DO NOT BUY FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 - WARNING !!!!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
augie

Post by augie »

Have already bought the game this morning but havent taken it out of the packaging yet. I was so looking forward to this game too :cry: :cry: :cry: Almunia and greedybollix up front were screwed for starters 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

just brought mine, it is saying it takes 15 hours to load the stream. is this normal???

Calo

Post by Calo »

the_gooner89 wrote:just brought mine, it is saying it takes 15 hours to load the stream. is this normal???
i told you not to buy it

:oops: :oops: :oops:

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

i had already brough it before reading your thread

Calo

Post by Calo »

the_gooner89 wrote:i had already brough it before reading your thread
yes but you havent open the wrapping i hope so you can take it back

crocit

Post by crocit »

thanx Calo, i wasn't going to buy it anyway, thanx for the warning :)

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

augie wrote:Have already bought the game this morning but havent taken it out of the packaging yet. I was so looking forward to this game too :cry: :cry: :cry: Almunia and greedybollix up front were screwed for starters 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just play 08. Mind you I've got the demo and it doesn't look too bad... ..I think I'll bittorrent it.

augie

Post by augie »

SWLGooner wrote:
augie wrote:Have already bought the game this morning but havent taken it out of the packaging yet. I was so looking forward to this game too :cry: :cry: :cry: Almunia and greedybollix up front were screwed for starters 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just play 08. Mind you I've got the demo and it doesn't look too bad... ..I think I'll bittorrent it.

Dont want to tempt fate but I played it last night and so far so good :D The new match screen takes some getting used to but is cool all the same. The major problem I have so far is that nearly every potential keeper signing that I have asked gerry peytons opinion on he says is no better than almunia :shock: :shock: :shock: Could this be why wenger has yet to buy a quality keeper ?? :wink: Next time I am chatting with mr peyton I am going to have to "educate" him on the almunia's "qualities" as a keeper :roll:

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

augie wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:

Dont want to tempt fate but I played it last night and so far so good :D The new match screen takes some getting used to but is cool all the same. :
What's it like? :?:

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

augie wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:

Dont want to tempt fate but I played it last night and so far so good :D The new match screen takes some getting used to but is cool all the same. :
What's it like? :?:

digger

Post by digger »

Wayno wrote:Kids get onto www.punternet.com and see how much fun your pocket money can get you :wink:
Quality... they do a page of stats... this bird is the cheapest in the UK :lol:

£20 a nosh for a fat bird with a smelly gash :barscarf:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

You now don't need to buy it. Here's Boomers recomnendation* for getting it free.

I've not done this personally but shall be trying.
Go and purchase the latest version of FM09 from a supermarket.
Install it now and in furture you will be loaded the game via the 'steam' link. Therefore the CD you bought is pointless after installation.

Take the game back and collect a full refund.
Note: You won't get your money back at HMV's etc as they're clued up and would only give you a credit note.

My friend has done this with success!!! :lol:

*: Not a suggustion but please use this as your own desgression or ask a grown up to help! :wink:

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

You all need to get out more.

:D

Nice_Guy

Post by Nice_Guy »

I think its pretty decent. 3D match engine is pretty cr@p so I just play it old school, text only!

Press Conferences are good & the assistant really does help. Bought Ljungberg for Reading & just about to start the season.

Hasnt crashed yet :wink: