Women's little Christmas

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
corkbarry

Women's little Christmas

Post by corkbarry »

Is a tradition in Cork going back going back at least 70 years.I suppose it goes back to the times when Women had very little social life and is the woman's Reward for all her hard work over the Christmas and always takes place on the 6th of January. To the best of my knowledge Cork is the only county in Ireland to have it.

Tonight thousand of Cork Women from teens to Grannies will descend on pubs and clubs to get plastered out of their minds, God help any man who dares to mix with them. The mans one and only function is to drop them off and pick them up(hopefully not off the pavement)

Years ago I arrived early to pick Geraldine and her friends up at a dance hall that had 500 women attending.She was dancing on the floor,saw me and called me over. I can honestly say i could have had at least 50 of those women arrested for indecent assault,but i accepted it in the good spirit it was intended Laughing after all it was a BALL ROOM But since then I always wait outside.

Is Cork the only place that has something like this?

RaM

Post by RaM »

Little Christmas here is just the day people are meant to take all their Christmas decorations down.

No one really cares about it though. :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

hope you enjoyed having the house to yourself and mum got hope safely:wink:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

At one o clock in the morning i got a phone call that sounded like this!**&^^%%^GHJNBHJIN(&*^$%£$(**&&(&^^^"I shouted back" i'm on my way". When i got there it looked like the Red Light District in Amsterdam, Women everywhere. You would think looking at them that it was the middle of Summer instead of being 3 degrees under
This morning all i hear is stories about Wine,cocktail, shots, and even a Bottle of champagne (my Niece announced that she had just got engaged)
Does the woman realise that i'm only a Pensioner
_________________ :lol: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Never heard of that before Barry must be a Cork/Irish thing

Mrs Gus (Doris)

Post by Mrs Gus (Doris) »

Sounds brilliant fun!!! I didn't think Geraldine drank??

REB

Post by REB »

Mrs Gus (Doris) wrote:Sounds brilliant fun!!! I didn't think Geraldine drank??
oh yeah :lol: :lol: and lots of it