Comic Collectors

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbankbren

Comic Collectors

Post by northbankbren »

Was a massive collector as a kid and went and bought the Obama spidey comic this week as i know it'll be worth a lot more than what i payed for it in a few years(ONLY REASON FOR BUYING),
Collected spriderman and wolverine and have a few comics that are worth a good bit now, any one else collect at any time in their life? what did you collect?

RaM

Post by RaM »

I tried to get that comic but it was sold out!!!!!

Already you can see some going for hundreds of dollars on ebay. :wink:

Hopefully I can get a second printing.

I have a few Wolverine and Blade comics, but the only one's I really collect at the moment are Deadpool. Love the Merc with a Mouth. :lol: (Hence the avatar... :D )
Last edited by RaM on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Speak to 'Arry Redknapp!

He seems to like cartoon characters!

8)

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

do these count?

:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

i was into comics as a teenager, before comics football was my big thing, then after comics it was music and females. now it's football again. would be females as well, but for some reason the missus gets the hump about that particular hobby :lol: :lol: :lol:

i bought the spiderman obama cover for purely investment reasons. i saw it by chance on ebay going for £30 plus before it had arrived in the uk. is it really going for hundreds? i know there were queues round the block in the states when it went on sale. they are reprinting. in fact, the reprint should be in uk comic book shops today. sure as hell ain't worth buying for the story though.

i've still got the frank miller original daredevil comics and also the original watchmen comics. in my mum's attic. have been there for at least 25 years. probably used as mice nesting circa 1990. :banghead: they would have been worth a bit. next time i manage to get to visit my old mum, i'll have a look and see if they have survived.

why am i writing all this? because i've got sh*tloads of work to do and i am trying to avoid it. back to the grind... :gettowork: :sleep_keyboard: :smiley_office:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

they had had to do a third printing, checked on ebay and yep its already worth more than the £10 i had to pay for it,buy now prices £100 :shock:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Man+%23583+

anyway, looks like weve made a good investment gooner ed

:D :barscarf:

RaM

Post by RaM »

Damn!

I didn't think they'd do a third print so I didn't bother with the 2nd print. :banghead:

Ah well, I'm not even American anyway. :roll:

Haha, heard the Obama part of the story was knocked up in a lunch time gooner.ed so hence the poor quality. But of course it'll sell anyway.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I like the Alan Moore graphic novels, Will Eisner and Joann Sfar too.