Carol Thatcher and the 'Golliwog'/'Gollifrog' incident

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Just to acknowledge that I have read your reply Quartz.

It is just more Israeli propoganda and I cannot take you seriously and with fairness when you display hypocricy. Accusing the BBC of bias (who pulled a gaza charity appeal to maintain neutrality) and quoting a report the is produced by a group looking after American interests around the world.

I think you need to listen with open ears to the BBC - as I have just listened to the World Service report on Israeli citizens and their views on the elections with their worries and concerns. This is not an isloated item.

You just seem someone who is going to defend Israel no matter what. And in that context I guess the best the world can hope for is that moderates on both sides can find a solution.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Galasso

Your reply appears cynical.

I do not believe it a genuine response to my last post from an open mind.

You have tried to set up what appears to be an "Honest Dialogue" yet accuse me of the very faults I campaign against.

The BBC have been blatantly anti-Israel, so much so that they had to set up a a committee to analyse and determine future Middle East reporting.

Yet the Muslim lobby has cynically and manipulatively accused the BBC of anti-Muslim and anti Arab bias!
To make out like they are the victim of some media disparity.

The Gaza charity advert would not have been a neutral one if shown alone, for if they are to show that, why not show one for the many charities that are appealing for help for the civilians population affected by Hamas rocket attacks?

The correct answer would have been to have shown both.

I have no option but to defend Israel, in the wake of cynical and planned attacks.
Last edited by QuartzGooner on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skipper

Post by skipper »

QuartzGooner wrote:Galasso

Your reply appears cynical.

I do not believe it a genuine response to my last post from an open mind.

You have tried to set up what appears to be an "Honest Dialogue" yet accuse me of the very faults I campaign against.

The BBC have been blatantly anti-Israel, so much so that they had to set up a a committee to analyse and determine future Middle East reporting.

Yet the Muslim lobby has cynically and manipulatively accused the BBC of anti-Muslim and anti Arab bias!
To make out like they are the victim of some media disparity.

The Gaza charity advert would not have been a neutral one if shown alone, for if they are to show that, why not show one for the many charities that are appealing for help for the civilians population affected by Hamas rocket attacks?

The correct answer would have been to have shown both.

I have no option to defend Israel, in the wake of cynical and planned attacks.
Now, without getting offensive, threatening etc etc :wink: I have to ask you:

Do you really believe in what you've just written?

Because you are insulting everyone's intelligence with such statements :hmmthink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Skipper

If I did not believe what I wrote, why would I have written it?

You use phrases such as "You are insulting everyone's intelligence" ...but what you actually mean is "Skipper does not agree with Quartz on this matter".

Do not confuse the two things, they are not the same.

I do not share your world view, nor your methodology of internet forum posting.

[I have since edited my post to include one extra word "but", changing the sentence "I have no option to defend Israel" to "I have no option but to defend Israel", as that was a typo.]

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

The usual Arab/Jewish/Palestinian/Israeli/Muslim viewpoints are appearing here more and more.

Understandable, considering the recent escalated conflict in the Gaza Strip.

Feelings are running high. Regardless of which side of the fence you are on. Or even if you feel totally neutral.

I am not Jewish. Not Muslim. Not Christian (except by tradition). I am not tainted by pre-conceived ideas of one true faith. Or any faith. I make my own mind up. I won't be told what to do (or believe). I'm agnostic. And I try to take a balanced view.

What I see happening right now, is that we have a conflict created by Jew-hating people, who have been killing Jews (and non-Jews) by sending missiles across the border for many years. Those missiles have been launched from schools, hospitals and mosques, in order to avoid retaliatory strikes. The Israelis have decided that enough is enough. And are now blowing up those sites (regardless of where they are sited).

Good public relations for the anti-Jews. Arab women and children are being killed by the Jews.

Simple anwer to avoid that tragedy.......move your missile sites away from schools and hospitals.

It won't happen, though. For obvious reasons.

skipper

Post by skipper »

There you go Quartz, you are insulting MY intelligence with statements such as "BBC is anti-Israeli"..."Muslim lobby" when just few weeks ago you (or Simon?) told me I'm lunatic for suggesting there is such a thing as Jewish lobby...etc etc...After all, we both live in UK and WE don't know what's really happening, so your guess is as good as mine, no better no worse. Being Jewish doesn't make you more righteous...and you believe that Bible gives Israelis right to do what they're doing... :banghead:

Olgit...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/ja ... aza-israel

14 Israelis killed in 4 years by Hamas rockets fired from Gaza.

Simple solution to avoid further tragedy: Stop building illegal settlments in occupied Palestinian land...

It won't happen, though. For obvious reasons.

Simon

Post by Simon »

Skipper

Your hatred of Jews continues. You know very well that well over 1100 people have been killed by Palestinian terrorist attacks in the last eight years, but time and time again you are completely unconcerned about this as you pursue your own agenda.

When you don't get your own way you send abusive PMs using the most disgusting language imaginable and propogate foul conspiracy theories against Jewish members of this forum. You now try to deny it , but you very clearly compared me with the Nazis - crude and deeply antisemitic. Read back over your own posts. You further belittle Quartz because he is open about the fact he is a religiously observant Jew.

I'm not holding my breath for an apology from you.

Thankfully we live in a democracy where we are free to practise our religious beliefs and hold opposing viewpoints, and our society is all the better for it.

That also means though that some like you abuse those freedoms we take for granted so that you can propagate hatred.

You do nothing whatsover to further peace or coexistence between peoples and I for one wish you had carried out your earlier threat to leave this forum, as I have no doubt it would be a better place without your posionous antisemitism.

As you've chosen to stay, rest assured your racism will be challenged and confronted wherever it manifests itself. I've always believed in confronting racists, fascists and antisemites head on.

Moderates like olgitgooner who are prepared to look at all sides give me hope for the future.

skipper

Post by skipper »

[quote="Simon"]Skipper

When you don't get your own way you send abusive PMs using the most disgusting language imaginable and propogate foul conspiracy theories against Jewish members of this forum. You now try to deny it , but you very clearly compared me with the Nazis - crude and deeply antisemitic. Read back over your own posts. You further belittle Quartz because he is open about the fact he is a religiously observant Jew.

quote]

As I mentioned before Simon, 100 times repeated lie becomes truth...you have another 94 turns...

Now to stop this nonsense, please please please copy-paste my sentance in which I called you a Nazi (you can use my PMs as well)...otherwise stop.

-----------------------

Polls have found staggering levels of support for driving Palestinians out of the occupied territories (46%), and 76% of Jewish Israelis say they would support expelling the Israeli Arab population. And that is what is going to be expressed at the ballot box.

http://leninology.blogspot.com/2009/02/ ... tions.html

I hope we agree this is as credible source as any that Quartz have provided...

Simon

Post by Simon »

skipper wrote:
Simon wrote:Skipper

quote]

As I mentioned before Simon, 100 times repeated lie becomes truth...you have another 94 turns...

Now to stop this nonsense, please please please copy-paste my sentance in which I called you a Nazi (you can use my PMs as well)...otherwise stop.
Skipper

I don't wish to waste time with racists like you and prefer to debate with decent people, so this is somewhat hurried.

I have told the truth. You clearly have your own agenda of race hate. You try to get round this by calling every Jew a "Zionist" thinking you can get away with antisemitic comments this way. Well you won't, and I remind you yet again of Martin Luther King's quote about racists: "When people talk about Zionists, they mean Jews. You are talking antisemitism."

People can read back through your deeply offensive racist bullying posts and comments and then look at my own posts if they so wish. You are clearly too lazy to do so yourself.

You compared me to a Nazi when I dared point out to you that innocent civilians had been deliberately murdered by terrorists because they were born Jewish, and you stated:

"Shame on You, but then again, Goebels must be quite pleased watching from hell at yr propaganda bullshit."

Using your usual potty mouth, you also called me a "twat."

What make that even more offensive is that the context of this was a post on Holocaust Memorial Day which I suggested would be a good time for people to reflect on all innocent victims of conflict.

I am a British citizen and yet you told me I should go and live in Israel.

You then informed me I am an "arrogant zionist c**t"

You went on about a Jewish lobby and then suggested to me that I am somehow responsible for or control the actions of the Israeli Army. You then went on to tell me that I somehow control or have a hotline to the Israeli Secret Service.

You delight in demonising Israel at every possible opportunity and told me it is a "Nazi Fascist" country.

You delight in using classic antisemitic stereotypes at every possible opportunity.

It's very telling indeed that despite numerous requests for clarification from you, you have refused to condemn the murder of Jewish women and children by terrorists.

Go away Skipper. There's no place here for you or anywhere in decent society.

Be assured you and your kind will be flushed out wherever you appear.

skipper

Post by skipper »

So at what point did I call you a Nazi?

skipper

Post by skipper »

Simon wrote:
skipper wrote:
Simon wrote:Skipper

quote]

Skipper

I don't wish to waste time with racists like you and prefer to debate with decent people, so this is somewhat hurried.

I have told the truth. You clearly have your own agenda of race hate. You try to get round this by calling every Jew a "Zionist" thinking you can get away with antisemitic comments this way. Well you won't, and I remind you yet again of Martin Luther King's quote about racists: "When people talk about Zionists, they mean Jews. You are talking antisemitism."

People can read back through your deeply offensive racist bullying posts and comments and then look at my own posts if they so wish. You are clearly too lazy to do so yourself.

You compared me to a Nazi when I dared point out to you that innocent civilians had been deliberately murdered by terrorists because they were born Jewish, and you stated:

"Shame on You, but then again, Goebels must be quite pleased watching from hell at yr propaganda bullshit."

100 times repeated lie becomes truth, I believe Goebels said that.

Using your usual potty mouth, you also called me a "twat."

So?

What make that even more offensive is that the context of this was a post on Holocaust Memorial Day which I suggested would be a good time for people to reflect on all innocent victims of conflict.

I am a British citizen and yet you told me I should go and live in Israel.

Only after you told me I should join hamas and blow myself up... :banghead:

You then informed me I am an "arrogant zionist c**t"

Yes, i believe you are all those things...especially after you turned that statement into "Skipper, you without doubt think that 9month old jewish baby killed by suicide bomber is 'zionist c..t'"...that's how low you went Simon, I pity you for that...

You went on about a Jewish lobby and then suggested to me that I am somehow responsible for or control the actions of the Israeli Army. You then went on to tell me that I somehow control or have a hotline to the Israeli Secret Service.

All I said was: You won't call Mosad on me? It was a joke, Simon...

You delight in demonising Israel at every possible opportunity and told me it is a "Nazi Fascist" country.

Yes, I believe it is. And I added: Racist and Apartheid as well...

You delight in using classic antisemitic stereotypes at every possible opportunity.

Such as?

It's very telling indeed that despite numerous requests for clarification from you, you have refused to condemn the murder of Jewish women and children by terrorists.

I condemn all murders by all sides, and I'm not selective in my sorrow (such as: I feel sorry for Palestinian kids but it's all Hamas fault :banghead: )

Go away Skipper. There's no place here for you or anywhere in decent society.

:barscarf:

Be assured you and your kind will be flushed out wherever you appear

:barscarf: .

REB

Post by REB »

think its time to end this thread, getting totally off topic and getting to a stage that is beyond talking :roll: