I see the Wolves fans have been receiving some sort of misplaced respect from the media and pundits for their vocal performance yesterday. Personally, and without wishing to sound like Simon Cowell, it was all too predictable.
There are 2 grounds this season - Wolves and Burnley - where the Charter of the Little Club should be posted on every turnstile entrance to the ground. The Charter reads as follows
1. The team should "get in Arsenal's faces" for the first 20 minutes mindlessly chasing shadows, sliding in with raised studs. Who cares - the ref never books you in the first part of the game. Anyway, Alan Shearer says this is the way to beat Arsenal so it must be true......
2. At this point, you the supporter, should scream excitedly at every opportunity. Throws in and corners in particularly should produce orgasmic moments.....
3. Whistle and boo every time Arsenal retain the ball
4. Should one of the attempts to scythe an Arsenal player in half be successful and the physio is employed to deal with a potentially serious injury start singing "Same old Arsenal, always cheating" (in the style of a 6 year old in a playground)
5. Boo that Eduardo at every opportunity. The Sun say he is a cheat and a rotter and we all know that he is the only player that would ever do that sort of thing....
6. When three goals down make sure that you claim some sort of moral victory for singing the loudest. Some particular gems to get you started:
"Ing-er-lund, Ing-er-lund, Ing-er-lund"
"Fuck all, you're gonna win fuck all" (the thicker the regional accent the better for this one...with the emphasis on thick please)
"Your support is fucking shit"
"We support our local team"
7. After getting stuffed out of sight make sure that you claim that only the "top four" get the benefit of the doubt from the refs and that if key incidents had gone your way it would have been a different story
8. Shout "WHO ?" when established Arsenal players get substituted on to the field whilst chuckling with your mates over your cracking sense of humour
9. When eventually relegated pretend that the Championship is a better division because everyone has a chance in the play offs and we get to sing "Ee-ay, ee-ay, ee-ay, ee-ay-o....up the football league we go" everywhere from Plymouth to Scunthorpe
Can anyone think of some additional terms of the Charter ?????