi channel free TV via the aerial. Setanta are trying to rival Sky by offering a subscrition service via Freeview (as well as Sky, Cable etc) for a package of Premier League games for which they own the rights.

Galasso

Re: Setanta on Freeview

Post by Galasso »

MK Gould wrote:Has anyone subscribed to this package? If so, what do you think?

The blurb on the website gives the impression that the Setanta sports package is made up of 8 channels - but I understand that there will only be one available on Freeview. I presume that this will be a "best of" channel. Also, there is some (very) small print saying that not all games will be available on Freeview. Doesn't make it clear whether this refers to Premier League or Scottish or mix of both. I've asked Setanta to clarify, but no response received yet.

PS For those overseas members, probably worth explaining that Freeview is the UK's digital analogue provider i.e. multi channel free TV via the aerial. Setanta are trying to rival Sky by offering a subscrition service via Freeview (as well as Sky, Cable etc) for a package of Premier League games for which they own the rights.
Does that mean you have to pay for it in addition, or it is part of a freeview package that is bundled with others? And thanks re the info on the Highbury move, interesting stuff.

All sounds like a bit of a mess to me.

REB

Post by REB »

setanta over here is just 2 channels on my supplier,, 10euro a month but we also hav free setanta ireland channel which shows live matchs on sat afternoon.. between my sky sports and setanta its 30euro a month thats bout 20sterling :mrgreen:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

In Norn Iron it is £9.99 for ONE sports channel on freeview :cry: A bit crrap then :roll:

Ah well, there is always Sky in the pubs :P "Could I have an ice cold Mexican please young lady?"

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

I'm not going to subscribe to this. It's £9.99 a month and it hardly shows any Arsenal games. I'll stick to watching it online :D

stats

Post by stats »

I won't buy it as by now i would pay £50 for the whole season with prem plus & that was fine for me
Are Sky showing more prem matches now then? I've seen for the Saturday night football in the championship which is very strange

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

stats wrote:Are Sky showing more prem matches now then?
I believe so, yes

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I wasnt going to get it because as far as I know they were only showing 2 Arsenal games (Sunderland at home and Reading away) . But as we have cable and not sky and have the top package they have given it to us free this season ! ( that wont last ) It had Celtic TV , Rangers TV, Racing Channel, Golf Channel and Setanta 1 and Sentanta 2 so Ive got no complaints at the moment !

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Just have to watch it online. I cant be arsed to pay that much just to see 2 games in 5 months.

augie

Post by augie »

:x :x I am a subscriber in ireland(through sky) but am def on verge of cancelling it. Set myself up nicely to watch the arsenal v ajax youth cup game tonight and caught a few minutes of the phone in show beforehand but when it ended a message came up on my screen saying that the programme i want to watch is not available to me ??? I know that they do that for gaa games and I can understand that but for a youth tournament taking place in a foreign land ?? This aint f8cking good enough and when i ring them to give them what for the c*nts are all gone home. Right now i be pissed :evil: :evil:

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

How did the kids get on against Ajax then?

REB

Post by REB »

there a pain augie.. i got it in alrite but had same prob as you,, one minute ur watchin the football then feckin thing was gone,, in the nxt couple of seasons setanta are goin 2 rob people like mad,, at least wit sky u know where u stand,, :mrgreen:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Ive paid a tenner this month as wanted to know what the coverage was like etc!

Frank Stapleton was commentating on the Salzburg game and I immediatley thought "fuck this greedy Man Yoo whore"! :evil:

I was going to refuse to pay it but my Doris has since found out Manu Petit is one of the panelists so she has agreed to pay it out of her purse!

Theres a good Doris!

:lol: