Almunia Out Camaign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Rightly or wrongly, fan power got Eboue dropped. Not some website that is too easy to ignore and will only be looked at by the converted, I mean vocally expressing your opinion.

"Poor guy" yes. But I'd prefer that we destroyed the guy and got rid in the next couple of games than be nice and polite and let Wenger stick with him for the season.

If he used to be brilliant at a former club or with us, then I'd say stick with him and try to build his confidence. But average Al is in his 30's and has never been any fucking good!

And anyway. So the guy gets crucified and effectively forced out by the fans. He will still be something none of us will ever be.....a multi millionaire!!!

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

I still think that if you are to get anywhere surely the energy must be aimed at the bloke who sets the club out with his choices, The Manager.

libertine

Post by libertine »

I say we boycott going to games until Wenger gets rid of Almunia and Flappy!!

If only that would ever happen... :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

libertine wrote:I say we boycott going to games until Wenger gets rid of Almunia and Flappy!!

If only that would ever happen... :roll:
Well it needs many to be effective. I've already gone public and said that I will not attend a game that I know Fabianski will be picked for and am happy to pass my 2 Silver memberships to those that want to go and waste their money watching us lose games that we don't deserve to because we have to face at least two shots on target from the oppo,

Probably pathetic in the eyes of some, but having tripped up to the Brittania and Turf Moor and witnessed his own brand of incompetence all too often I will take these cups as seriously as our manager does.

If everyone did the same the club's revenue (and straight walkthrough to EBITDA) would drop by £4m to £5m. Perhaps then someone might notice. Till then, there's a queue of hardy souls willing to take my place at St James's where Andy Carroll will score at least 2 with the clown sitting there looking like a little boy lost

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

i don't see why it shouldn't work - Fans foreced Greedybayor out of the club and Eboue was within weeks of getting the boot as well

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Almunia isnt good enough for Arsenal and never has been. AL OUT NOW

Pilly

Post by Pilly »

He's already "out" by the looks of this photo...

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Rather than Almunia out, shouldnt it be Wenger out? The last thing we need is even more unconfidence from Average :roll:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Enough with "Campaigns" and "Petitions".

They lack class if targeted against a single player on the basis of poor form.
As said by others, Almunia is in over his head, and is meant to be a heck of a nice guy, not an idiot like Joey Barton.

It was obvious we needed a new goalkeeper, but Wenger did not buy.

It was obvious we needed another defensive midfielder, but Frimpong got injured and there was little time for Wenger to act.

It was obvious Keown worked wonders for the team when defensive coach, but he was not asked back after 2006.

Wenger, not the board, is responsible.

It is time for those on here who know current and players, to somehow pass word through them of the extent of our frustrations.
Truthfully I am not optimistic that will work, as Wenger seems stubborn, and committed to a long term plan.

Just have to be patient, Wenger is going nowhere.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

QuartzGooner wrote:Enough with "Campaigns" and "Petitions".

As said by others, Almunia is in over his head, and is meant to be a heck of a nice guy, not an idiot like Joey Barton.

It was obvious we needed another defensive midfielder, but Frimpong got injured and there was little time for Wenger to act.

It was obvious Keown worked wonders for the team when defensive coach, but he was not asked back after 2006.

It is time for those on here who know current and players, to somehow pass word through them of the extent of our frustrations.
Truthfully I am not optimistic that will work, as Wenger seems stubborn, and committed to a long term plan.

Cheers for a sensible post.

Almunia is our number one til January, no point complaining now. Just have to give him our (albeit grudging) support and hope that in January Wenger comes through (assuming MA1 form doesn't pick up). Wenger is not going to be leaving the club anytime soon and MA1 is not going to get tossed out because of a petition or a campaign... and even if he did, do you want Flappyhandski in net?

Mannone and Szczesny are not going to be overnight saviors of Arsenal either.

CPHANMER

Post by CPHANMER »

I'm bored of all this Almunia talk. Yes he is sh*t but if we had another goalie it would still show up how crap clichy and sagna are at defending as well as diaby/denilson doing f*ck all. Then after that its the fact we only have one fit striker... Almunia's f*ck ups only show him up. No one other than Nasri done anything on saturday but they seem to get away with it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well the majority on here have got exactly what they wished for, at least on a temporary basis. Almunia is out of the team and now we're down to our outstanding second choice. There's no elbow injury or if there was then there was little evidence of it in the 2nd half on Saturday.

So, we go to Belgrade facing a hostile crowd in unfamiliar surroundings. Just the place for a pathetic little boy of a goalkeeper to come out flapping at corners and worry our already brittle defenders with his particular brand of "shall I come out, shall I stay here, shall I stand and watch while the opponents take an indirect free kick in our own penalty area"

Lets hope he does as well as his last Euro away day over in Porto (or as well as his displays in the 4-4 at Anfield, the 1-2 to the Chavs at Wembley, the 1-5 at the Lane, the 1-3 at the Brittania, the 0-2 at Turf Moor, the 1-4 at home to the Chavs, the 2-3 at Wigan, the 1-2 at Blackburn........I could go on)

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

CPHANMER wrote:I'm bored of all this Almunia talk. Yes he is sh*t but if we had another goalie it would still show up how crap clichy and sagna are at defending as well as diaby/denilson doing f*ck all. Then after that its the fact we only have one fit striker... Almunia's f*ck ups only show him up. No one other than Nasri done anything on saturday but they seem to get away with it.
Everyone else has been slated on various threads mate.

You should spend more time on here, rather than leading a normal life

:roll: :lol: :wink:

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

kingjayson1 wrote:Yeah I feel a little bad on the actualy direct slating of him because I am guilty of it. But Wenger picks the team, what can Al do? Refuse to play?

Its Wenger we should be aiming this at.
Spot on, If Wenger had done his job properly in the summer and signed a decent keeper then we wouldnt be discussing this. Wenger is to blame, nobody else

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Enough with "Campaigns" and "Petitions".

Ditto! :high5:

What we all need to consider is:

None of the four GK's are good enough (yet)...

Mannone and Schzezny - might work out...who can say??? :roll:

However we ARE stuck with them until at least january....so as much as it is a very bitter pill to swallow, we need to (pretend anyway) show whoever is in goal our 100% and complete support.

I'm sure that Almunia will know without a shadow of a doubt that he is not wanted by all Gooners, same goes for Fabianski......BUT - we need to give them our support (at games) rather than get on their backs....not an easy thiong to do I know....believe me i wanted tobreak the fecker's legs after his pitifull showing on saturday...which was basically a re-run of last season....

So, if we can (pretend to) show that we are behind the GK (Almunia/Fabianski) - who knows it may help their confidence and so their performances at least until AW can get a Proper Keeper in.....and in order to ensure he actually does do something about this awful (and let's be fair totally unnecessary) situation come january - anny Gooner worth their salt must write to AW, sign any peitions that are going for a new GK etc etc....and whilst doing as much as possible to let AW know we are no longer willing to tolerate his blinkered view on GK's....we do what any 12th man would do...and that's support all the players/team....so at least they can never say they didn't get the full support of the fans...

Personally I think AW should play Schzezny - untried in the prem etc....but I somehow can't see him making as many colossal judgement errors as almunia or fabianski....also he appears to be full of confidence...somethig obviously lacking in the former..

:barscarf: COME ON ARSENAL!! :barscarf:

COME ON YOU GOONERS! :high5: