Former Gunners now in Essex

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IrishJB

Former Gunners now in Essex

Post by IrishJB »

Hi all,

Re Proposed North East Essex branch of the AFSC.
Firstly thanks to ev one who's replied so far! (especially The Gooner) for putting the ad on the main page.

Around 50 Essex Gooners to date have got in touch, which is great!

But, we need more, as quite a few have yet to give their contact details. So, if you haven't enquired yet, please read the ad on the main page and drop me an email.

I'm hoping to get a meeting arranged soon to elect officials etc and it would be nice (prob unrealistic), but great if i could get a former player along.

Thus my heading - anyone know which former player/s reside in Essex? & how i can get in contact. Prob best to email me offsite.

B Regs

JB

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

Come on mods help the lad out and bang it uo in Chat :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BUMP. 8)

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

HUMP 8)

digger

Post by digger »

Isn't Perry Groves from Colchester/Sudbury?

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Spuddy lives in Essex!

But he is is not a former player, just simply a cock!

Sorry I cannot help any further.

8)

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Percy Dalton wrote:Spuddy lives in Essex!

8)
According to match reports of onlinegooner v Sunderland, I guess he is a former player :shock: :lol: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Galasso wrote:
Percy Dalton wrote:Spuddy lives in Essex!

8)
According to match reports of onlinegooner v Sunderland, I guess he is a former player :shock: :lol: 8)
He'll be back. Gus/Percy and I'll be playing in the next one, Spuddy won't have much to do between the sticks... 8)

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Im in Rainham essex..Would i qualify to join?

I could be entertainments manager..SERIOUSLY :)

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Get a few Essex slags involved and I fly over... :lol:

IrishJB

Gunners of old now in ye olde Essex?

Post by IrishJB »

Perry Groves - yeah originally Col Utd of course, i think yr right now RE Sudbury somewhere. Think he spends most of his time in the nick though - so be a job to get hold of him LOL!

Am i missing something re Spuddy? Surely u dont mean Smudger 'Alan Smith'? :banghead:

IrishJB

Post by IrishJB »

mrgnu1958 wrote:Im in Rainham essex..Would i qualify to join?

You're more than welcome to join! But you have S E Essex branch right on your door step 'mrgnu1958' - Entertainments Mgr - umm? now there's a thought. But you'd have to do impressions and do the 'dads dance' and eat chinese food backwards. The last one's prob the easiest after a few beers (well for me it is!)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IrishJB wrote:
mrgnu1958 wrote:Im in Rainham essex..Would i qualify to join?

You're more than welcome to join! But you have S E Essex branch right on your door step 'mrgnu1958' - Entertainments Mgr - umm? now there's a thought. But you'd have to do impressions and do the 'dads dance' and eat chinese food backwards. The last one's prob the easiest after a few beers (well for me it is!)
You have no idea what you are letting yourself in for mate. :lol: :wink:

alanalansunderland

Re: Former Gunners now in Essex

Post by alanalansunderland »

IrishJB wrote:Hi all,

Re Proposed North East Essex branch of the AFSC.
Firstly thanks to ev one who's replied so far! (especially The Gooner) for putting the ad on the main page.

Around 50 Essex Gooners to date have got in touch, which is great!

But, we need more, as quite a few have yet to give their contact details. So, if you haven't enquired yet, please read the ad on the main page and drop me an email.

I'm hoping to get a meeting arranged soon to elect officials etc and it would be nice (prob unrealistic), but great if i could get a former player along.

Thus my heading - anyone know which former player/s reside in Essex? & how i can get in contact. Prob best to email me offsite.

B Regs

JB
The SEE Gunners can put you in touch with Perry no trouble, just get in touch via the usual way!

As for people living in Rainham we are always looking for members, especially entertainment officers at South East Essex Gunners :D

I Hate Hleb

Re: Gunners of old now in ye olde Essex?

Post by I Hate Hleb »

IrishJB wrote:Perry Groves - yeah originally Col Utd of course, i think yr right now RE Sudbury somewhere. Think he spends most of his time in the nick though - so be a job to get hold of him LOL!

Am i missing something re Spuddy? Surely u dont mean Smudger 'Alan Smith'? :banghead:
Nope. One was a legend and title-winning striker for the Arsenal, whilst the other was a hopeless goal-keeper for the forum team whose performances were, by all accounts, down-right embarrassing!! :goalie: :groaner: :roll: :wink:

I'll leave you to work out which is which. :lol: :lol: :wink: